Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates

Pirates

With all the talk of Pirates changes, and the removal of the 2 going up the hill (I would be happy if they just turned their volume down a LITTLE! The grunting was so loud last time I went that it ruined the dueling scene.)... I was remembering a fifth pirate in the fighting scene.

One against the wheel, one leaning on another one, one on a cannon, and another near the same side as the cannon guy. Am I crazy? If not, does anyone have any pictures?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Pirates

Not sure about the amount of Pirates there, but they're actually not dueling at all.

They're shooting at the barrels of gun powder because they're drunk and they think its full of rum and they want to get the rum! Luckily for them (and us as we pass through), they have yet to hit the barrels...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Not sure about the amount of Pirates there, but they're actually not dueling at all.

They're shooting at the barrels of gun powder because they're drunk and they think its full of rum and they want to get the rum! Luckily for them (and us as we pass through), they have yet to hit the barrels...
    Really? I always thought they were shooting at each other. And I just seem to remember there being two on the left

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

this pirate was moved to the PC section of the ride in the 90's.He was where big butt is now.
    that's the only pirate I know is missing there.they added the constipated pirates then,as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore

this pirate was moved to the PC section of the ride in the 90's.He was where big butt is now.
    that's the only pirate I know is missing there.they added the constipated pirates then,as far as I can tell.
    That's him! Thank you I still feel there's a void on that side of the ride, though. The constipated pirates would be okay with me if the volume was down, and if they tightened the rope on the pulling-pirate. I mean he doesn't need to have lbs of pressure exerted on him, but he can at least not have the rope slack inches down while groaning

youknow I'm going to actualy miss those pirates by the lift hill

I'd perfer more AA's to less

it'd be great if they'd move that one barrel pirate back to his origional space

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    youknow I'm going to actualy miss those pirates by the lift hill

I'd perfer more AA's to less

it'd be great if they'd move that one barrel pirate back to his origional space
    I agree, they should make a new version of that animatronic above as a treat to us crazy fans.

I have a question.. although it's probably purely speculation to 99.9999% of this board....

Why would DL remove figures from the ride days prior to the ride closing? Would the extra few days REALLY give them much more time to work on those specific animatronics?

I can see removing certain characters if they require refurb work (which I -HOPE- is why the dirty-foot pirate is gone.. i dont want him gone for good/replaced by Depp!)... but WHY take out working characters days before the refurb happens? Those 2 animatronics must have had what... the equivalent of 6 servos maximum (but in hydraulic/pneumatic terms)...

they've always had a rolling refurb policy with Pirates

I don't know if they want to get an early start or what (maybe they REALLY think the ride is better without those two pirates)

In a very old report I seem to remember hearing that one of the Cpt Jack AA's would be located near the end of the ride carrying away a bag of loot...perhaps he will be replacing our old grunting friends, that I must embarrasingly admit always inspire me and my friends to make inappropriate sounds timed to their grunts....

Quote Originally Posted by kalelvis
    In a very old report I seem to remember hearing that one of the Cpt Jack AA's would be located near the end of the ride carrying away a bag of loot...perhaps he will be replacing our old grunting friends, that I must embarrasingly admit always inspire me and my friends to make inappropriate sounds timed to their grunts....
    If he's done in a non-descript manner, that'd be fine. I just can't believe they'd remove fully-functioning AAs with DAYS left until the ride closed.

.... Im going Sunday and expecting more missing....but i hope not,.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    The grunting was so loud last time I went that it ruined the dueling scene.
    It's been so many years since I was at DL, I had to go download a video of Pirates to hear these sounds. While they weren't that loud in the video, I just about have tears running down my face in laughter thinking about their sounds carrying out almost all the way to the jail.

"Uhnn.... Uhhhhhhhhnnnghhh..... UH!" I need to clench my face just typing it!

I have another question. I saw clips from "Disneyland After Dark" where they show some behind-the-scenes things in Pirates. Unfortunately the videos are VERY low quality to the point of only seeing boxes.

Does anyone know where i can get a viewable copy of them, either download or purchase?

Thanks

• Basking in birthday love

There's something like 70 AA inside Pirates, so the fact that they're pulling some of the less prominent ones out for refurb early, it indicates that every AA, or at least the vast majority, will be getting some treatment. It's understandable that they'd want a head start.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    There's something like 70 AA inside Pirates, so the fact that they're pulling some of the less prominent ones out for refurb early, it indicates that every AA, or at least the vast majority, will be getting some treatment. It's understandable that they'd want a head start.
    Uh... the "dirty foot" pirate is a prominent one. I can give you some of the others (barely) but he's a pretty big one. Who has been missing months.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast