Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Is Disneyland really about happiness now?

It seems DL is just about the money for the company these days, crapyer rides and less too!!! Your thoughts...

• Disney worshipper/geek

Well, I have to say I partially agree. There is that definite greed of the Company working, but you know there are Imagineers and some people working for the company and even not working within the company who are trying to work against that in any way possible and if you look hard enough you'll see their efforts. With the park ridden with greed, it's hard to see, but it's there...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• LoisAlene

Corporations exist to make money for their stockholders. Disney is no different. Previous management did a lot to mess things up. Now that Matt's in charge I bet we see a Lot more happiness!
    and a Lot more fresh Paint!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Minion

I'm still happy when I go, and I'm sure that the kids aren't so distracted by corporate greed and uncreative rides that it ruins the fun.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I'm still happy when I go, and I'm sure that the kids aren't so distracted by corporate greed and uncreative rides that it ruins the fun.
    I agree. I am actually writing a paper about this for my writing class. I have to finish it tonight. I am specifically writing about the marketing of the 50th and what Disney is really selling. Trust me, I love this company and what it stood/stands for... but I understand what they are marketing at the same time too!

•   
    • Minion

I don't know... DL is still the only place I know where people pay money to wear silly hats they would not be caught dead in otherwise... They collect pins like no tomorrow... They pay a truck load of cash to eat at a private dining room...

DL needs to be profitable... And it needs to be the "Happiest place on Earth"... I think you can be both... But it doesn't mean you can Insult the public...
    Check out my other blog:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Still makes me happy...........
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Chernabog Admirer

I still feel the happiness I always have, seems that once I even enter the Mickey & Friends parking structure then I become happier.. as well as much more excited. That never fades throughout the day, I only get a headache from the constant loud sounds.. but that's what Tylonal is for!

No worries, even if there are crowds.. because I know it could be worse... I could be taking orders in a drive thru that day.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

It is a business, and the shareholders put alot of pressure on the whole company to turn a profit. On the same token I think, they still understand that they are in the business of making people happy and the day they forget that people will not want to buy Disney stuff or go to the parks. Even though they kinda have...

There's a lot of Happiness still left... but I think Diseny needs to really look at their priorities and make some decisions.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Banned User

Any corporation is about profit....

We can't control the motivation of the company. All we can do is reward what we like. When a company rolls out low quality crap, we should not buy it. When they roll out something we like, we need to make sure it is profitable for them.

Many people complain about the APs going up 50% or so in the last year. Well, we're getting the paint and better shows and refurbs and many of the other things we've been asking for.... Now, are we willing to pay more for the better product, to ensure profits go up, to ensure we get more of the same.....

• Northwest Disneyphile

To find the answer to this question you must understand the way a corporation works. Disneyland is owned buy the Walt Disney Company (a corporation) who’s job it is to make its investors happy by making them money. It turns out that Disneyland is in the business of making its visitors happy. Happy visitors spend money, spent money makes for happy investors. So yes Disneyland is all about making people happy, some people more than others.

• Minion

Here's one thing CM Matt knows and, for some reason, his predecessors did not. Maybe it's from his experience in the Disney Cruiselines... Disneyland isn't like a retail store where people go to buy things they need, no matter how happy or unhappy they are. Disneyland is a tourist locale, and happy tourists spend more money than unhappy tourists.

Tourism is a luxury business. It doesn't follow the same rules. It is the epitome of the old saying, "You've got to spend money to make money." Spending $50 million every 2 or 3 years on a new E ticket can easily earn you $150 million in ticket sales alone. Then you add resort hotel stays, food and merchandise sales, increased revenue from sponsors attracted by a successful park... The WORST business decision in the tourism industry is stinginess.

That was, sadly, the decision in the past. But Disneyland had decades of magic to hold it afloat until someone could come along and invest in it again. The magic was always there, hibernating away from the crowd, but you could always find it if you looked.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

I think, despite some of the companies shortcomings and poor management choices, Disneyland is still a happy place. That concept gets a little foggy with astronomical food prices, tarps, barriers, and other things. However, when standing in the plaza before opening and watching the anxious masses, listening to the Disney classics on the soundtrack and awaiting the Band, you can't help but feel happier.
    The rides and shows are still enjoyable, come on, who doesn't feel happier while seeing the ghostly ballroom or enjoying the majestic colors in "it's a small world"? The company has proven time and time again, it's problems cannot defeat the happiness of Walt's golden dream!

• Minion

Talk about timing... Thank you SaveDisney.

From the Great One himself.....

"Do a good job. You don't have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work - then try to trump it."

--- Walt Disney
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast