Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Yeah, one of my third gate ideas has always been Yesterland. But I think Yesterland attractions are only part of it. Rather than recreating the park on the exact same layout and whatnot, break it down into other themes. One area would be extinct attractions. Of course, with today's engineering capabilities, you could build Nature's Wonderland on top of the Submarine show building and take back some creative license in how you present the Yeaterland rides for a new generation. Then you create a land devoted to Yesterland Disney television. Use the Indy ride concept to create a Davy Crocket ride. Put on a Mickey Mouse Club stage show, and have a second little theater, sort of like the Main St. Cinema, where you can go and see actual episodes. Then, no Yesterland is complete without the Imagineer's Drawing Board. Create the Museum of the Weird, the Chinese restaurant from Residential Street, and all sorts of attractions that never made it off the paper.

As for Main St., I think you almost have to go for the Anaheim '55 look. Start evoking the era before guests get to the hub. And then have them pass under a sign much like this:
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

I got a better idea why dont we merge Disneyland with your "Old Disneyland" to create ULTIMATE Disneyland!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    I still love that old classic Disneyland sign.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Capstan
    I would love to see the existing park restored to some of its former glory, especially Tomorrowland, circa 1968. In any case, I like the way you think.

• I was deleted.

Yeah, one of my third gate ideas has always been Yesterland. But I think Yesterland attractions are only part of it. Rather than recreating the park on the exact same layout and whatnot, break it down into other themes. One area would be extinct attractions. Of course, with today's engineering capabilities, you could build Nature's Wonderland on top of the Submarine show building and take back some creative license in how you present the Yeaterland rides for a new generation. Then you create a land devoted to Yesterland Disney television. Use the Indy ride concept to create a Davy Crocket ride. Put on a Mickey Mouse Club stage show, and have a second little theater, sort of like the Main St. Cinema, where you can go and see actual episodes. Then, no Yesterland is complete without the Imagineer's Drawing Board. Create the Museum of the Weird, the Chinese restaurant from Residential Street, and all sorts of attractions that never made it off the paper.

As for Main St., I think you almost have to go for the Anaheim '55 look. Start evoking the era before guests get to the hub. And then have them pass under a sign much like this:
    Ooh!! Yes, Yes!! And Skull Rock and the ship that won't rot!! I want to see it so much. I feel like a Darling kid from Peter Pan wanting to go on Hook's ship. haha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Ooh!! Yes, Yes!! And Skull Rock and the ship that won't rot!! I want to see it so much. I feel like a Darling kid from Peter Pan wanting to go on Hook's ship. haha
    See, the rotting ship... that's why this almost NEEDS to happen, in some way shape or form. Disney, and technology, have both advanced so far in 50 years. Flying Saucers could easily work if recreated today. The Subs could be recreated using new rust-resistant materials, AudioAnimatronics, show scenes that each have dry-dock capabilities so the whole lagoon doesn't have to be drained to do simple maintenance... So many rides didn't die because they weren't good, they died because they were built before their times. So, why not rebuild them, now that the time is here?

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Down Pluto!

See, the rotting ship... that's why this almost NEEDS to happen, in some way shape or form. Disney, and technology, have both advanced so far in 50 years. Flying Saucers could easily work if recreated today. The Subs could be recreated using new rust-resistant materials, AudioAnimatronics, show scenes that each have dry-dock capabilities so the whole lagoon doesn't have to be drained to do simple maintenance... So many rides didn't die because they weren't good, they died because they were built before their times. So, why not rebuild them, now that the time is here?
    Because the idea wasn't Eisner's and his ego won't allow it. Look at his legacy - I think it's pretty clear that he despises all that Walt stood for...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    Because the idea wasn't Eisner's and his ego won't allow it. Look at his legacy - I think it's pretty clear that he despises all that Walt stood for...
    Yeah, but his time is almost done, and if Iger hasn't sold his soul to the devil, he has to know that it's bad business to keep alienating the SaveDisney crowd and spreading the schism, amping the polarization, dividing the House of Mouse against itself until it cannot stand.

-- Walt Disney

• Down Pluto!

The Wicked Witch is melting and the Winged Monkey is taking over.

Do not expect change under Iger. He's a status quo, get along kind of guy. Which may be good for mending some fences (Pixar) but it is not a good long-term strategy. The Board fumbled the ball to buy some time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12