Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Frontierland Expansion

All that land that where the Big Thunder Ranch and the Festival of Fools used to be could be used for Frontierland expansion? Any ideas on what you could put there..

Any ideas?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yes: Take down Big Thunder and re-build it as it was originally imagineered with the Western River Expedidion underneath it.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Yes: Take down Big Thunder and re-build it as it was originally imagineered with the Western River Expedidion underneath it.
    it was NEVER imagineered that way, it was created for WDW the train ride was something that came from that idea to Disneyland

Western River was never looked at as being part of DIsneyland at all

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    All that land that where the Big Thunder Ranch and the Festival of Fools used to be could be used for Frontierland expansion? Any ideas on what you could put there..

Any ideas?
    I heard that Big Thunder Ranch is open again. Just closes really early....
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggeriffic
    I heard that Big Thunder Ranch is open again. Just closes really early....
    Just a very small version of it.

Many major projects have been considered for this spot in the past (some including all or part of Tom Sawyer Island as well) including Gyser Mt., Villian Mt., and a major Toon Town expansion ride (some sort of flume ride). However, the biggest threat to an E-Ticket are the current rumors of a Woody themed land with dark ride and a couple small spinner type rides as well.

As mentioned above, Western River was actually designed for WDW as their "Pirates", but it was never built. Mark Davis never gave up on Western River and tried to get it built at Disneyland as well (according to a multi part Jim Hill story).

But perhaps the biggest expansion for this area was the long postponed and finally cancled Discovery Bay project. It would have been a Jules Vern -esque lagoon area with rides, shops, and dining around it. The model was on display in the park for years when I was a kid.

This is a prime piece of Disney real estate and I would hate to see them waste it by rushing to build some small flat or dark rides rather than a major land expansion and E-Ticket.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Thumbs up Don't squander that Frontierland real-estate!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage

This is a prime piece of Disney real estate and I would hate to see them waste it by rushing to build some small flat or dark rides rather than a major land expansion and E-Ticket.
    I couldn't agree with you more! Dark rides are great...but there are so many more options for the area!

Some ideas I've seen batted around before for new Frontierland E-Tickets are:
    • An abandoned mining shaft elevator drop attraction (ala Tower of Terror)
    • Some kind of 21st-Century return of the original Stagecoach ride (perhaps a statecoach simulator of some kind).
    • An educational/respectful show treatment of Native American heritage

I'm not sure if any of these are viable...but it sure would be great to see something other than another cardboard/shoebox attraction added to the crown jewel of the Disney Theme Park empire.

• something else...

i know that disney can pull of something big here. we just have to wait for funds to pick back up after all of these refurbs. and i wonder what this porperty ranks on the list of priorities for the company. where do al these rumors come from anyway...ie the inclusion of the island. i would like to see a huge, stunning, e-ticket somewhere along the lines of Western River (even though it wasnt created for disneyland)
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

They should expand Big Thunder and have it go out by the Rivers of America on the original Natures Wonderland path, that would be cool!

YEAH!

• Animatronic

Big Thunder through Nature's Wilderness! They could have a slow part with nice animatronic animals using people mover style rollers in the track, then break loose for a wild coaster ending. I really miss the train going across the bridge and looking down at the bears, although I saw the bear that used to scratch his back looking rather demonic with one eye falling out along the banks of the river.

• враг народа

Blog Entries
    I've always thought Discovery Bay looked like a cool idea.

• Minion

Lightbulb Frontierland Expansion

I know that in previous threads Frontierland expansion has been discussed but I think it is time to revisit the issue.
    Big Thunder is the only major attraction in Fronteirland and there is plenty of land near the Big Thunder ranch for expnasion. In another thread, I discussed the Tom Sawyer's Island.

Here are some of my thoughts on Frontierland expansion:

1) A white-water raft expedition ride down the Missouri/Mississippi River. Guests would ride along and learn the history of the Midwest via Davy Crockett, Pecos Bill, native Americans, railroad expansion, and the gold rush via Audio Animatronics/computerized figures.. There of course would be peaks and valleys when getting wet is the only option.

2) An attraction/show like American Adventure at EPCOT that would also present American history and Westward expansion which would include Davy Crockett, Pecos Bill, native Americans, railroad expansion, and the gold rush.

3) TSI remodeled. A new fort, Native American village addition and maybe some waterfalls.

What are your ideas and thoughts about Frontierland?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    1) A white-water raft expedition ride down the Missouri/Mississippi River. Guests would ride along and learn the history of the Midwest via Davy Crockett, Pecos Bill, native Americans, railroad expansion, and the gold rush via Audio Animatronics/computerized figures.. There of course would be peaks and valleys when getting wet is the only option.
    I like this idea. It could even incorporate some action like billy the kid robbing your boat or encountering rapids (boat shakes but you don't get all wet).
    They could incorporate a ride system similar to the Atlantis ride at sea world (half flume type ride and half roller coaster). Flume ride for the river stuff and a smooth flowing coaster part (no big drops) for the railroad/goldmine stuff.

• Official MC Thread Killer

I like the white water raft ride, it kind of sounds like Western River Expedition, which I hope they finally build some day . An update to TSI would be very welcomed as well!!
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

I think this idea is great for the expansion of Frontierland. They should definitely remodel the Fort and open it up and bring back the Indian Village that used to be somewhere in Frontierland.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I also agree with the fort remodel idea. That space would be a great, safe place to let little ones run off some energy if there were lots of things to climb on and explore.
    A Native American village, with maybe some hands on crafts and storytelling would be really great. I think they attempted this at DCA, but I don't think too much was done with it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast