Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb New Restaurant Idea in old MBC

Okay, first of all this idea seems sort of crazy, possibly impossible, but it (1) uses the unused Motor Boat Cruise Area (2) partly involves the Submarine Voyage lagoon (but doesn't affect the ride), and (3) adds a new restaurant....

Tonight at this local restaurant, which looks remarkably like the Sub lagoon (lots of the rocks, but no fake fish), and has big glass windows that look out to water. I thought this looks very Disney-like, and I thought wouldn't it be neat to imagine subs floating by.

And it dawned on me, an underground restaurant in Fantasyland in the Old Motor Boat Cruise. that has views of the Sub lagoon. The windows would look out the big yellow subs (but window modified so as not to see the track, and no fake plants floating in front. (and as it passes, the narration in the sub could be reflecting the diners).

I thought about the restaurant in the Living Seas, and that could be a basis. But they could add a Finding Nemo theme to the subs, or they could do a different theme of exploration (almost 20,000 leagues style), but it just sounded so crazy and interesting I had to put it here.

I still don't know how safe or feasible it would be, but if they start with the construction with the subs, they could open it in time....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: New Restaurant Idea in old MBC

Oh wow, I love your idea! That would be so awesome!

What kind of food would they serve there?

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Seafood. What else?

• Northwest Disneyphile

I love the idea. It could be a sea food restaurant caled "Feeding Nemo to you" MMM Clown Fish sandwich!
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Very interesting idea, kind of a Submarine Restuarant meets the Blue Bayou. I like the idea since the concept of sit down places within the park has become nearly extinct. I know that there are many places in DTD, but more choices inside the berm would be nice. Bonus too, it's in a good location that isn't to overcrowded with other food places (ODV doesn't count) Great idea
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Step down... under the water level? I love it! Dine while you look out the thick glass walls at the subs going by. So what if the subs can see you too for awhile. It sounds like a ton of fun for all involved. BTW: seafood does NOT mean deep-fried fish sticks. Disneyland could do with another Blue Bayou level eatery.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Thats a great idea.. and even if they can't do it under water, it could be a floating restaurant, which they have done in a town near mine.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Step down... under the water level? I love it! Dine while you look out the thick glass walls at the subs going by. So what if the subs can see you too for awhile. It sounds like a ton of fun for all involved. BTW: seafood does NOT mean deep-fried fish sticks. Disneyland could do with another Blue Bayou level eatery.
    I don't think the subs would actually have to see the dinners. They could probably use some sort of screen on the windows (kind of like on buses and car wraps) that would allow the windows to be disguised from the restuarant. And I totally agree with the level of eateries. Disney needs to have more engaging food places, something more than ODV and hamburgers and pizza.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I think this is a great idea!!! I'm with Tom Chaney.... the park really needs another upscale sit-down resturant.

You know, if they planned it right, there could be a resturant below, and another attraction above. Make as much use as possible out of Disneyland's scarce real estate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Princess Mouse Ears

Great idea! Sounds like a lot of fun!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Love this idea!!!

DL defintely needs another sit-down restaurant and like Hyper said maybe there can be an attraction on top also to make the best use of space. Great idea!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I didn't think about having an attraction on top, while keeping the restaurant. That would really be using the land wisely.

As for the restaurant...I like the suggestions for more interesting and entertaining restaurant. It would be exactly like the Blue Bayou. Would the Company even be interested in putting a bar against the glass wall. Or would that be better as the dining area?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

They could probably pick these up pretty cheap...
    http://www.seeing-stars.com/Dine/Dive.shtml
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ...TWO BITS!

AH MAN! They closed the DIVE! restaurant in Las Vegas!! URGH! I only went there once and I thought it was pretty neat.

Anyways, I was also thinking of a restaurant in that area with an attraction on top. Disney wouldn't have to do much digging. But looking at a bird's eye view: http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...Lat=33.8139887

Looks like the lower portion of MBC that's surrounded by Autopia tracks could be the restaurant. With a bridge in Fantasyland that leads over Autopia off-roading tracks and to the attraction on top of the restaurant. The bridge would rise on the upper half of the MBC surrounded by Autopia tracks, then queue over that corner and lead into the ride located on the lower half of MBC. This would provide a nice view of Autopia and from passing FL ride vehicles in that upper half of MBC (I'll explain in a little bit) And I guess the upper half of MBC in the Autopia tracks could be 1 or 2 dark rides. The buildings would have to be themed as landscape for Autopia cars or for whatever the future FL ride is perhaps. The buiding design would be similar to how the Alice and Toad ride overlap each other. In fact, why not have a portion of these rides make an outdoor appearance to pass by Autopia cars? To enter the restaurant guests would go down a ramp on the Fantasyland side where the off-roading to Autopia is. Then go under the Autopia tracks and into the restaurant.

With the 1 or 2 darkrides, entrance and exit on the north side of the winding Autopia tracks. Guests also queue down under the Autopia tracks to get on the ride. Or the other attraction could have the bridge & queue style. A new pathway would surround Fantasia Gardens. Meaning a new pathway east of Fantasia Gardens that takes guests to the new attraction bulidings and up alongside the end/start of the parade route. This would kind of give an alternate almost secluded pathway option to use besides Small World Mall.

Possible FL rides?: Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, & Aladdin. I have more detailed plans for each of these rides, but I'll hold that back...

Fantasia Gardens could get some more themeing to relate it more to "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000". Statues perhaps. A similar feel to Ariel's Grotto. And put a little water & light show in synch with the classical music used from these films. Showtime every 15 or 30 minutes.

This would be awesome!

I hope that all this made sense and you think it's possible...

On a side note, you see the the freeway exit and onramp near Disneyland? This would probably never happen, but wouldn't that be an interesting place to but a new E-ticket Narnia attraction and DL backstage?? The queue would have a similar feeling as Indy's queue. With Narnia, you enter the mansion, walk around, end up in the room with the wardrobe, enter the wardrobe into Narnia's winter forest & lampost, explore the area a bit until you arrive in your enchanted sleigh. . With all this queue areas, it's a bridge that goes over the train tracks to the show building. But this whole Narnia thing is a dream never to come true. (How awesome would the AAs be!!! LOL)
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 02-23-2006 at 11:27 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Another idea might be a couple of floating houseboats themed to different Disney characters Mulan, Ariel etc. that float slowly around the track while you eat... A 45 minute roation would do. Chinese? You want the Mulan boat... Seafood, Ariel boat. French? Beauty and the Beast. Italian? Pinnochio boat. You get the idea. It could have some kind of scenery along the way, and be by reservation... Kind of a meet and greet meets restaurant in a very upscale luxury setting in Fantasyland, with Monorails overhead and submarines and Autopias going by... Fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast