Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Defeats the Huns

Elevator at the Hub?

My friend's friend just informed my friend that there used to be an elevator/lift of sorts at the Hub that was used a lot. The friend's friend specifically stated them using it for the first Car Giveaway that the DLR had. Any truth to this?

• no flash photography...

Re: Elevator at the Hub?

I've heard aboutt his, but I thought it was near the ticket checker places as you enter where the flower mickey is....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

<Activate Rumor Control>During DL's 35th, they had this, I'll call it a UFO type stage at the hub where prizes were distributed. I was told that when a big winner was spinning (or whatever they did) that Mickey and friends would come up through the bottom through an elevator. If this is true, then there is your answer, however I have nothing to more than being told this to back it up, and I never witnessed it myself.</Activate Rumor Control>
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• oh bugger

Well my friends friend told my other friend that our other friend thinks that Gary Glitter is sooo dreamy.

• Banned User

lol, well maybe there is, just look for oddly placed pavement on the floor!

• Circle of Ancients

I've heard of this, but I'm not sure if it was a permanent thing or not. The only elevator I can think of that comes from under-ground to on-stage is the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. There are a few other underground elevators in NOS but they don't come up on-stage.

• Minion

Well my friends friend told my other friend that her other friend new this guy who has a sister who worked at Baskin & Robbins saw Ferris pass out.

I am sorry I couldnt help myself.
    Jason

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Well my friends friend told my other friend that our other friend thinks that Gary Glitter is sooo dreamy.

Yeah,quite the hunk ain't he?

I hope this other friend isn't 10 years old.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 03-03-2006 at 10:34 PM.

• Still lost in Neverland

Well since I was there many times during the 35th I can say that I witnessed it in action. It was located in the Hub right in the center (remember there was no Walt and Mickey statue at that time). There was a big 35th construct that took up most of the hub area. A new car would be under the construct and when somebody won, the construct would open up with lots of music and confetti and characters dancing all around it. The car would be seen and a platform would move it out of the construct and it would sit there outside the construct. They never drove it off the site. The winner actually got a new car off site. The car was given away once a day. The car would sit outside the construct until the Park closed, then the platform would move back and the whole thing would be reset for the next days give-a-way. They made it seem like there was an elevator but there wasn't. The construct inside was lower than the surrounding area, so when the door opened the platform lifted the car up just enough to make it look like it was coming up from underground, but it was only just coming up about 2 feet. I watched this about 10 times during that celebrations and I saw the same car every time. So there you have it from an eye witness.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

any pictures of this, i wanna see! I still think that they should things like this for the 50th, except bigger!

• idk my BFF Minnie

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    Well since I was there many times during the 35th I can say that I witnessed it in action. It was located in the Hub right in the center (remember there was no Walt and Mickey statue at that time).
    Woah, no Partners statue? I didn't know this. What was there before?

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by ChiiDesu
    Woah, no Partners statue? I didn't know this. What was there before?
    Nothing was there, they didn't put the partners statue in until the 80's or 90's.. But I'm horrible with remembering dates. But all I know is it wasn't always there.

• Still lost in Neverland

The Partners Statue was put there for Mickey's 65th birthday. And there was a real battle to get that statue put there. It was sculpted by Blaine Gibson who also did the Lincoln sculpt for the first version of Lincoln. If you were around for the original Disneyland Lincoln Show, you saw him in the film that was shown on the back screen before the the Main Theater Show.

Anyway, the battle was with the family because Walt had once said he never wanted a statue of him as he felt that would not be proper. Disneyland was for the guests and not something to glorify him. Eventaully the family gave their permission and the statue was added to Disneyland first then Florida then Tokyo and then Paris. And lastly, Hong Kong had it when it opened. I am guesing it will be in all future Disneyland parks as well. There was just the flower garden there before that.

I used to get the biggest kick out of sitting in the Hub and listening to people walk by right after the statue was added. The comments were hilarious. "Oh yea, that's been here since opening day", or "Yes indeed, I saw that a year ago when I was here". It's amazing what people remember that was never there. Then there were the serious guests or Cast Members who simply came to statue and stood there telling there children about Walt and Mickey. I actually saw several Cast Members come up, stand there crying with head bent, and you knew they were there when Walt was there. That was really moving and it made me cry as well. I talked to several of them afterward and they all had nothing but respect and praise for Walt.

I didn't own a camera back then and only had a video camera one day that I borrowed. I was too busy taping the parade and One Man's Dream show. I wasn't in the hub when the winner was announced that day. Somebody somewhere must have pictures of the hub and all the stuff that was put there for the 35th.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Days gone by:

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Basking in birthday love

I know one of the parks got a statue of Roy and Minnie at just about the same time as the Partners statues were installed, but I don't remember which. (I think it was WDW.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast