Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question umbrellas allowed?

DO they allow unbrellas in DLR? or are you just allowed to wear ponchos?

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: umbrellas allowed?

Yes, I have gone many times and taken an Umbrella with no problems. They even have a special Umbrella with Miche Ears that they sell during rainy weather.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• no flash photography...

yes,...although I wish they would ban those awful ponchos.

• behind the curtain

Umbrella are allowed, but I wouldn't recommend bringing a huge one, as much for the consideration of other guests as your own sanity trying to take it on rides and other places. I love the little umbrellas that compact down to almost nothing, they fit nicely in the pouches provided on rides and aren't a bother to carry around when the rain stops.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    yes,...although I wish they would ban those awful ponchos.
    I would so much rather have ponchos only in the resort than umbrellas. You spend half the time dodging gettng hit in the head with umbrellas. Then you have the families who bring the huge golf umbrellas that take up half the walkway. Ponchos also keep you much drier than an unbrella.

I hate ponchos. the people wearing them track water into everything and the bottoms of their legs are always wet. I tried wearing on once. It was awful. I stay far drier with an umbrella. Also, umbrellas can be shook off before entering buildings and ride cars. I would never bring a huge umbrella to DL. Mine is the small resirt compact kind they sell when it rains. I ahve never had a prblem with getting hit with an umbrella...or a stroller for that matter, but I do pay attention to my surroundings for the most part. A few times I have almost taken out a small child who unexpectedly ran it front of me while they were looking in the opposite direction, but I managed to stop in time....except once, but I grabbed the child before they fell and aplogized profusley to his very understand parents.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I hate ponchos. the people wearing them track water into everything and the bottoms of their legs are always wet. I tried wearing on once. It was awful. I stay far drier with an umbrella. Also, umbrellas can be shook off before entering buildings and ride cars. I would never bring a huge umbrella to DL. Mine is the small resirt compact kind they sell when it rains. I ahve never had a prblem with getting hit with an umbrella...or a stroller for that matter, but I do pay attention to my surroundings for the most part. A few times I have almost taken out a small child who unexpectedly ran it front of me while they were looking in the opposite direction, but I managed to stop in time....except once, but I grabbed the child before they fell and aplogized profusley to his very understand parents.
    well this means you will not need a poncho when I go right LOL! I have packed several in case of rain. I was told at another board not to take umbrella;s so I got the poncho's .Now i better look for an umbrella.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

They even sell umbrella's (that fold compact) at DL. They
    get them out behind most cash registers, as they do with
    ponchos. Because they are behind the register you have
    to ask for them. It's just a matter of preference poncho or umbrella.

Personally, I use an umbrella. when you go inside the umbrella
    is quick to fold up, but ponchos stick to you and I'm not fond
    of plastic hoods ~ blech. Then when you take off ponchos, both
    sides of the poncho get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    well this means you will not need a poncho when I go right LOL! I have packed several in case of rain. I was told at another board not to take umbrella;s so I got the poncho's .Now i better look for an umbrella.
    it's comes down to personal preference. I just see more "damage" being done by poncho wearers than umbrella users. They track water everywhere, but the park doesn't seem to mind, because they still sell them. I just found the poncho to be cumbersome and awkard to wear.

Umbrellas are fine. Bring them, though honestly ponchos and rainjackets work better since you will be going in and out of stores/food places/ and attractions- and umbrellas can get to be a real hassle.
    Umbrellas are also available whenever it rains at any merch location for a reasonable $10 purchase, so not a big loss either way.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• keh!

i've taken my huge umbrella before... but i'm courteous, so to not clash w/ other umbrellas, i just lift mine high up when going through a crowd... they even let you take them on the rides... i held my umbrella the entire time through California Screamin.

• Minion

ORWEN: Are umbrellas allowed at Disneyland? Why, of course!! If they weren't Mary Poppins would have to go look for a new job.

ORGOCH: Hmph! I think Miss Goody Two Shoes oughtta do that, anyways!! Never did like Scary Poppins no ways!! Did ya all know she's a drug pusher--tryin' ta git little kids hooked on dope at a early age--by sprinklin' sugar all over the drugs she peddles?

ORWEN: (sigh) I just wish you'd take YOUR medication, old biddy, and stop spreading false rumors about such a nice person. Mary Poppins wouldn't hurt ANYbody!!

ORGOCH: Oh, yeah?! Just look what happened ta yer OWN dang self. By the looks a yer dress size, ya went 'n had one spoon full a sugar too many!

We used ponchos and umbrellas. We needed both because it was raining a lot. The poncho helped keep off what the umbrella didn't.

• Banned User

I can answer in my talk and english

My talk:
    Of course they allow umbrellas you crazy animal! Did you ever think about brains?!? They would help you know these things!

English:
    Yes, they allow umbrellas.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Oh, just one word of warning:

Don't use umbrella' at night, if it's NOT
    raining during fireworks or Fantasmic
    or the umbrella police will get you!!! :b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast