Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Why so crowded 02/25/06?

DL and DCA were absolutely packed today...Anyone wanna tell me why?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Re: Why so crowded 02/25/06?

Here we go again...

...go ahead people...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Seems like I've read about 15-20 posts here in MC today alone about people headed to the park for the day...AP's in hand....

The Annual Pass, and I'm presuming overall population and popularity growth, are leading to crowded conditions at the DLR virtually year-round...it ain't gonna change...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Where's Push?

Cheerleading competitions.. They were all over California Adventure tonight when I was there for a few hours. I saw a few of them carrying their big trophies around. I couldn't believe California Screamin' had a wait time of 70 minutes!! WOW!
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Lowering Expectations

Why so crowded? Why wouldn't it be? It's a Saturday. Saturday is always the most busy day of the week; it was like that before the 50th, and now with the resort "kicking into high gear," as they say (a tagline I don't care for much, incidentally) it spells for crowds even on the offseason. As we've seen.

Ooh, noo, it ain't gonna change.. nuu uhh...

Do you guys think it will be that packed tomorrow? Hopefully the cheerleaders will have left by then

• Just Me

We noticed it too SG.

We got to the park around 8:10 this morning. It took us a good 20 mins just waiting for the tram. We were able to walk on Space Mtn and Buzz. I was ready to sit for a min and the rest went to go on Autopia. About the time I realized there weren't any cars going by I was yelled at from the Matterhorn line and it was also a walk on. By the time we got off the line was beginning to get long. They went on Tea Cups and Alice. Story Bookland had a good 25 min wait. After that the park got very crowded. It was only around 10ish.

I overheard quite a few people talking and they said the signs leading to the park said that the Magic Kingdom was extremly busy.

We left around 12:30 to head for RFC for our lunch resies.

After lunch we headed for DCA. The line was only to the letters, but it was very hard to find an available locker. Even strollers were hard to come by. By then I was pretty much done. My group went on GRR and I found a nice bench in front of Burrbank and people watched. I sat there for over an hour and finally got to see BPB. It was so good!! Those CMs work their butts off and really put on one heck of a show! There was the cutest little girl (around 3) who had on a Snow White costume. All of the CMs had to talk to her!! At the end, when they toss the little balls out, they tried to toss one to her, even said it was for her, but they over threw and the people next to her kept it. Luckily she didn't realize what had happened, but I was sort of shocked.

The line for MI was over an hour at 7:30ish and the kiddies (and adults) were totally worn out, so it was off to home.

I couldn't believe how many people there were. I am used to going on Saturdays, and have never seen it as bad as our last 2 visits (we didn't have APs in 2005).

• Just Me

The cheerleaders still have some comps as late as 7:30 tomorrow night.

• Lowering Expectations

Freakin' cheerleaders... what're they good for anyway? :P

• It's a dead man's party!

^ They roam this Earth to annoy us.

And yes, the park was crowded this weekend. I was at both parks last night and both (particularly, DCA) were packed. Girls were walking around with rollers in their hair and, now that you mention cheerleaders, a lot were wearing cheerleading t-shirts. AHHH!!!

I saw a few cars on the freeway too that said "Disneyland or BUST! [insert Cheerleading team name here] RULE!!!"
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

600,000 Annual Passholders + Rain last weekend + Cheerleading convention this weekend + 2Fer1 tickets marketed like crazy + Saturday = A very crowded Disneyland

It seems like simple math to me. I'm surprised people are still surprised that Disneyland is a popular place to be.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

My money's on the cheerleaders, not the AP's. Both socal ap's are blocked out on Saturdays. That leaves Deluxe and Premium, and both of those together are still...what? Less than a third of the socals. (Darkbeer has this somewhere...)

CHEERLEADERS, on the other hand, come from all over the country and they bring their mommies and daddies and little brothers and grandma's...etc. etc...and they PACK THE PLACE OUT! I think much of the overcrowding during the "off" season may be attributed to the Anaheim Convention Center and surrounding hotels. What would Saturday have been like before DCA was put in to absorb the overflow?

Has anyone been to the park today (Sunday 2/26)? Is it still really crowded?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    My money's on the cheerleaders, not the AP's. Both socal ap's are blocked out on Saturdays. That leaves Deluxe and Premium, and both of those together are still...what? Less than a third of the socals. (Darkbeer has this somewhere...)

CHEERLEADERS, on the other hand, come from all over the country and they bring their mommies and daddies and little brothers and grandma's...etc. etc...and they PACK THE PLACE OUT! I think much of the overcrowding during the "off" season may be attributed to the Anaheim Convention Center and surrounding hotels. What would Saturday have been like before DCA was put in to absorb the overflow?
    I think it was most definitely cheerleaders, it was not an AP-like crowd from the little that I saw. No one is surprised that Disneyland is a popular place to be. I was surprised at just how large the number of cheerleaders and cheer families that were involved in the whole thing, on top of being appalled at 8 y/o girls all done up like cheerleaders.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    It seems like simple math to me. I'm surprised people are still surprised that Disneyland is a popular place to be.
    Not surprised that DL is popular, we can't be the only ones who love it so...Just wondering why a non holiday weekend in what would normally be considered the off season was so jam packed. And not complaining, either, just wondering. That is all.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast