Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Tiki Gods Pleased

I went to see the restored Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland and was really pleased by what has been done. Not only is the show fresh and clean and colorful again (Walt's content unchanged), but the sound is much improved and everything is working for the first time in years. Even better, they freshened up the lanai beautifully, with a new Dole snack bar and a wonderfully designed marquee with tiki torches that allows a nice open view of the Tiki Room. Really lit up the entrance, and best of all... it was totally filled with happy guests again!

What a pleasure after years of watching it crumble...

Thank you, Matt, for having the foresight to realize that, with care, classic Disney never grows old.

I was so filled with the Aloha spirit, that I bought a super-cool Pele Tiki Mug and a Dole Whip in thanks!

(Now if only the Tiki/Juice staff could get back into aloha shirts or mumus! - - especially the hosts - or at the very least put colorful leis on over their khakis! Aloha shirts for all of Adventureland retail wouldn't be a bad thing either.)
    Last edited by merlinjones; 03-26-2005 at 09:17 AM.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    I went to see the restored Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland and was really pleased by what has been done. Not only is the show fresh and clean and colorful again (Walt's content unchanged), but the sound is much improved and everything is working for the first time in years. Even better, they freshened up the lanai beautifully, with a new Dole snack bar and a wonderfully designed marquee with tiki torches that allows a nice open view of the Tiki Room. Really lit up the entrance, and best of all... it was totally filled with happy guests again!

What a pleasure after years of watching it crumble...

Thank you, Matt, for having the foresight to realize that, with care, classic Disney never grows old.
    I still think they need to adjust the sound mix some. the Audio for the finale is so quite and underwhelming. I can barely hear them sing "so long and ma-halo to yoooooou".

Other than that I am in agreement!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Queen of Randomness

I'm glad that it's in such good condition now. It is motivating me to stop in and see the show after several years of just passing it by.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Rat Tat Tat.

Now only if they could staff the juice bar adequately...one person wasn't enough for the crowds at 5:30pm on Friday night for the line inside the lanai and crowding the entrance to Adventureland (yes open past 5!). Its so nice to see them refusing people because so many people are seeing Tiki now...

• Minion

I was very pleased that they had just made the old new again. When We walked in it brought back sooooo many wonderful memories from seeing it as child.

• behind the curtain

I nearly cried at seeing how nicely the Tiki Room had been restored. And of course having a Dole Whip again was one of the highlights of the trip (the new juice bar is gorgeous). I was so pleased with the great refurb job that I bought myself one of those nifty retro glass tiki gods to celebrate the fantastic return of a beloved attraction.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I just saw it, it was really great to see everything so freshly painted and restored. Thank the Tiki Gods that we didnt here Llago or Zazu.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Still lost in Neverland

I went a couple of weekends ago and it had just opened that Firday. What an amazing job of restoring something so neat to the way it looked for so many years. The new Juice Bar is great and I love the Dole Pinnapple Whip/Float. Keeping it open later would seem to me to be a no-brainer. I loved the look of the Lanai Area and what they have done outside is amazing. But it's what has been done inside in such a suble way that at first glance it looks as if nothing has been done. But when the lights come up as the show starts the changes are so evident. Birds in full plumage. Sound where it should be coming from. Things working again. And best of all, no more clacking noises as the flowers and Tiki Gods do thier thing. An amazing rehab that is truly worthy of the upcoming 50th.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreamer
    I was so pleased with the great refurb job that I bought myself one of those nifty retro glass tiki gods to celebrate the fantastic return of a beloved attraction.
    You know, if enough people drop some cash in the nearby Tiki stores, it may actually send a message to the right important people that keeping things in good shape makes it easier to move merch. I know that traditionally the Tiki characters aren't exactly the biggest sellers in Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

The entrance is much more enticing!! The new Adventureland sign is also great as well.
    I think that is why it has filled up so quickly. It was fun to take the WIWFS Tour and see the workings of the flower plants and birds. Very colorful queue!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Rainicorn.

I can't wait to see it in May and July! My feet will need a rest after all of that walkin'!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

I am so excited to see it.
    Gosh you guys, I am going look like such a putz crying my way through Disneyland.
    I am getting so emotional the closer to May 8 I get. the thought of all the new restoration alone is so wonderful.
    My husband just told me today, he wants to go ahead and come down five days July 18. We will just take it easy, and swim alot during the heat of the day. God I love the AP! I just hope I don't become an emotional wreck, and embarress myself totally. My kids will act like they don't know me!

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

I stopped in there for the first time in like 3-4 years. It was marvelous. They only had one seat open in the whole theather.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    I was so filled with the Aloha spirit, that I bought a super-cool Pele Tiki Mug and a Dole Whip in thanks!
    I saw the Pele mugs at disneyana too! They look great...I need to think up an occasion to buy my friend one. I nick-named her Pele because of her hot temper. She totally NEEDS one of those mugs!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Rock Star Minion

So, we should see something positive about Disneyland on savedisney.com?

Hmm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast