Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

I really hope the leave the 30's theme.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    that won't be happening...that's the theme of the entire land and it is integral to Indy's plot-line.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    Do you mean leave as in ditch or leave as in let alone?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    This all sounds so exciting! I wonder what this "new and interactive effect" will be for the python?
    Maybe snapping at you like on the Virtual Safari on the Lion king DVD?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    It was very odd that is why. What does the JC have to do with Indy? I think that if they get rid of that you will feel more immersed like your in a ride.
    I thought they did a decent tie-in job. And it's at the very beginning of the ride before you even enter into the heart of the jungle. No biggie and a fun cross-over in my opinion. It certainly has more to do with each other than the steel drums or some other band banging away by the exit of jungle cruise and you hearing it in the queue and at the end of the ride.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Jungle Rehab EXTENSIVE!

I was walking behind City Hall today while on shift and noticed how extensive the rehab is for Jungle. Not only are they tearing out ALL of he bamboo (and there is A WHOLE LOT of that stuff), but they're also re-doing the entire hand-off area (where the boats are stored backstage) as well as installing a bunch of new gas lines. The old ones were lying in a heap at the bottom of the now-drained river. All I can say is "WOW", this rehab is EXTENSIVE, both on the theming end and on the infrastructure end. Most of the river looks totally stripped at this point, which means at least 75% of the infrastructure will be new when the walls come down! Very exciting!

Oh, I also saw some of the new themed fencing they will be using at the water's edge (i.e. by the attraction exit, etc). It looks really cool...faux bamboo with rawhide ties to secure them together. I was impressed!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• #1 Space Mountain Fan!!!

Thanks for the update!

• Minion

I'm really going to enjoy my trip in May..... So much will be refreshing and new again!
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    ...as well as installing a bunch of new gas lines. The old ones were lying in a heap at the bottom of the now-drained river...
    OK, perhaps I'm only slightly confused. "Old" gas lines? Were these used for some now long-forgotten special effect, or simply used to keep tropical plants from fading off when things got cold in Anaheim?

• Official MC Thread Killer

This is awesome news. Jungle Cruise is going to be perfect! Thanks CM Matt!!
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Gepetto 2

Head over to Mouseplanet for a David Koenig article (last week) that lays out a fantastic upgrade to this ride...not just plants but LOTS of themeing changes and new additions etc. very exciting if they can get it all done (time/budget)

(By the way, I have a special...3 of my heads for one of yours.)

Doug
    http://SpookyBook.com
    'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
    The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

This may sound corny, but I really mean it when I say Walt would be very proud to see his crown jewel Disneyland being given the tender love and care it so badly needed. I was at the park back in October and will be back in July. So much will have changed in just that short period. DL is having a renaisance of sorts. It's fantastic.

I can't wait to experience the NEW and IMPROVED Jungle Cruise at DL. Thanks to everyone at DL and WDI for making these rehabs and upgrades over the last 2 years possible.

Finally, I'll just throw out how nice it would be to see WDW's MK get a land by land restoration along these lines.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    I thought they did a decent tie-in job. And it's at the very beginning of the ride before you even enter into the heart of the jungle. No biggie and a fun cross-over in my opinion. It certainly has more to do with each other than the steel drums or some other band banging away by the exit of jungle cruise and you hearing it in the queue and at the end of the ride.
    I believe it was more an issue of Indy guests saying certain things at JC guests...that would account for the new barrier not blocking the temple, just blocking the guests.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Know More Than You Should

Sounds cool.

new gas lines? perhaps support of the gorillas throwing dynamite into the water effect?
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast