Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Actually the Indian Village used to be where Critter Country is now.

I would love to see an attraction that boarded on TSI. At DL Paris, Big Thunder goes under the river and most of the coaster is on the island that the river loops around. I always thought that was cool. This would kind of be the reverse. It could board on the North end of the island and go under the river into a show building out back!
    The Mur

• Minion

I'd like to see an Indian Village restored. The dance performances were wonderful and added an exotic element to that land. I remember hoop dances and one with live snakes if my memory serves me right...or perhaps that was at Knott's.

I realize there are numerous tribes to consider and it's a totally different mind set than 1955, but it could have an educational element to it as well. Indians just seem to be lacking any real presence in FL.

Put back in the desert. Bring back stagecoaches that aren't top-heavy, with horses that aren't skittish. Bring back the wagons and the buckboards. Bring back the pack mules and post the warning "ride at your own risk".

And put back in that mine train!!!!
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Zapp's Minion :D

Sorry guys, I don't think we need to have 2 threads about Frontierland Expansion, I am going to merge the two of them together.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    it was NEVER imagineered that way, it was created for WDW the train ride was something that came from that idea to Disneyland

Western River was never looked at as being part of DIsneyland at all
    You are correct to a degree. Mesa Mountain which encompassed both a Big Thunder style ride and the Western River Expedidtion was originally designed for WDW but was put on the back(way back) burner when it was decided to go with a Pirates ride instead. The project was not dropped however as Disney imagineers who loved the concept actively sought approval to build it in Disneyland !.......in the end they only got the Thunder Mt. portion of the project approved for construction. So to say that "Western River was never looked at as being part of Disneyland at all" would be a false statement.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Missouri/Mississippi River Expedition Attraction for Frontierland

A white-water raft expedition ride down the Missouri/Mississippi River. Guests would ride along and learn the history of the Midwest via Davy Crockett, Pecos Bill, native Americans, railroad expansion, and the gold rush via Audio Animatronics/computerized figures.. There of course would be peaks and valleys when getting wet is the only option. The attraction could be built on the land where Big Thunder ranch is and where the Festival of Fools used to be. The theme of the ride would be Westward expansion.

Other ideas for Frontierland include an attraction/show like American Adventure at EPCOT that would also present American history and Westward expansion which would include Davy Crockett, Pecos Bill, native Americans, railroad expansion, and the gold rush.

TSI remodeled. A new fort, Native American village addition and maybe some waterfalls.

What are your ideas and thoughts about an E-ticket water ride in Frontierland?

• Capstan
    Something with spectacular terrain, like the Rocky Mountains.~ I remember being impressed, watching the DCA film "Golden Dreams," by the contribution the Chinese made to the building of the transcontinental railroad and the hazards they faced. Maybe something about them would fit.~ How about a holocaust-style museum for Native Americans? Too realistic?

(since threads were merged, for clarity, this is in response to post #21)

YES! A Disneyfied version of the past showing the brutality, forced conversions, and cultural destruction of entire nations of native peoples, while also showing the railroads being built on the backs of immigrants paid slave wages for grueling menial work, and the wanton violence of entire territories succumbed to lawlessness!

Think of it!
    The natives aren't on a death march, it's now a high-energy two step parade with perky IASW-style lyrics!
    A carefully crafted multicultural railroad gang whistling while they work!
    Gunfights where their hats get knocked off and everyone's smiling and happy!

...and... a big happy ending with everyone high stepping the can-can!

</sarcasm>

There's a reason the Disney park in VA didn't happen.
    And Edu-tainment is a dead end.
    Last edited by Flint; 03-27-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• wasting time

Joe, cool it with the unnecessary duplicate threads.

I like Joe Cool's idea about Pecos Bill and Davy Crockett. The frontier grew up on the Tall Tales. I think an attraction, especially one that resembles Spiderman at IOA, based on American folklore would be awesome.

Pecos Bill, John Henry, Davy Crockett, and being from Minnesota, my favorite, Paul Bunyan, these characters are recognized throughout the country and would be great subjects in an all-new attraction.

Also, I love the art and culture of the Native Americans, they need a showcase because they truly are the most important aspect of the Frontier. The Indian Village would be great, even if it was a quasi-museum just to showcase Native American art. A shop to sell some of it would be great too.

Big Thunder Ranch is okay, but I think the point needs to come across that the old west was not the only part of the frontier.

• neuhickman79
    I think they should bring Back the Festival of Fools or Animazement! Those were some great shows!!!!!

• What have I done?

I agree Festival of Fools was great many days were spent at that theater with my friends! I enjoy the Idea of Discovery Bay or Port Discovery!

"This guy!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12