Need Viewing Advice

Hi,
    I'm new to Mice Chat and I figured you all are the PERFECT group to ask where in the park I should stand to watch both the Parade of Dreams and the fireworks show. I will be seeing the 7 p.m. Parade so I think it might start on Main Street. I haven't seen either show yet and want to get the best spots without having to camp out for 3 hours! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• My life is better with DL

Re: Need Viewing Advice

Ok just a couple tips.

The parade is great really anywhere on mainstreet. The fireworks however, need to be seen from right infront of the castle.
    This can require camping out a long time in order to get a good spot. If you have the time, do it. If not I recommend sitting up by the train station on Main street.

Also, an amazing idea my friend and I tried last time is we ait a late dinner at the Plaza Inn and watched them from patio there while eating. There was no crowds around us, and if you get a really good spot, you can really get a great view!

^This is the life!

Smile Re: Need Viewing Advice

Thank you so much! I appreciate your input. We're going tomorrow night and I'm so excited.

• My life is better with DL

Well I hope you enjoy it! I will be there Saturday so if you stick around, check around the PLaza inn, I will totally be there. Haha

^This is the life!

I always watch from a park bench opposite of "it's a small world" I always get to see them open the gates next to small world for the parade to start. The Parade starts right there and you will get to see the whole parade without a ton of crowd. the first "Stop Set" in the show will be right infront of you. It's the Lion King stop set by the way. That's where the parade stops and they do "stunts". After the parade hang out for a few. the parade has to stop two more times and travel all the way to Main Street before "Remember... Dreams come true" starts. Go ride roger rabit and/or small world and come back to that same spot. You will get to see the projections (Movie) on the face of small world during the fireworks. Plus the fireworks lauching from toontown will be right above your head. and the main street ones will be to your left. You feel right in the line of fire. I love it!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you that you can get a great view of the fireworks from "It's a small world"!

I agree, they are fabulous from the Plaza Inn or from right in front of the castle. I have also seen them from the end of Main Street. Great view of the castle. Great location for the skyrocketing fireworks, and a great location if you want to leave right afterwards because you will have about 10,000 people behind you on your way out instead of the in front of you.

Good luck! They are great no matter what... don't miss them.
    Last edited by peoplemover1; 02-23-2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: clarification

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Here's what I do when I go to see the fireworks...
    After the second showing of the parade, I get a spot on a bench right at the hub and wait a couple of hours. Bring something to do, or other people to sit and save a spot for you while you can go shop, eat, etc.

You can watch the first parade showing during the late afternoon and then do whatever and wait until after the parade goes by in front of the castle and get ready for the fireworks.

Watching "Remember..." in front of the Castle is the only way to go. I always recommend that spot for people whenever they go. Last time I saw them it was in the middle of Main Street and was very disappointed. My dad wanted my mother and I to watch them from the Plaza in front of the train station but we didn't want to. IMPO, you aren't a part of the fireworks (trying not to give anything away) if you don't sit in the hub. Best spot is probably the end of Main Street in front of the Partners statue.

Good luck and have fun when you go!