• The one, the only...

Was 2fer a mistake this year?

With all the crowded conditions at both parks, was 2fer a mistake to repeat this year?

We all know that since the 50th celebration began attendance at Disneyland was through the roof. Also we know that for the first time in months CM's were breathing a sigh of relief. Now with massive crowds that jamming both parks, a shortage of CM's, an impending work stoppage, and lower revenue from ticket sales, I just cannot see how the 2fer offer is a success.

I know that they want to bring people to DCA (or bring them back) to show off the changes there, but giving people a bad experience at DCA will not help.

What do you think?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• no flash photography...

Re: Was 2fer a mistake this year?

IMO...the 2fer is a mistake every year. not so much because of the crowds, but the types of people it draws in.....

• Lowering Expectations

I hold the view that discounts like the 2fer cheapen the Disney experience.

Now I like saving a buck just like the next smart customer. Yet I agree that just now, the Resort really doesn't need promotions to get people in. The parks are in high gear as they are; nobody needed to "kick" to get things kicking.

And by types of people, you can't possibly mean cheerleaders, do you?
    jk

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR

And by types of people, you can't possibly mean cheerleaders, do you?
    jk
    no...LOL...I was thinking more of shaved heads with gothic tatoos on the back of there necks resembling gang writitng, baggy jeans and a-shirts...and the same gothic style writing down the arm....cute kid, but dressed like the proud father minus the tattoos and the mother looked really rough as well....kind of like what I normallt see at six flags or knotts..

• The one, the only...

I am not surprised at the reports on other threads that 31,000 people were at DCA on one day!

Just think about it. If you have 60,000 people go to Disneyland and get a 2fer, then within 30 days most will come back to DCA. But DCA cannot handle 60,000 people. So they are hoping the only half come back. That is capacity for DCA. If you add in any out-of-state visitors, then DCA is MORE crowded than DL for the rest of the offer period. In fact, as we get closer to the cut off date, people will wait until the last minute to use their free ticket. It will only get even MORE jammed.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

yes...and DO NOT got eh alst weekend of the 2fer...I made that mistake once....

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

But how about the current VISITOR specials...

Adults at the Kids Price (3 day or more ParkHoppers)

OR

The Kids Free with Adult Ticket Purchase (Normal Advance Purchase discounted price)...

Yes, the 2fer and the 2 Day PH for the price of one SoCal specials are helping... but the Out of Town specials are also having a major effect, especially since they are being teamed up with discounts for Hotels and Airfare....
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 03-01-2006 at 08:21 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

^ like Darkbeer said, you can't blame the crowds solely on the local So Cal market. The marketing for the 50th has been huge all over and has drawn people from around the world for the event. There are a large number of out of region visitors attending the park these days as well as the locals on 2fers.

This was needed to establish the Disneyland Resort as a multiday destination and also give Disney a reason to dedicate capital to develop DCA into a full day park and make the enhancements to all of the attractions throughout the resort.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    ^ like Darkbeer said, you can't blame the crowds solely on the local So Cal market. The marketing for the 50th has been huge all over and has drawn people from around the world for the event. There are a large number of out of region visitors attending the park these days as well as the locals on 2fers.

This was needed to establish the Disneyland Resort as a multiday destination and also give Disney a reason to dedicate capital to develop DCA into a full day park and make the enhancements to all of the attractions throughout the resort.
    And, to keep people from going to other theme parks on the area. I see in the paper this morning that Knott's has dropped its daily prices, though I don't know how many people actually buy them.

Also, I see that SoCal Costco is selling SoCal four-day, one-park tickets for the price of two admissions (50% off), though I think you can use all four at DL, and they don't expire until November (?).

Knott's seems like a good buy for Disney. Disney-ify it up a bit, give it a bit more rustic look, put in parts of WRE, build a monorail to it, etc. Get some space between parks.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• just the beernecessities

The 2fer ends Apr. 28!!!! I hope Sundays are not as insane as last Sat. was! Wish I had known about the cheerleaders competion. Sheesh!! LOL, AP is blocked out for Saturdays starting next weekend which is cool with me. It is nice to see people in DCA though.
    Last edited by HeyBaloo; 03-03-2006 at 04:18 PM.