Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Disneyland Nomad

Re: What is the one ride you will NOT go on at DLR?

Maliboomer because my heart doesn't like it. Then Indy...I dont care if its animatronic I am terrified of that Snake. Haunted Mansion, and Innovention because of the real ghosts, and Tom Sawyer Island because of the mutant giant spiders. From my fear of bugs and snakes I also don't do Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and a Bug's Life. I forgot about the leaches in Jungle Cruise never fall in that water.

Anything in Flicks Fun Fair, jumpin jellyfish, and goofy's bounce house, (i'm to tall)

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah
    The Sun Wheel scares the living crap out of me... swinging gondola or not! I went on the non-swinging one ONCE (dang peer pressure) and I thought I was going to die. No ferris wheels for me, thank you very much!
    OMG YES! I had to go on a swinging one once, my boyfriend made me. Of course they couldn't just let us have our own cage, so we got stuck with a mom and 2 girls. I WAS FREAKED THE HELL OUT! I said a swear, which I think was crap, and the mom flipped out and yelled at me not to swear in front of her kids. I politely said that I did not swear and I was sorry but I hate ferris wheels and I was scared, so please do not tell me not to swear cause I might. We haven't been on since that, and I still yell at my bf for making me go on it. I guess he tries to make me conquer fears. Like he made me drive in San Francisco one time, up the hilly roads and over the bay bridge, which was a fear of mine since the EQ of 89 as a kid!!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    OMG YES! I had to go on a swinging one once, my boyfriend made me. Of course they couldn't just let us have our own cage, so we got stuck with a mom and 2 girls. I WAS FREAKED THE HELL OUT! I said a swear, which I think was crap, and the mom flipped out and yelled at me not to swear in front of her kids. I politely said that I did not swear and I was sorry but I hate ferris wheels and I was scared, so please do not tell me not to swear cause I might. We haven't been on since that, and I still yell at my bf for making me go on it. I guess he tries to make me conquer fears. Like he made me drive in San Francisco one time, up the hilly roads and over the bay bridge, which was a fear of mine since the EQ of 89 as a kid!!
    I love the sun wheel. It is the one ride that scares me a little ever since I got older. You have to go on that ride telling yourself the vehicle has close to 0 chance it will break. Once you tell yourself that it is fun.

• Basking in birthday love

There's nothing that I really actively avoid, but there are a few things that I won't go on unless someone else in the group wants to. HISTA, Innoventions, Tiki (I know it's a product of its time, but the racial stereotypes still squick me a little, blame my liberal arts school), and Mulholland Madness come to mind. They're just not my thing.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Vehicle rotating backward

Orange Stinger
    Indy
    Screamin (although I might give it a try sometime in the future)
    Soarin (tried it at WDW, fear of heights kicked in, had to shout for CM assistance to unbuckle me before the ride began.)

Have not tried Space Mountain before, but after doing the range at MK I feel willing to give the DL version a go whenever all these rehabs are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by karebear286
    Tom Sawyer Island because of the mutant giant spiders
    It's been a long time since I've been to the island, but after this post I'm not going ever again.

• Earth Intruder

I will not go on the Mad Mouse (never fails to leave bruises on my shoulder).

Nor will I go on the sun wheel because I am afraid of heights when I am hanging there for a long period of time thinking about how cheaply they made DCA.

Nor anything in Flik's because they are boring. I do like hearing Heimlich go "oooh candy corn!" though.

The jumpin jellyfish I won't go on either -- those things move slower than a slow elevator.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• white and nerdy

The only thing I haven't been on is the Jumpin' Jellyfish, but only because no one I'm with wants to go on it. Not that I really want to go on it, I just feel the need to as it is the only thing I've not done.

Rides just don't scare me at all. Once you go bungee jumping a roller coaster isn't that bad.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

The Many (Mis)Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. You couldn't tempt me with money or anything, I refuse.

One ride I don't think I will go on again is Sun Wheel, maybe it was because I was the only one in my cabin, and it happened to be windy and I was flying back and forth on a cold December evening.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Tea cups. Can't stand spinning like that.

Maliboomer - I did it once and that was enough.

Funny thing though - I love TOT.

• For old time sake

Karebear, I HATE snakes with a passion but Love Indy, so i plug my ears and "hide" in that room. Makes the ride better, but I understand the fear.

I will NOT ride Sun Wheel. EVER. You could not pressure me into riding that contraption for anything!!! Even a kiss from George Clooney!!!! I have always hated getting stuck at the top of a regular ferris whenl when the dang seat starts rocking, I can't imagine going in that huge, slow moving wheel and then the thing starts rocking, or worse...you're in one of the moving ones? Oh no thank you
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• See you there!

There used to be very few rides I would not go on. But now there are a lot of rides. All basically in one category:

1. Any ride that spins, drops or shakes. My old body just can't handle the abuse anymore.

I still like MT, DLRR, and IASW andall the "Dark Rides" (except those that spin, shake or drop).

CU@DL

Andy

• Original Mice-Chatter

I will go on anything and everything BUT there are things that don't get done because I have less interest in them. I did Flik's Funfair when Rose was younger. Won't go again- I have never done the Maliboomer, Orange Stinger or Mullholland Madness. I have also never been on the- silver spaceship thingie- whatever that is called. I also rarely go on Casey Jr, and it's been so long I can't recall if I ever went on the Canoes.

Obviously I don't go on things I am too big for (kids only stuff)-but there is nothing I won't go on for any real reason other than lack of time.

So next time I am out there (October) I will go on all the things I have not gone on in DCA-and maybe the canoes.

• What, where am i?

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    Dang Churro, you beat me to it. I'll do ToT and Maliboomer anyday, but being locked in a small compartment that moves very slowly just scares me to death. And being in one of the Sun Wheels swinging ones.......
    same here i will do every ride in both the parks except the sun wheel seen to many shows that people will get stuck at the top. and that high up is jjust not for me, oh i wont see the show at flick's fun fair. i have some sort of beephobia.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast