Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Aliens Invade Disneyland

I bought one when they first started selling them. I haven't worn it to the park since though, it mainly serves as a nightlight hanging from my bunkbed now lol. They're so annoying at the park, especially on rides like Pirates. I can imagine we'll see them flashing in Haunted Mansion when that opens back up next week.

• Newbie.

Last summer I attended a private party at Disney/MGM Studios (my sister works for the Pampered Chef, and they had booked the entire park after 7pm) and everyone was given a light up necklace to wear. It didn't seem to bother me, I thought it was kinda neat. It never occurred to me that it would annoy anyone, but I'm glad to know for future reference. Sometimes people are just oblivious....like me
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    come people be possitive! at least they can turn them off unlike the glow necklaces!
    That's true!
    This from the mom of a 7 yr old just who bought one of those ($5 dollars by the way). She wanted a light-up rose but when we found out those were $20 she scaled down to the cheapy necklace LOL.

But I DID make her turn it off in rides and even in lines, and fortunately she did not like any of the annoying "patterns", just the steady light. After a while, she put it in the bag because she didn't want to waste the batteries (I don't know why she's really thrifty that way but she is) and now it's hanging on her bed post.

• The one, the only...

All I can say is annoying! I hate those things in rides and show. I know it is just a money-sucking device. It appeals to kids who don't care if anyone else is annoyed by them. Most parents are afraid "to hurt their self-esteem" to tell them to turn it off on attractions.

The said thing is there is nothing distinctively Disney about them. I feel like it makes the park look like some traveling carnival! I wish that Disney could create something that was distinctly Disney.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I have to say, they're not terrible during parades. But if you're paying admission just so your kid can get distracted by a spinning blinking plastic toy, well, you're better off spending your money elsewhere.

• Loved Light Magic

?? the light-up roses are only $7, not $20. also, i've heard from the higher ups at odv that they will definitely raise the price of the flash necklaces
    by this summer. they sell ridiculously quickly now, and i can imagine them still selling like hotcakes at $7.

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by waldohurtz
    ?? the light-up roses are only $7, not $20. also, i've heard from the higher ups at odv that they will definitely raise the price of the flash necklaces
    by this summer. they sell ridiculously quickly now, and i can imagine them still selling like hotcakes at $7.
    That's what I get for asking somebody in line, this teenager had a rose and told me it was $20 oh well.....

• șoș Tom șoș

I guess it doesn't bother me that much, reminds me of the fair growing up when people bought glow sticks or those necklaces, except these blink.

I suppose the biggest reason I don't mind is I haven't been staying that often after dark and when I do I don't have time to ride rides while I campout for the fireworks, so I don't have experiance of flashy things go bump in the night.

• Animatronic

It's all part of an evil plan by ODV to ruin the park experience. First it was blocking the walk ways and ruining the themes, then it was making the guests so fat they break the rides, now it's giving kids whack sticks, and teenagers flashy things to further degrade the park experience.

Next they'll be selling cigars and gum. There is no stopping them until the park is ruined, or all the guests are donkeys, which might actually be their plan.

• It's a dead man's party!

Yeah, this guy was having a rave in front of me on POTC a few weeks ago. I swear, I thought I heard techno music playing with the POTC lyrics. The first drop was totally illuminated by said raver.

The necklaces are completely annoying.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

I Hate those damn necklaces with a passion they ruin my day and i feel like im gonna pass out everytime i see them or have some sort of sesuire i think they are a health hazerd to those epileptic ok im done
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Last night we saw a guy with a light up Little Green Man stuck on his shirt! He had a Tink one as well (I didn't see it) and his friend had one as well. SO cool looking!!! But, then again, we were on the street and not in a ride
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Where do you get those, anyway? Are they available at those carts? Do they last one night or several? Both the Tink and Green Men guys are amazing from afar. I'm not sure how they look really close up...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Last night we saw a guy with a light up Little Green Man stuck on his shirt! He had a Tink one as well (I didn't see it) and his friend had one as well. SO cool looking!!! But, then again, we were on the street and not in a ride

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    The original toy riffles they sold (on-theme) in Frontierland were real wood and shot a cork ball when powered by a cap. They either did not sell the caps, or the child was afraid to lose his cork ammo, as I, nor anyone else I saw, ever used the guns in the park. Of course, I don't remember my parents letting me have it until I got home. It was pretty neat and I wish they still sold them.
    Still have mine on hanging on the wall, also have the wooden pistol from POTC. It did not have caps sold with it just the cork. Loved the way the smoke rose from the barrel.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDLand
    That's true!
    This from the mom of a 7 yr old just who bought one of those ($5 dollars by the way). She wanted a light-up rose but when we found out those were $20 she scaled down to the cheapy necklace LOL.

But I DID make her turn it off in rides and even in lines, and fortunately she did not like any of the annoying "patterns", just the steady light. After a while, she put it in the bag because she didn't want to waste the batteries (I don't know why she's really thrifty that way but she is) and now it's hanging on her bed post.
    Wow, you must be one of the few parents that are curteous to other park goers. Last time I went on HMH there was a kid right in front of me with the flashing necklace on. Totally ruined the experience of the ride for me. I don't mind them in the park as long as people know when it's a good time to turn them on or off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast