Share your favorite songs and/or renditions of songs from this great Disney musical of Yesterland.
Personally, I really enjoy how "Yankee Doodle" is the song that takes us through the history of American music. But my favorites are, and there are many of them, the following in order of appearance:
1) The Birmingham Jail--- The way that he says "Birmingham" makes me laugh everytime
2) "Who Shot the Hole in My Sombrero" --- An amazing voice talent that fits the song perfectly
3) "Ballad of Billy the Kid" --- The voices fit beautifully with the song and the pipe organ in the background.
4) "Home on the Range" --- I love the coyote in the background. It cracks me up everytime. I get the vision of the coyote chasing after the deer and the antelope, and how that howl just contrasts with "Seldom is heard a discouraging word".
5) "Down in the Liscensed Saloon"
6) "Sweet Adeline" --- I love the quartet backing up this "terrible singer"
7) "She Ain't What She Used to Be" --- The Old Lady's voice makes me laugh and so does her commentary.
8) "Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay" --- It's just so uplifting and happy
9) "Joy to the World" --- It makes the perfect finale song for America to sing
10) Sam's Final "Yankee Doodle"
11) The Finale
12) And of course "Pop goes the Weasle"!
I never got to see this show and was first introduced to its soundtrack through the Disneyland 50th CD collection. It is awesome! Burl Ives (voice of Sam) makes the perfect narrator. I would so much like to see it. I hope that someday Disneyland will resurrect it. So share your favorites and any memories of this classic Disneyland attraction.