• ...TWO BITS!

Fantasyland Expansion

This was posted in another thread (http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...27#post497127), but I thought I should make a new thread for this:

I was also thinking of a restaurant in that MBC area with an attraction on top. Disney wouldn't have to do much digging. But looking at a bird's eye view: http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com...Lat=33.8139887

Looks like the lower portion of MBC that's surrounded by Autopia tracks could be the restaurant. With a bridge in Fantasyland that leads over Autopia off-roading tracks and to the attraction on top of the restaurant. The bridge would rise on the upper half of the MBC surrounded by Autopia tracks, then queue over that corner and lead into the ride located on the lower half of MBC. This would provide a nice view of Autopia and from passing FL ride vehicles in that upper half of MBC (I'll explain in a little bit) And I guess the upper half of MBC in the Autopia tracks could be 1 or 2 dark rides. The buildings would have to be themed as landscape for Autopia cars or for whatever the future FL ride is perhaps. The buiding design would be similar to how the Alice and Toad ride overlap each other. In fact, why not have a portion of these rides make an outdoor appearance to pass by Autopia cars? To enter the restaurant guests would go down a ramp on the Fantasyland side where the off-roading to Autopia is. Then go under the Autopia tracks and into the restaurant.

With the 1 or 2 darkrides, entrance and exit on the north side of the winding Autopia tracks. Guests also queue down under the Autopia tracks to get on the ride. Or the other attraction could have the bridge & queue style. A new pathway would surround Fantasia Gardens. Meaning a new pathway east of Fantasia Gardens that takes guests to the new attraction bulidings and up alongside the end/start of the parade route. This would kind of give an alternate almost secluded pathway option to use besides Small World Mall.

Possible FL rides?: Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, & Aladdin. I have more detailed plans for each of these rides, but I'll hold that back...

Fantasia Gardens could get some more themeing to relate it more to "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000". Statues perhaps. A similar feel to Ariel's Grotto. And put a little water & light show in synch with the classical music used from these films. Showtime every 15 or 30 minutes.

Skyway should be a FairyTale Cottage. Different characters tell a story ala Storytime with Aladdin and Jasmine at Aladdin's Oasis. The Skyway station up there has a nice view of Fantasyland. And there's not much else you can do, except for a storytime and meet n greet.

Enclose Fantasyland Theater and put good productions in. The facade is a mix theme of Medival tents and Festival of Fools.

Expand the Matterhorn queue like they did with Jungle Cruise.

You see the the I-5 freeway exit and onramp near Disneyland? This would probably never happen, but wouldn't that be an interesting place to but a new E-ticket Narnia attraction and DL backstage?? Actually, it WOULD be possible to reroute a few of the ramps. But I don't want to go into detail for that. The queue would have a similar feeling as Indy's queue. With Narnia, you enter the mansion facade, walk around, go upstairs, end up in the room with the wardrobe, enter the wardrobe into Narnia's winter forest & lampost, explore the area a bit until you arrive in your enchanted sleigh or a POTC/ Small World/ water coaster type flume ride. Another idea would be when you go through the wardrobe into Narnia, you're actually outdoors in the winter forest theme. Then you track outdoors through Narnia and enter the Witch's castle for the indoor portions of the ride. So it's similar to how Small World & the Pooh ride is set up. If it's a flume ride, the "river" un/load station is themed with the Beaver dam. With all the queue areas, it's a bridge that goes over the train tracks to the show building. I chose the queue to go over the tracks instead of under because when you go upstairs, it's like going upstairs in the mansion.

I haven't completely worked out the ride experience yet. But as the years go on, the attraction would be updated to reflect the latest Narnia film releases. So this attraction is not completely based on the 1st film. It's like a collection similar to the Indy ride. AH, just think of all the awesome AA's & SFX we could have!!

I hope that all this made sense and you think it's possible...
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 02-24-2006 at 02:44 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Fantasyland Expansion

The terraserver link doesn't work.

• ...TWO BITS!

