Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Doing it with a flair

I can't wait until May, thanks for the info.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Those would be the same guests (ie - ingnorant trash) who you find sticking gum on walls and carving their names in queue lines.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    OK, perhaps I'm only slightly confused. "Old" gas lines? Were these used for some now long-forgotten special effect, or simply used to keep tropical plants from fading off when things got cold in Anaheim?
    I'm sorry, I should have clarified: most (if not all) of the animation effects on the 'Cruise are accomplished using compressed gas, propelled by a HUGE compressor/regulator located behind the emporium. It appears that the lines that feed this gass throughout the attraction are being replaced.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Banned User

amazing....

(remember when the originla idea was to referbish some of the oldest and favorite attractions.. well you have 2...)

(WDW only got one...)

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    Those would be the same guests (ie - ingnorant trash) who you find sticking gum on walls and carving their names in queue lines.
    gotta love people like that...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    This may sound corny, but I really mean it when I say Walt would be very proud to see his crown jewel Disneyland being given the tender love and care it so badly needed. I was at the park back in October and will be back in July. So much will have changed in just that short period. DL is having a renaisance of sorts. It's fantastic.

I can't wait to experience the NEW and IMPROVED Jungle Cruise at DL. Thanks to everyone at DL and WDI for making these rehabs and upgrades over the last 2 years possible.
    Thank you for the clarification on the gas lines.

I agree with you jmyboy! I was there in July with the first tarp went up on main street and in Jan when everything kept closing. I have heard that people were acting as if the Tiki Room was brand new and some guests even said that it was closed for years and rebuilt for the 50th! Go figure. Anyway, if people can get THAT excited about the Tiki Room, just think about Jungle Cruise. I can't wait. Thanks for the update and I look forward to many more!!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    amazing....

(remember when the originla idea was to referbish some of the oldest and favorite attractions.. well you have 2...)

(WDW only got one...)
    more than two...Space is also an older favorite completely replaced, along w/ JC and the Tiki Room...HM got several updates as is Pirates right now. Small World was updated a couple years back with the return to the current outdoor painjob and a return to the original audio. That makes 6, not to mention the rapainting of pretty much every building in Disneyland...I'm very pleased
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    more than two...Space is also an older favorite completely replaced, along w/ JC and the Tiki Room...HM got several updates as is Pirates right now. Small World was updated a couple years back with the return to the current outdoor painjob and a return to the original audio. That makes 6, not to mention the rapainting of pretty much every building in Disneyland...I'm very pleased
    No I think hes refering tot he original plan. Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise are the only ones to recieve the "50th. revamps" although Haunted Mansion got a few things added as well. Its a Small World was supposed to get new show scenes with new AA figures (based off the AAs in the sinbad ride at tokyo disney sea) and Pirates was supposed to get some Flaming Skull effect and the scene between the pirate ship and the fort was supposed to be replace with a big battle between a pirate ship and a huge brithish navy ship with a 3rd. ship burning/skinking in the background.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

One of the things I remember as a kid going to DL during the 50's-60's was that everything always looked clean and brand new. It was actually difficult to find scratched paint on a handrail. The place always looked just like it was built yesterday. Then things changed somewhere. Dirt, decay, and burnt-out lightbulbs found their way into the park. It's really a thrill for me that this situation was not allowed to continue. The recent rehab has brought my Disneyland back!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Unfortunately Tom Chaney age and guests have taken their toll. Many of the structure are 50 years old now and will require extensive maintenance to keep them freesh. Plus people today are so much ruder and uncaring then they were before. They don't think twice about throwing their trash on the ground, sticking their gum on a wall or carving their name into a queue line. The hardly used and barely one year old Tower of Terror queue line in DCA is a testament to this.
    That's
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    No I think hes refering tot he original plan. Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise are the only ones to recieve the "50th. revamps" although Haunted Mansion got a few things added as well. Its a Small World was supposed to get new show scenes with new AA figures (based off the AAs in the sinbad ride at tokyo disney sea) and Pirates was supposed to get some Flaming Skull effect and the scene between the pirate ship and the fort was supposed to be replace with a big battle between a pirate ship and a huge brithish navy ship with a 3rd. ship burning/skinking in the background.
    Please keep in mind, those ideas for small world and pirates never got any farther than conceptualization so I would hardly consider them "expected revamps."
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Queen of Randomness

Thank you for letting us know what's happening. I count on you guys to keep me informed.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Zapp's Minion :D

AP2CM, Thanks for the Jungle Cruise update. There is already a Jungle Crusie thread that was started a few day ago, so I just merged both of them together

MM-

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Sounds snazzy!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Please keep in mind, those ideas for small world and pirates never got any farther than conceptualization so I would hardly consider them "expected revamps."
    Well I mean that was the original plan and they were just waiting to get greenlit. Out of those 5, Disney greenlit the plans for JC and Space and gave a few touches to HM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345