• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Mickey's Toontown Brought Down to Size

In this thread, I have listed all the Toontown attractions, list an attraction and break it down to all the errors, flaws, bad issues, mishaps, uninterests etc. it has had in the last thirteen years. Maybe some Disney executives will read this and see what we are trying to get at with this broken down town:

Goofy's Bounce House
    Chip n' Dale Treehouse
    Toontown Depot
    Donald's Boat
    Mickey's House
    Toon Park
    Toontown Gag Alley
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    Minnie's House
    Chip n' Dale Treehouse
    Gadget's Go Coaster
    Jolly Trolley
    Toontown itself
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 03-01-2006 at 06:42 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• For You!

Re: Mickey's Toontown Brought Down to Size

You forgot Gadget's Go Coaster - My kids absolute favorite ride! Don't change it at all! Except maybe get a new paint job. A few things are pretty faded

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Once again, I'm finding myself a bit puzzled. I'm the first to admit that I don't go to Disneyland as often as most people here. (In fact, 2 major holidays in the next 3 years is a BIG deal for me).

I totally loved my trip to California's parks. Toontown wasn't my favourite part, but it was everything I imagined it would be. Gadget's Go Coaster and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin were the perfect remedies for my frazzled girlfriend who I had dragged on to every death-defying attraction available. I also thought Cartoon Spin was a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyways, the source of my puzzlement seems to come from the need people feel to pick holes - in this case, systematic holes - in almost everything Disney puts out. I'm sure the executives are well and truly aware of break-downs and problems. If they are like any other company, they will have to run reports and damage assessments every three seconds.

I suppose they could NOT make any changes, additions or alterations to the park again. That would probably suit people who like Disneyland Just the Way It Is, but it would also garner criticism from those who think that Disney have hit a plateau.

I'm sorry if this relative newbie is a little snippy, but I've heardly read anything but complaints on this forum since I joined. Maybe it's because I only get to go once every few years, and haven't been jaded by multiple trips every year. It's the 'Happiest Place on Earth' and I feel that it truly is. Reading some comments here, you'd think that Disney do it on purpose.

EXECUTIVE 1: Hey Bob - what can we do to mess with the fans today?

EXECUTIVE 2: Anything, Bill. It doesn't take much.

EXECUTIVE 1: Hey Bob - it's great being evil isn't it?

EXECUTIVE 2: Hmm? What? Oh, sorry. I was just counting my wads of cash...

Anyhoo, this isn't an attack on anybody in particular. Criticism is a healthy thing, and recognising the faults of something we love is also healthy. I just don't see the point in picking apart things incessantly. Takes some of the joy out.

There - that was my first rant on this forum
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Once again, I'm finding myself a bit puzzled. I'm the first to admit that I don't go to Disneyland as often as most people here. (In fact, 2 major holidays in the next 3 years is a BIG deal for me).

I totally loved my trip to California's parks. Toontown wasn't my favourite part, but it was everything I imagined it would be. Gadget's Go Coaster and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin were the perfect remedies for my frazzled girlfriend who I had dragged on to every death-defying attraction available. I also thought Cartoon Spin was a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyways, the source of my puzzlement seems to come from the need people feel to pick holes - in this case, systematic holes - in almost everything Disney puts out. I'm sure the executives are well and truly aware of break-downs and problems. If they are like any other company, they will have to run reports and damage assessments every three seconds.

I suppose they could NOT make any changes, additions or alterations to the park again. That would probably suit people who like Disneyland Just the Way It Is, but it would also garner criticism from those who think that Disney have hit a plateau.

I'm sorry if this relative newbie is a little snippy, but I've heardly read anything but complaints on this forum since I joined. Maybe it's because I only get to go once every few years, and haven't been jaded by multiple trips every year. It's the 'Happiest Place on Earth' and I feel that it truly is. Reading some comments here, you'd think that Disney do it on purpose.

Anyhoo, this isn't an attack on anybody in particular. Criticism is a healthy thing, and recognising the faults of something we love is also healthy. I just don't see the point in picking apart things incessantly. Takes some of the joy out.

I just don't understand what the problem with Toontown is supposed to be, or why I'm supposed to be upset.

I had an absolutely delightful couple of visits to Toontown this past Holiday season. I admit, the hours of operation are a little strange. I guess they close early for the fireworks, and then they don't open with the rest of the Park.

It's a little bit of a hike, but the train does stop there.

Anyway, once you do make it in.....it was really one of the most charming areas in the whole resort. Granted, I've never seen Toontown, other than at Christmas.....but I will say I thought they were much better decorated than Main Street, and more lit up at night than anything , with the exception of Small World, in terms of Christmas. The Toontown Christmas Loop was sensational.

I loved the powerplant, being able to nose through Minnie's house---her oven etc... The Post Office ......

The worst part of Toontown, for me was that Gadget's Go-Coaster was too scary. I expected a very tame kiddie ride, and had a very rude awakening. Gadget's is an all-out thrill ride ala Six Flags, or Knotts.........only wish someone had told me that before I went on!

• Let's get dangerous!

The only problem I have with Toontown is that a lot of stuff got taken out due to sue-happy people. Otherwise, I don't see why there needs to be some huge change to it. Car Toon Spin is awesome, and the houses are still fun to walk through for me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis

Whew! I live local here in Los Angeles. I will be the first to say "I am Sorry."
    I regularly go to the park with my AP. You kinda notice these things a little more. What you dont notice is when you post on Mice Chat about these problems. It really ruins it for others that dont live here and can not come to park as much as some of us do. Kinda loses the magic for them.

I have been going to park for almost 34 years. I know and understand what people see and wish this park could be. We are so passionate about DL that we all hate to see any thing get neglected. Disney doesnt really do this on purpose, at least I don't think so. I am sure they will get to it.
    Jason

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    You forgot Gadget's Go Coaster - My kids absolute favorite ride! Don't change it at all! Except maybe get a new paint job. A few things are pretty faded
    Go-Coaster could benefit from re-theming. Goofy's Barnstormer at WDW is the same thing but more enjoyable just for the minor theming that makes the track follow Goofy's out-of-control flight through the farm.

Maybe I unfairly like the Barnstormer because "Goofy's Glider" is one of my favorite Disney shorts, but anything would be more than they already have.