BEAUTY & THE BEAST DARKRIDE:

You queue through Belle's house. When your in the basement, you hop on hop Marcie's steam powered vehicle. The engine is in the back. (1) Then you stroll through the town with "Belle" song like in the movie. (2) Then you stroll through the countryside like Marcie did going to the fair (with the music to match, too). (3) Then you're in the dead pathway strolling through. (4) You come to a Y-intersection. Looking at a sign with markings on it. One path leads to a dead pathway like you're on, the other path is dark and mysterious. Bats fly out and scare you to the dark path. (5) Strolling through this dark path, hungry wolves emerge from the woods on your left and right. You dodge and escape their teeth going through a castle door. (6) You stroll around the halls. Lumiere and Cogsworth are on a table to your left. The hallway is similar to the West Wing hallway from the movie. You come up to a door with the lion head and horns. Doors opens up. (7) In front of you, you see the ripped painting of the Prince. Turn a corner and approach a floating flower in a glass case. You go closer wanting to touch the flower. The dark image next to it moves. It's the beast! It growls at you. You turn away through another hallway. (8) In this hall, gargoyle statues and wall carvings are present. Along with armored knights to your left and right. As you pass them, their heads turn to look at you. You go through a door. (9) The Enchanted character cast sings the "Be Our Guest" number. After this exciting room, you go outside. (10) It's a snowy day for the Beast, Belle, and Enchanted characters. "Something There" plays along. (11) Belle and Beast raise their bowls to each other. "Something There" transitions to (12) a small melody of "Beauty and the Beast" for Belle and Beast dance in the ball room. (13) At the front entrance, Gaston and the mob barge in to "Kill the Beast" (although I think this is called "The Mob Song"). (14) We're on the balcony as Gaston stabs Beast. Belle catches Beast leaving Gaston to his falling death. Before we leave this room, Belle says "I love you, Beast". (15) Beast is midair as Belle lies on the ground. Beast turns, his cape block our view, and he becomes human again. (16) Prince and Belle dance as others look on. THE END. Riders step off the steam powered vehicle and exit. The exit is either themed as Belle's basement door or a forest.

I think that's a little too much show scenes. But it could be reduced. I think my problem is the "Something There" section.

THE LITTLE MERMIAD DARKRIDE:

Either the rumored suspended track layout similar to Peter Pan's Flight. OR I had the idea of putting Aquatopia in a darkride setting. But the Aquatopia darkride could go to another Disney park.

ALADDIN DARKRIDE:

Guests board flying carpets, BUT there's no overhead track and you can't see the track below you. This will be like a flight simulator dark ride (like Indy, but you always feel like your flying). But the ride also uses the trackless system from Tokyo's Pooh's Hunny Hunt. The base of the vehicle could be themed as clouds or just a black base. But it's detached from the carpet. So when the ride is at the loading station, the carpet will look like it's on the cloud. The carpet moves up and down and tilts forward for speed and back to slow down. The track will be covered up by smoke/misters (similar to what is used for clouds in DCA's Aladdin show) for "A Whole New World" so it looks like you're moving through clouds. The same effect could also be used to look like you're flying through steam in "The Cave of Wonders" scene.

POSSIBLE LOCATIONS: Little Mermaid on top of the restaurant, Aladdin on top of Beauty & the Beast in the upper half of MBC inside the Autopia track circle.

RESTAURANT: Should the restaurant be themed as Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?? I think 20,000 Leagues would be best. Plus WDI had concept art for this anyways.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 02-24-2006 at 02:49 PM.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    The terraserver link doesn't work.
    Fixed it. Thanks for the heads up

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Thought about the locations more:

On top of the restaurant should be the Beauty & the Beast attraction. Then with the upper half of MBC the lowest level, that should be my Little Mermaid Aquatopia dark ride attraction. On top of TLM, is still the Aladdin attraction. With TLM, the station is outdoors connected below a water level with Fantasia Gardens. So it's a similar feel to the Pooh/ Small World ride where the un/loading station is outdoors. Then the rest of the ride is indoors.

Hmm... actually, I would try to put Aladdin in this idea I had to expand Adventureland... but what attraction to put in Fantasyland now...??

And the Narnia attraction would probably not happen the way I posted, so I guess there's no other choice but to put Narnia in DCA (maybe with Malestorm ride tech)...

Then add a snack shop, maze, or small store across from TLM and formerly Aladdin ride entrances are. If there's room, of course.

Any comments...? Any at all??

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Hmmm... Maybe change Aladdin ride to a Mulan ride...??

-Jurassic Park

• Down Pluto!

Please - no Narnia attraction...

• Street Rat

marcie? You mean maurice the dad? I love the idea of the belle dark ride!!!!! Very creative!!!!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Yeah. I'm sure that's how you spell his name. Thanks, DLDan.

Sambo, I wasn't really sure about the Narnia thing myself. But after a while, I have to agree with you. No Narnia. Hmmm... maybe use my same idea but for DAK as a water coaster attraction. Hmmm... but then again, Sea World Orlando supposedly has the better version of Journey to Atlantis compared to San Diego.

Oh well. Blue Sky ideas

-Jurassic Park