Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

The Old Disneyland, Thoughts?

Hey, about 2 years ago I came up with an idea for a new theme park for the DL Resort call The Old Disneyland! I'm going to tell you all about it and then tell me what you think of it.

First things first, to build this theme park, they would need to buy some land (across the street if possible) then tear everything down. Then they could build this marvel.

The Park Details

Old Main Street
    Ok, the park will be almost exactly shaped like Disneyland Park. It will have a Main St. USA, with all the old shops (like the cadle shop for instance)! Where the Emporium at Disneyland is, The Old Disneyland will have The Old Disneyland Store, selling reprints of old poster maps, old postcards, old guide books, and even ticket books from different years!

Old Adventureland
    In the area that looks like Adventureland, there will be The Swiss Family Treehouse and The Jungle Cruise (Old Style).

Old New Orleans Square
    The origanal style New Orleans Square will be here (sadly, no rides)

The Old Critter Country
    It will be none other then...BEAR COUNTRY!!! It will include the Country Bear Playhouse (or Jamboree, undecided).

The Old Frontierland
    Here, the Mike Fink Keel Boats will once again exist, but the main attraction here is Mine Train Through Natures wonderland! The Pack Mules will also be here.

The Old Fantasyland
    Now carnival style again, Fantasyland will include the Old Mickey Mouse Club Theater, Captin Hooks Pirate Ship (with restraunt and skull rock off to the side), the Old Matterhorn (pre-1978 style), and the Skyway.

The Old Tomorrowland
    Many favorites here! Submarine Voyage, Alweg Monorail, Rocket to the Moon, Mission to Mars (same replica building as Rocket to the Moon, next to it's building),Carousal of progress, America Sings (same story as RTTM and MTM),
    Adventure Through Inner Space, Astro Jets, and the PeopleMover!

Ok, time for you to tell your thoughts on my idea!
    Last edited by Disneyland Lover; 03-26-2005 at 11:07 AM.

• Sock Puppet

If you are viwing this, please tell me your thoughts about The OLd Disneyland!

Please, Please, Please

• That's Hawt

Well .... I don't personally think it would be worth it for Disney Co. to invest the millions upon millions that it would take to construct this park. Seems pointless to me when you have the real thing right across the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

What about including the Old Indian Village? Maybe, next to Critter Country?

And can you put in the skyway from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland? That'd be great too.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Greetings, Program!

I'd go. Hell, I'd buy an AP and go just to see Skull Rock at night again.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I like the old frontierland, I think it was better than it is today. Im not the biggest fan of that land in it's state right now.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Friend of Mickeys

I think the most we could ever hope for would be like a "Historyland" type area but probably not a whole park.
    Friend of Mickey

So wait, you are suggesting to completely replicate Disneyland... just.. with some old rides that have been replaced? :confused:

what, a museum Disneyland? No thanks.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• now on the mainland

Ideally, I like it. I too have wondered about the prospects of a theme park bringing back the old attractions. It makes me sad to think I will never again see the TRON tunnel, or the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, or even Captain EO.
    Practically however, I just don't think it can happen. I'm more optimistic about time travel becoming a reality just so I can go back to DL's prime from the 60's-80's.
    But hey, we can dream and wish, and if it did happen, I'd be just as excited you seem to be about the idea.

• Down Pluto!

I'd visit...

• Minion

I've had the same idea myself, although I'm not sure it would make much sense to duplicate Main Street and the complete basic layout of Disneyland as it is, rather just that the older discontinued attractions have a place where they get to live forever.

It'd have to be pretty big, though. You'd need at least an area as big as Disneyland is now to contain all the attractions that have been discontinued over the years.

But I think it would be wonderful to have a place where not only both Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars exist in their timelessly outdated glory, but the Skyway, PeopleMover, CircleVision, Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, Adventure Thru Inner Space, the Monsanto House of Tomorrow, and the Country Bear Jamboree entertain us forever. Considering the originals are long gone, it would make extra sense now, because they could be made new but just look like they originally did (Disney virtually invented the concept of taking new things and making them look old). I think it'd rock.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think they are doing it now.. it's called Hong Kong Disneyland.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Hey, that's not Rose!

I dunno about the "no rides" idea. Rides are pretty much the thrill of any park. When Disneyland opened it had what, like 15 rides? My ideal DL would be the one I visited as a child, where you didn't have to wait in line to see Mickey and the park stayed open until 1 am and had no lines!!! On a different note, who's with me on a "daily stroller limit!!!" I dunno about ya'll but I am tired of having my feet run over.......

• Vehicle rotating backward

I suggested this idea myself elsewhere on this board, but thought that simply copying and making retro versions of all the lands wasn't really that smooth, especially since there's some lands that just haven't changed much over the years. My idea was to have seperate regions dedicated to various ideas and periods Walt was a fan of (i.e. a region for nature and jungle and exploration that isn't Adventureland or Frontierland, a region all about science that isn't Tomorrowland. A section to animation in general that isn't Fantasyland.)

Also, not that many people are really interested in looking at a 30-some year old theme park ride just for the reason that it's 30 years old. Thus, my idea was to recreate the whole ride experience with the technology used today. I know a bunch of people who want to see Adventures Through Inner-Space again, but know it'd be hideously old looking if it was recreated from what it was.

Also, before Bear Country, that area had an Indian Village theme, as it was just down the river from the cowboys of Frontierland. However, that area wasn't really that entertaining by all accounts.

And there's no point in recreating the Matterhorn with nothing but support scaffolding and utility cables hanging around inside. That thing was an ugly mutha' on the inside until they finally found the money to theme it up. However, it's probably how Eisner would have made it if he built the ride today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast