Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is going on with the Mickey Mouse pancakes???

So every Saturday at our house we make Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes our kids love it, cute tradition. So since we planned our trip to Disneyland for over a year everything was talked up to the kids. We were so excited to go eat our Mickey Mouse pacakes in Disneyland! Even Grandma was talking about how she took me and my sister to eat them when we were little. So we get there each of us lifted one of the girls up so they could see. Everyone is all ready, and then the lady reaches under the counter and pulls out an already made Mickey pancake???? um what??

That kind of took the wind right out of our sails. But the worst part was when we sat down to eat the thing was so cold it would not even melt the butter. So I took it back and told them it was cold, they did make me a new one on the grill. But at this point the kids were sitting at the table and missed it. But, while they were making mine on the griddle they did continue to hand out the pre-made Mickeys to the other guests.

Come on people is it that hard to make a pancake???
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• no flash photography...

Re: What is going on with the Mickey Mouse pancakes???

hmmm...I never get the mickey ones, but the regular round pancakes have always been hot when I get them.

i'm not sure, but my guess is part of it is staffing problems and crowd volume. with the whole 50th we all noe crowds are up. to better move the lines and the masses through, they premake a lot of their food now. sad, but they want to keep the lines down
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

While it is very cool to watch them make Mickey shaped pancakes (I want one of those quick action pancake mix dispensers now!), the reality is that you either get pre-made or wait forever. Especially if you go there on a Saturday morning as I did (the only day out of 4 that I bothered to eat breakfast IN the park).

Still cold isn't all that acceptable. I'm not sure what the solution is, but unfortunately people are just going to miss out at times. Sad, but true.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

When we were there crowds was not a problem. This was on a Thursday in Feb. There was no line, at all. We were out on the patio and there was only 2 other tables being used. I really do not know why on a day like that they would premake pancakes. The cast members were just standing around waiting for an order.
    All I can think is that maybe they pre-made them thinking there was going to be a crowd. But at some point they sould have looked around, noticed there was no crowd, and made them fresh.
    I think what got me the most was that after I pointed out how cold they were they than handed a pre-made one to the next family. Maybe they did not want to waste what was already made.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That is so sad. The last day of my Disneyland vacation, last year, I ate at Riverbelle Terrace. I watched them make the Mickey Pancakes. It was really cool. It is a treasured memory from my Disneyland Anniversary Vacation.

It got so bad I just stopped eating at that place. There was a string of 4 BAD meals there that just put that place to bed for me.

But I feel your pain - it sucks to get the kids all worked up only to be greeted by cheapness and bad service.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

It's actually a normal thing at Riverbelle. I used to work there 10 years ago and sometimes if it's really busy, we'd make extras and keep them under the grill... otherwise the line would move even slower then it already does. This isn't necessary on regular or slower days, obviously. I never really liked having them make extras... but if the grill cook was on the ball, I'd never get a cold one.

Has nothing to do with staffing or whatever... it's a matter of not having the Guests wait in an hour line to get their food.

Now if it's cold (which if the grill cook was on the ball, it would never be) you can always ask for a new one. There shouldn't be any need to have "extras" made up unless the grill is constantly full of product... which means that you can watch other pancakes being made. Sounds like in your instance, whoever was the grill cook that day was being lazy.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Winter in Oceanside...

Cold food: that has always been one of our complaints at River Belle. Cold pancakes, cold eggs, cold bacon, cold potatoes.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast

Now if it's cold (which if the grill cook was on the ball, it would never be) you can always ask for a new one. There shouldn't be any need to have "extras" made up unless the grill is constantly full of product... which means that you can watch other pancakes being made. Sounds like in your instance, whoever was the grill cook that day was being lazy.

Sadly, this one looked a whole lot better than it tasted. It was cold. And Riverbelle, while overtaken by a band of hungry birthday MiceChatters, was hardly what I would call rushed at the time I got it. As a longtime former foods CM, I know better...and I'll say it again, that the price and quality of food in general at both DL and DCA is something that needs to be addressed by the new hierarchy.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

next time go for the mickey waffles at carnation cafe.

yumm

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara
    next time go for the mickey waffles at carnation cafe.

yumm
    I agree. I prefer the sit down table service there over the crowded buffiteria style of the river belle.

• Rainicorn.

Why is it everyone has bad food experiences and I've never had one? Every single time I've eaten at the RBT my food is delicious... I guess I should consider myself lucky!

Hopefully, it'll get better. Aren't they doing a refurb of this place?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Then again, a cold Mickey pancake is better than going the entire year without food. You know, in those countries not lucky enough to be blessed with a Disney Theme Park that have to worry about stuff like poverty and war and junk.

(BTW, love your avatar, robotpirates. Is it just me, or does that Wilburys cover just get lodged in your head?)
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• It's a dead man's party!

Where do you get said Mickey pancakes?

Pretty sad. I've been to DL all my life and I don't know where to get these. -__-
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast