Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I thought there was a cart by the matterhorn that sold them.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Metal Head

Corn Dogs at the end of Main street.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Who Loves Disneyland?

Wow!!! So many choices!!!

Thanks for all the great ideas!!! Who would have thought Disney would be selling turkey legs to eat!!!!! What about Disney's reservation policy at any of the restaurants? Can you make reservations in advance? If so, how far in advance can you make them? Should I look into making them before I arrive in May? :confused:
    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
    Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007

• Zapp's Minion :D

I think you can make reservations a day before or the day off your visit. Here is the phone#-

Restaurant Reservations
    (714) 781-DINE

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I am not sure about the reservation policy- if you called the park (the phone number is on the website) they could tell you- a week is sufficient I would guess for Napa or Blue Bayou and the Golden Vine, other places won't require a reservation.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Feel the breeze!

You can make reservations at the sit down restaurants is DL, DCA, any of the hotels, and most (all?) of Downtown Disney up to 60 days in advance over the phone.

In person, I was told, reservations can be made up to 3 days in advance.

I would HIGHLY recommend Napa Rose. It is not cheap, ver very delicious and very different tastes. I also had the best service there that I had ever had.

Blue Bayou is also very good, and the atmosphere is definitely very neat.

Any of the Character Diners in the hotels are satisfactory. PCH grill was good, slightly better than Storyteller's Cafe, in my opinion.

Yamabuki was, for lunch, below average for a japanese restaurant.

House of Blues is good, ESPNZone is okay, and Tortilla Joe's...well, it is decent but I have had issues with them bringing me my food while it is still hot.

• Resident Science Nerd

I'm almost certain that Rainforest Cafe only takes reservations for that day. But the food there is quite good, and their menu is HUGE. I was not very impressed by the food I had at Ralph Brenan's Jazz Kitchen last time I ate there. They seem to think burnt is a valid taste option in cajun cooking.

I'm going to have to try the vineyard room, because otherwise I've never had what I consider stellar food at DLR. Edible, sure. But great, no.
    I eat at french market a lot because I like the atmosphere and the food is decent. I used to like the sourdough breadbowls from the window by Pirates, but the last one I had there was like a giant loaf of bread with a 1/4 cup of soup. If memory serves me the sourdough bread bowls on the warf at DCA are better. Oh yeah, and the new menu at Rancho del Vocalo is good.

• Minion

I ate at the vineyard room at DCA for Valentines Day, and if you get their last reservation you get an awesome view of the mainstreet electrical parade. THe French Market has great fried chicken. Also don't miss the apple pie carmel apples, those are the best!!

• wasting time

I like Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney.
    It's not too expensive & the food is good.

• Santa Barbara, CA

DL in park food is overpriced and "industrial"(canned sauces,frozen dinner quality, cafeteria style stuff). It's like dining at the concession counter of a movie theater, captive audience mentaility. As others have noted, the food in the hotels and downtown disney is great and a better value and quality for the money. Dole Whip is an exception.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Canadian Member

I like the chicken dinners and graden salads at the Plaza Inn, plus the A/C'ed interior and old decor is very nice.

At DCA, I liked the Chinese food at the Hollywood & Dine food court, but that was only open the first year. Go to Taste Pilots Grill for big burgers and good onion rings.

And in regards to the Blue Bayou, the setting is like no other, but I've eaten there once and that will probably be it. The dining room is very crowded and the food is pricey yet ho-hum in terms of flavour.

Blue B is best at lunch! Not that expencive compared to most places in the park.

You must avoid All Star Weiner's at DCA.

Also, on Harbor Blvd, there is a Tony Roma, Denys and Mimi's Cafe! And for a quicky, McDonalds.

• Queen of Randomness

I like the Rainforest Cafe. Interesting atmosphere and good food. I also go to the Plaza Inn a lot if I don't want to leave Disneyland to eat.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    I ued to like Catal, but last time the food was dry and the service was bad. I wouldn't recommend it now.
    I must respectfully disagree here... I ate there Sat night (the 26th), and both the food and the service were above reproach. I'll go there again, in a heartbeat. Sitting upstairs on the balcony is a fun atmosphere, while having a private, away from the crowd feel...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Minion

Anyway... The advice on food in DL is always to think of it as part of the experiance you are looking for...

For a quick (mostly inexpensive) bite I recomend: Corn Dog Stands ($5 but they are HUGE), Bengle BBQ (in AL), Biscotti (Most Bakeries), Pretzles,

For something more substancial - Taste Pilots Grill has a Build a Burger Bar... But the ordering is a bit slow so you need to have patence...

Sit Down: Blue Bayou... (If you are looking to save $$ - go for Lunch)

For ambiance: Dine outside there are tables by the Rivers of America that are usually empty tucked behind the McDonald Fries vendor at the entrance to Critter Country... Also Hungry Bear usually is empty, and has nice riverside seating... (Can't recomend the food there...) In DCA getting a bowl at Pacific Wharf and eating it by the reflective pool is much nicer than dining in the Golden Vine Tattoria... There is a LOT of seating and it never is very crowded...

The best and most expensive restaurants are Club 33 (you can't get in it is a private club), Napa Rose (Extensive Wine List with a Chef that knows what they are doing - I just object to $100 a plate menus), The Vineyard Room at DCA...

Most creative food item: PB&J Pizza at Goofy's kitchen...

Places I stay away from: Most Burger Places (Tend to be expensive for what you get... for a few dollars more you can get table service with nicer food...)

----------

I always liked this bit of logic for those of us dieter's:

Popcorn at DL is part of entertainment value...
    Entertainment is Calorie Free...
    Therefore Popcorn at DL has no calories... Eat guilt free!
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast