Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: Big changes coming to the Haunted Mansion...

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Hey...the Pirate Captain was iconic...and look what happened to him! Mark my words: Haunted mansion II will come out with Nelly, Eminem, and Kanyae West as the Hitch Hiking Ghosts, and the three "old" ghosts are toast!
    Perhaps, but not on the same level. You don't see the pirate captain on every single piece of PotC merchandise, after all. And as for replacing them with rappers... you're just being alarmist and silly. There's absolutely no foundation for that sort of update. I call straw man on that one.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsix
    I guess this means No "hatbox ghost". Maybe....I really wanted to see that.
    Unless the bride keeps the severed heads of her husbands in the hatbox!

I'm really excited about these changes! I'm glad a lot of people in here are happy about them as well... honestly, a very small percentage of people know about the Master Gracey plotline, and the rest of the people who visit DLR see it as a regular haunted house. I'm glad it will now be more engrossing!

I'll just have to start calling it "Haunted Mansion 2: So I Married An Axe Murderer!"
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Some interesting ideas. I hope they're not too gruesome... the Mansion is pretty terrifying to some kids already, and I'm sure these changes won't deter parents from forcing their sobbing children onto the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I'll just have to start calling it "Haunted Mansion 2: So I Married An Axe Murderer!"
    Woman. Woah, man. Wooaaaah, man.

Sounds about right to me...

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Woman. Woah, man. Wooaaaah, man.
    Harriet! Sweet Harriet!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    (I can just see them trying to stick Snoop Dogg in my Doom Buggy...)
    Hee, I'd love this, I have some unnatural crush on him.

I'm so amazed, Page 2 already and most everyone is actually thinking this can be a good thing. It's very refreshingly surprising!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Perhaps, but not on the same level. You don't see the pirate captain on every single piece of PotC merchandise, after all.
    If one wonders what the "iconic" character of the classic attractions is, look at the merchandise from the 50th retro line, the dog with the keys in his mouth is the character they chose to symbolize PotC. The hitchhiking ghost for the Mansion, Harold for Matterhorn, etc.

I would equate the captain to the old caretaker at the start of the graveyard scene.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    If one wonders what the "iconic" character of the classic attractions is, look at the merchandise from the 50th retro line, the dog with the keys in his mouth is the character they chose to symbolize PotC. The hitchhiking ghost for the Mansion, Harold for Matterhorn, etc.

I would equate the captain to the old caretaker at the start of the graveyard scene.
    I would say that the skull and crossbones that gives the safety spiel (which is pretty much what it is, really) before the first drop is probably the most iconic character. At least, it's the first thing that came to mind for me. But the dog also makes you immediately think of the ride.

• oh bugger

Seems to me that you won't get the same negative reaction over this as with POTC because of the lack of story within HM. People seem fine to add some 'plusses' to the ride and bring in new technology and add to the story. I think appealing to the 99% of the public is what Disney is supposed to do, knowing your audience is commandment #1 right?

It seems with POTC the story is so well laid out that people don't want it altered, they like their attraction the way Walt left it. Disney doesn't have to cater to this crowd, the 1% of die-hards, we'll love Disneyland through good times and bad and a new generation will come to love whatever new story the mansion gets and whatever additions POTC gets.

Giving a new story to the mansion makes me wonder why not just make the old one more obvious... but I'm anxious to see what they do, and prefer them adding new paint to the exterior and adding in new technology to the years of neglect inside and out that the mansion and so much of the park received.

• șoș Tom șoș

Haunted Mansion will also timley be renamed to:

"So I Married an Ax Murder" with the voice of Mike Myers as the narrator, spewing bitnick(sp?) poetry about ghosts.

In place of the animatronic shaking grave digger guy with lantern, it will be replaced with the Scottish father from the movie and will have the interactive quality of the secretary from Mike and Scully's Rescue. He will yell at guests and say things like:

"Look at his head, its freaking huge!" and "Its looks like a potato on a toothpick" and "If its not a Scottish ghosts....its crappppp"

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    bitnick(sp?)
    beatnik

In place of the animatronic shaking grave digger guy with lantern, it will be replaced with the Scottish father from the movie and will have the interactive quality of the secretary from Mike and Scully's Rescue. He will yell at guests and say things like:

"Look at his head, its freaking huge!" and "Its looks like a potato on a toothpick" and "If its not a Scottish ghosts....its crappppp"
    Maybe the other Mike Myers favorite, Fat *******... "Get into my belly!!"
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Seems to me that you won't get the same negative reaction over this as with POTC because of the lack of story within HM. People seem fine to add some 'plusses' to the ride and bring in new technology and add to the story. I think appealing to the 99% of the public is what Disney is supposed to do, knowing your audience is commandment #1 right?

It seems with POTC the story is so well laid out that people don't want it altered, they like their attraction the way Walt left it. Disney doesn't have to cater to this crowd, the 1% of die-hards, we'll love Disneyland through good times and bad and a new generation will come to love whatever new story the mansion gets and whatever additions POTC gets.

Giving a new story to the mansion makes me wonder why not just make the old one more obvious... but I'm anxious to see what they do, and prefer them adding new paint to the exterior and adding in new technology to the years of neglect inside and out that the mansion and so much of the park received.
    ok, seriously, what is this well laid out story of PotC? Pirates rampaging through the town looking for treasure? I've seen people talk about the easy to follow story of PotC before and to me it's no different than the Mansion in terms of no story. Maybe I'm just really slow, but to me in it's current state there isn't a well known story to PotC.

As for the story that the Mansion had previously, I agree with what someone else previously wrote that there was never really a true official storyline, the Master Gracey theme was never known to the general population.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Maybe the other Mike Myers favorite, Fat *******... "Get into my belly!!"
    He wasn't in the ax-murder movie...sowee!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

He wasn't in the ax-murder movie...sowee!
    Uh, the ax-murder movie wasn't about the HM either, sowee.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    ok, seriously, what is this well laid out story of PotC? Pirates rampaging through the town looking for treasure? I've seen people talk about the easy to follow story of PotC before and to me it's no different than the Mansion in terms of no story. Maybe I'm just really slow, but to me in it's current state there isn't a well known story to PotC.

As for the story that the Mansion had previously, I agree with what someone else previously wrote that there was never really a true official storyline, the Master Gracey theme was never known to the general population.
    Seriously. I just talked to my mom this morning, and I mentioned that Pirates was getting its storyline changed. Her response: "That ride has a plot?" And it's her favorite ride, too. The only real story I've heard about Pirates is the one that ties it in with HM, and even then, it's just, "And Pirates of the Caribbean is about Master Gracey's adventures."

I can't wait to see these changes. Why can't it be next weekend already?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast