Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Submarine Voyage...

The Submarine Voyage was in Tomorrowland. It opened in 1959 and closed in 1998.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Submarine Voyage...

Great ride and I hope the Finding Nemo overlay just maked it all the better. This was a well done attraction and deserved better treatment from Pressler and Company.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    Great ride and I hope the Finding Nemo overlay just maked it all the better. This was a well done attraction and deserved better treatment from Pressler and Company.
    I believe the Submarine Voyage was a great ride, and its shut down was the worst thing that ever happenedn to Disneyland (not just that, but the '98 Tomorrowland incedent).

Let's discuss bringing it back along with other extinct Disneyland attractions in the following thread: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18762

How sad is it that I love this ride and have never been on it?

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    This really was / is a one of a kind ride. It was really the only dark ride which was underwater! There was nothing else like it other than at other Disney Parks.

• ...TWO BITS!

Wasn't there a submarine ride at the Mall of America or some "biggest mall in America" shopping center??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland's#1fan!
    The Submarine Voyage was in Tomorrowland. It opened in 1959 and closed in 1998.
    What did it do in-between?
    Tref ...

I think that was Edmonton Mall that had a sub type attraction, and I don't it was the same, but maybe a walkthrough...Mall of America has a Camp Snoopy I believe,

• Banned User

I'm scared to death of that ride. I never had the opportunity to ride it. I've seen videos of the ride. I have a huge fear of being under water like that, at least huge open water. I'm a surfer, I don't get it either.

• For You!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Wasn't there a submarine ride at the Mall of America or some "biggest mall in America" shopping center??
    Yes, there is a submarine ride at the Edmonton Mall - what a joke! It was so expensive, and when we went the lines were hours long.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Ahh, I miss the submarines so much, I guess will just have to wait about one more year.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The sub ride at Edmontons West End Mall were real subs in the sense that there was no track. I think they are gone now but I may be mistaken.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Official Mice Chat person

I think they are gone now too.. I watched a thing about them on Discovery Channel. The designers talked about how they were so superior to Disney's version... HAH. Just because the fish were real... Where's the fun in that?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    I think that was Edmonton Mall that had a sub type attraction, and I don't it was the same, but maybe a walkthrough...Mall of America has a Camp Snoopy I believe,
    Both those malls have a camp snoopy, but more on topic:

It was the Edmonton mall that had the Submarine Ride, or rather has. I believe it is still there. Even though, there is no way I can compare it to the Submarine Voyage at Disneyland, because I have never been to Cannada, let alone the West Edmonton Mall (the largest mall in the world!).

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

It was my strongest memory from my 1987 visit (unless someone told me I never went on it, then my memory is completely stuffed).

As an 8 year-old, it was the coolest thing the world had ever produced. I was underwater! IN Disneyland! A very disappointed 26 year old learned they were no longer there last year, so I spent the entire trip in the bath tub trying to recreate the sensation.

Actually, the return of the subs next year is the entire reason California is back on the itinerary for 2008. It is pricey to get from here to there, and WDW would probably serve me well. But it is my dream to return to an enchanted kingdom under the sea (hmm...A Little Mermaid theme could have been good too...) and I can't wait to check it out. As a result, 2008 will be the Loomis Year of Disney Madness simply so I can cram myself into a claustrophobic atmosphere.

Most. Exciting. New. Ride. Ever.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast