• Sock Puppet

Dapper Dans Potential Dvd

Ok everyone, I would like everyone's input on this. I contacted Dave O'neal from Extinct Attractions.com, the other day, regarding an order I placed for one of his dvds. While emailing him, I came up with another idea for him to possibly undertake and create a new dvd regarding the history of the Dapper Dans and their place at Disneyland, featuring footage of their performances.

David like the idea so much that he asked me to possible be the producer, which I respectively declined, since I have absolutely no experience in the film industry. But, I wanted to notify everyone here to see if there are individuals that could assist David with this potential project, either furnishing footage of the Dapper Dans in actions or a way to contact any of the members that would be willing to be interviewed and filmed by David and explain the history and traditions of this popular group. That would be nice to preserve this bit of Disneyland history on dvd. If anyone wants David's email or phone, please let me know.

Re: Dapper Dans Potential Dvd

I can't help, but that is an awesome idea! I have a nephew who would be the first one in line to buy it. He is 16 and is a HUGE fan. He was really bummed to hear about their fate. Where would something like this be available for purchase if it were to happen?

• Know More Than You Should

Well I would assume at http://www.extinctattractionsclub.com. They have truly great stuff.

I think that would be great! I don't know any Dapper Dans, but I will be visiting the park March 18 and will be videotaping their entire act at least twice. I would be happy to donate the footage to the EAC should they have a use for it and would love to help out in any way I can. I have a partial video from their act back in November which is linked to in my sig.

• Sock Puppet

Thanks, I will let David know about this info. I will keep in touch to keep you updated, if this project flies or not.

• Man of Logic and Reason

I just made a DVD of the Dapper Dans, but I don't have any of the footage anymore...sorry.