Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

So, what do you think? (more Pixar-based attractions)

• That's Hawt

I think that the incredibles themed ride could be amazing ... but I really dislike the woody's roundup idea. REALLY REaLLY!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Know More Than You Should

If they take out the CoP I will scream. I don't care where I am at the time, I dont care if I'm in space and no one can hear me, I will scream. The fact that they would destroy yet another classic attaction to put in yet another Pixar ride, and a Buzz Lightyear ride no less... RIGHT NEXT OT A BUZZ LIGHTYEAR RIDE. Disney, get a grip! If only there was enough Matt Ouimet for all of the parks...

• Minion

I am loving those Ideas. The Incredibles ride could be so awsome. and I would love to see something done to that big thunder trail. And since The CoP already lost out to innoventions, I would love to see something in there.

• Down Pluto!

But Please! More attractions NOT based on Animated features. I've been tired of Buzz for several years now...it's getting old folks.

Nemo Submarine overlay - EEK!

Robocoaster? Yuck! Double Yuck if it is themed around the Incredibles.

• Minion

I agree with Sambo, these Pixar-related attractions are really getting to be a bit too much lately (even as proposals), and not only that, but Tomorrowland really should not have any animated character elements in it. Critter Country notwithstanding, animated characters really only belong in Fantasyland or its "suburb", Toontown. I'm already not a big fan of the Buzz attraction taking over the CircleVision building, but I'm biting my tongue and letting it proceed until the public gets tired of it and it gets replaced (I'd have put in an updated higher-tech version of Adventure Thru Inner Space or turned the CircleVision Theater into a 360 simulator ride with various shows like the Highway of Tomorrow, but that's me). Carousel of Progress has been away from Disneyland long enough that it really should come back (America Sings, fun as it was, really didn't quite fit thematically in Tomorrowland, when you think about it), and while I'm not opposed to seeing Buzz or the little green aliens on signs or artwork in Tomorrowland, this overreliance on Pixar characters only exemplifies the problems experienced by WDFA. I mean, Iger is going to really have to tap dance with Steve Jobs and John Lasseter now to get Pixar back in the Disney fold, but even then, Pixar films are NOT Disney films, and depending on them to "save Disneyland" is a gigantic smack in the face of Disney Imagineers and animators, who all have their own ideas and can come up with some really great stuff - if only the front office will LET THEM.

I mean think about it - is it Disneyland, or is it Pixarland?
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    I agree with Sambo, these Pixar-related attractions are really getting to be a bit too much lately (even as proposals), and not only that, but Tomorrowland really should not have any animated character elements in it. Critter Country notwithstanding, animated characters really only belong in Fantasyland or its "suburb", Toontown.

I'm already not a big fan of the Buzz attraction taking over the CircleVision building, but I'm biting my tongue and letting it proceed until the public gets tired of it and it gets replaced (I'd have put in an updated higher-tech version of Adventure Thru Inner Space or turned the CircleVision Theater into a 360 simulator ride with various shows like the Highway of Tomorrow, but that's me).

Carousel of Progress has been away from Disneyland long enough that it really should come back (America Sings, fun as it was, really didn't quite fit thematically in Tomorrowland, when you think about it), and while I'm not opposed to seeing Buzz or the little green aliens on signs or artwork in Tomorrowland, this overreliance on Pixar characters only exemplifies the problems experienced by WDFA.
    I'm going to dissagree, characters will work but it all depends on their presentation (Splash Mountain being a good representation of good presentation and use of characters, then again Splash is also a good example in that it was done for artistic benifit and not for a quick commercial cash in)

characters should only be used of Disney actualy has a new/good/artistic idea for using them and they should be placed in an area that will compliment the theme/feel of the attraction and the attraction should reciprocate such a compliment. creating a character concentration camp would really mess witht he scope of the park and on the same card characters shouldn't be pluged for the sake of plugging

Buzz is an interesting match for Tomorrowland in that I don't mind him as presented as a stereotype space character but the toy references in the ride are just a bit annoying. Ultimatly I think guests were looking for a ride were they could zap evil aliens because that is a typical aspect of Sci-Fi (Sci Fi being what effects our imaginary views of the future) admitedly I had thought about this type of attraction before but realized that realisum wouldn't be fitting with Disney's family image so a cartoon style version of this was of necessity. Even if Buzz's popularity were to die down I'm sure they'd just do a layover of this attraction that would still leave the guns intact

the carasoul of progress was nice but Tomorrowland ultimatly has ended up with too many sitdown shows I doubt innoventions (something that costs Disney close to nothing) would be replaced by it (which is too bad as the show is classic)

•   
    • Minion

Thinking about it... Stratigicly placing Pixar Characters to DCA attractions would have been a better match...

Having toy blasters in TL doesn't make much sense to me... TL is becoming "ToyLand" not "TomorrowLand."

Still, I am very hopefull about the HitchHiker's project... I think it could be a great theme to build on if it is popular enough...

And I am surprised that no one has considered a "National Treasure" themed ride, but how can you make a treasure hunt a ride? I really wished there was a "Colonial America" aspect of DL...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they need reality type characters for themes. These pixar rides are so cheezy. I went on buzz yesterday for the first time and it was so subpar for me. It was better then pooh but was still underwhelming. We need another ride like 20, 000 leagues under the sea or something. Pixar rides make Disneyland seem so fake and cheap because it seems like all they can accomplish these days is making a cardboard city for a set.

• LoisAlene

I'm not so keen on the Pixar elements in Disneyland either, but face it, would you ride a ride based on Brother Bear or Home on the Range?
    :devil:
    I'd like to see something GOOD, and I'm not too particular on the theme. When I say Good I mean an E ticket ride - check out the new technology at
    http://archiv.kuka-roboter.de/roboco...sh/index2.html
    They have several videos - I'd sure love to ride a ride like This!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    I'm not so keen on the Pixar elements in Disneyland either, but face it, would you ride a ride based on Brother Bear or Home on the Range?
    Ack, I just threw up a little in my mouth :devil:
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• ...or just Tonny

No more movie based rides! If I want to "ride the movies", I'll go to Universal. Geesh. Please, bring back originality!

• Minion

Again, I can't help but go back to the same math...

Number of toon rides outside Fantasyland on opening day = 0
    Number of toon rides in New Orleans Square = 0
    Number of toon rides in New Tomorrowland '67 = 0

Toon rides only in Fantasyland = Walt
    Toon rides outside Fantasyland = Eisner

I like Walt's math better.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

While I see your point ModHatter, I do think that besides us Disney Geeks, most people see nothing wrong with toon rides outside of Fantasyland (and ToonTown, now) Actually, whenever I'm at the parks with someone who is not a Disney Geek, they always ask, "Why is there no (insert name of Disney Animated Film here) ride? I loved that movie!" Now, I'm not saying that there should be a ride for every film- not at all. But I think that using cartoons outside of Fantasyland is not a problem. JSpider mentioned Splash Mountain- and I think that is a great example.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they need reality type characters for themes. These pixar rides are so cheezy. I went on buzz yesterday for the first time and it was so subpar for me. It was better then pooh but was still underwhelming. We need another ride like 20, 000 leagues under the sea or something. Pixar rides make Disneyland seem so fake and cheap because it seems like all they can accomplish these days is making a cardboard city for a set.
    It is extremely underwhelming, but only if you don't buy into the interactivity of the ride... I thought the interactivity was what made it fun...

I still say Pixar rides in DCA may be a good idea...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast