Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

• back in Austin

Re: What is the one ride you will NOT go on at DLR?

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Teacups or the Orange Stinger. I can't stand rides that spin in circles. Makes me want to hurl.
    Ditto. Spinny rides are the only ones I cannot do. Haven't been on Roger Rabbit, but I'm guessing that if you go with someone you know, you can both agree not to spin the cars around?

Motion simulators like Star Tours make me claustrophobic and kind of freak me out, but if I've taken drammamine I can handle riding them. Don't think I'll ever do Mission: Space if I go to WDW, though.

A friend of mine made me ride Maliboomer and I was all apprehensive about it. Turns out I LOVED it and she wouldn't go on it again. LOL!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by edtsch
    Ditto. Spinny rides are the only ones I cannot do. Haven't been on Roger Rabbit, but I'm guessing that if you go with someone you know, you can both agree not to spin the cars around?

Motion simulators like Star Tours make me claustrophobic and kind of freak me out, but if I've taken drammamine I can handle riding them. Don't think I'll ever do Mission: Space if I go to WDW, though.

A friend of mine made me ride Maliboomer and I was all apprehensive about it. Turns out I LOVED it and she wouldn't go on it again. LOL!
    For some reason Roger Rabbit doesn't bother me. I think it has something to do with the counter motion of going along the ride track that lessens the nausea. I'm not sure.

I don't have motion sickness any other time, but I will NOT go on Mission: Space if I ever go to WDW. I just know I'll hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I'm 230 and have been as heavy as 250. I'm still here and haven't been launched anywhere.
    That's because the weight limit is two tons. Yes, 2 tons PER seat, not in total.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• LoisAlene

We walked past the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and kept going.
    I'm thinking you could Pay me to ride it but it would take a LOT of dough!

• Banned User

Honey I Shrunk the Audience because I didn't like the show that much. Otherwise I go on pretty much everything.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

One ride I hae do is Jumpin Jellyfish
    I think too big for the ride.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• U. B. Bold

It's a small world. That song makes my brain hurt.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• For You!

I've ridden the jumpin jellyfish quite a few times - cute little ride.

I can't believe the maliboomer is the popular do not ride!!! It's one of my favorites!! I love to hold my arms and legs straight out when it first goes up - freaky feeling!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    Having worked on that ride, I can tell you for certain that the best part of its operation was getting people worked up before the launch.

"Well, it appears we have a birthday on board, every one join me in singing happy birthday:

Happy Birthday to You,
    Happy Birthday to Yo-
    LAUNCH!!!!

*car returns to station*

Happy Birthday, dear Jimmy, Happy birthday to you!"

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Oh, I love hearing the launch spiels on Boomer. "There are two rules here at the Maliboomer: One, keep your head back against the head rest. Two, absolutely, under no circumstances, should you--

LAUNCH!!!!

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

The Tower of Terror, I went on it with my mom. We literally cried while we were on it. We bought the picture just so we'll always remember that we never want to go on that ride again, in the picture there was a little boy about 6 years old dressed up in a Stitch costume. He was waving at the camera. Im soo ashamed

• With my wife....

POTC and Haunted Mansion. Boy, what a couple of stinkers those rides are! You'd never catch me on either of them!

Seriously though, there's nothing at either of the parks that I'd flat out refuse to go on. If it's a cold day, though, I won't even think of riding Splash Mtn or GRR. The only thing I hate more than being cold is being cold AND wet!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• that's right!

If I'm with friends and they want to ride Peter Pan or Gadget's Go-Coaster I'll probably try to explain to them why this is a bad idea. They're not bad rides, but they are the absolute worst in the park in terms of waiting in line for a half hour for a ride that lasts MAYBE 30 seconds.

• Artsy Fartsy

I will ride everything at least once. But I will never do the Sun wheel ever again. I rode it with my best friend and Disney Fanatic Boy back on 1/1 and what a bad experience. I did not have fun!! Otherwise I will ride it once then if I don't like it or it makes me sick I won't get on it again.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Disneyland Nomad

Peter Pan is exactly 2:11 secs, I could also tell anyone by looking at the queue how long the line is. Did you know in a day Snow White/ Pinnochio get in the same amount of guests as Peter Pan. Why because PPF can only take up to 3 people a vehicle, Snow/Pin can have up to twelve though I've never seen it done. That also explain the difference in queue time. Yet people are right unless the line is shorter then 25 mins I would'nt go on it.

• ...TWO BITS!

Hmm... probably Dumbo, Astro Oribter, Gadget's Go Coaster, and Caroseul. But if I'm feeling upbeat and with good friends, I'll go.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast