View Poll Results: how do you feel about the food at Disneyland

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atrocious! Look at the prices and Quality!

24 34.78%
  • I love it, this food takes me to wonderland!

6 8.70%
  • There are plenty of good options.

15 21.74%
  • Its okay for now, but I am worried.

13 18.84%
  • I fight to get good deals and decent food.

8 11.59%
  • I prefer a hand stamp and the outside options.

3 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Silly Bird?

new hunger movement for Disneyland foods

our initial poll. how do you feel about the food at Disneyland?
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: new hunger movement for Disneyland foods

Hello Mission -

As I've stated before elsewhere, I believe this should be of major concern to DLR management.

While I really am reluctant to say that the food is atrocious, that's what I voted for, given the quality and the outrageous prices.

Disney's prices always have been outrageous - and I can say this having been a foods CM for eight years, knowing the quality of the food itself.

But I really do believe that even that quality has gone way downhill in recent years. You'll hear from people who rave about Monte Christos at the BB, and Dole Whips and churros and such, but in my opinion there are fewer decent restaurants in the park than there used to be, and if you're in the Park for 12 hours you'll need a good-sized bankroll if you want to eat anything besides junk food.

For the price, you're better off to get that handstamp and head over to the RainForest Cafe.

Again, this is something the new regime needs to address, and soon.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• It's a dead man's party!

I usually don't eat anywhere else other than Plaza Inn. BB once and a while. Or I get a turkey leg and chips.

Or better yet, I eat before going to DL.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Hiding from the Sheeple

We, as one large group, should assist in obtaining Mary Niven (
    Disneyland's VP of Food and Beverage) a promotion to run the cafeteria at GAP corporate. She belongs with Paul and Cynthia and will have a whole new group of shareholders to screw over.

• Resident DL'er

For the price, based on my experience: atrocious! (overall)

• Animatronic

I'm less concerned with price and more concerned with finding something that won't make me sick like the churros seem to. Dole Whips and Skewers work for me, but I understand the Bengal BBQ is soon to pass into Yesterland.

Ideally all food should be themed to the land and there should always be a healthy choice. This would at least force some variety and enhance the park experience.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Voted "I fight to get good deals and decent food." I don't really care too much about food quality, since I'm an acolyte of fast food chain restaurants, but I hate being dinged for more than usual for the inconvenience of being at Disney and hungry at the same time.

• Sock Puppet

I don't really care too much about the cost of food these days. But the quality is absolute crap almost anywhere you go inside of the park.

It's bland cafeteria food all around.

That's IF you can find a restaurant that's open at dinner time.

• no flash photography...

I feel it's OK. It's a theme/amusement park. I'm not expecting 5 star quality. I expect high prices in tourist type destinations. Every theme/amusement park I've been to has had high prices. I normally eat at the fench market, pizza port, or the blue bayou. Most of the time we choose DTD though....only because the blue bayou isn't the greatest and it gets old and we perfer sit down service dining.

• Just Me

There are just not enough food options. DCA is espcially bad. The few restaraunts that they have are horrid. The lines are incredibally long, and on a busy day it is impossible to find some place to sit and eat. Last night was really bad.

• Banned User

wow looking at the menues of some of these " fine dining places " the food looks like crap! I do not like fish, and or weird junk like mushrooms. I see the food pictures, but frankly they do not look apitizing! And the price for a sit down dinner, please, what a joke!!

• Self service witchdoctor

Atrocious is right. But they do offer fresh fruit and other natural options and compared to most theme parks are pretty good. The issue here is that eating is such an expereince in itself. At Disneyland the potential for making those hours of dining or snacking special are squandered by a lack of imagination. Food is part of the show and always should be thought of as such. the dodgers have a dodger dog. where is the "must have" at disneyland? Dole Whip? That's it? Shoddy show, mates.

The idea of selling Coke in the same packaging you get at the market only invites price comparison. BAD IDEA.

It's sad to say the Carl's Jr. six dollar burger is a actually six dollars at disneyland and served very dry with a twist.

• Hooterville, USA

You're better off heading down Harbor Blvd and finding a burger place. You could take a cab and it would still be cheaper!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Cast Member

LOL...I think I remember her. The VP of food and beverage doesn't really know what's going on. She was rather mean when we all had a lead meeting(for all of DLR) for "development" over at TDA auditorium last year. I think it was about the meeting for "presenteeism."

At the open forum portion when various leads went and complained how we didn't have enough CMs and management didn't care about what was going on, some of the execs there were saying "it's was their fault and they were responsible for most of the things in the past." She was in the back of the auditorium not making much of a presence.

But then she was quite active and livid at one point as far as going to the front of the auditorium and addressing issues when a lead was telling her management doesn't staff this, cover that, know how to do this and that, etc. All the things that are true and things that all the leads there agreed with. She was defending management and saying things like we will fix things and we will staff more CMs, all while cutting off of the lead that was trying to explain her point fully.

I thought for a moment she was going to go nuts and start screaming.

If she really knew anything, she wouldn't be all about cost cutting.

Let alone with dealing with CMs on any level.

Bye.

• behind the curtain

I personally love the food in Disneyland, sure it's expensive, but the portions tend to be pretty large (especially at places like Rancho and the Riverbelle) so I usually split a dish with someone else and the overally cost comes out to be more palatable (no pun intended...).
    DCA is another matter entirely. We rarely eat a meal there, there just aren't enough options. The hot dogs at Award Weiners are good, but that's about it. With all the of the work rumored to be in DCA's future, I hope that the foods industry is not forgotten. Get something where Hollywood and Dine used to be, put something in the Lucky Fortune Cookery (preferably not a mockery of Chinese food, like it was).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast