Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• See you there!

Wink New Flash Photography Rules for Disneyland

Due to the increasing confusion over the Flash Photography rules, I have decided to update those “pesky” No Flash Photography rules.

Flash photography is now permitted on any and all “Dark Rides” under certain conditions.

1. The ride is going down for rehab and you will not get to see it for awhile, or just in case they decide to change something during the rehab.

2. You live far, far away and will not be able to get back for awhile and you really want a photo to remember the ride.

3. It is very hot outside and you need a diversion, so, take a few flash photos inside.

4. It is very cold outside and you need a diversion, so, take a few flash photos inside.

5. It is raining outside and your need a diversion, so, take a few flash photos inside.

6. It is windy outside, and you need a diversion, so, take a few flash photos inside.

7. It is very foggy outside and you need a diversion, so, take a few flash photos inside.

8. It has been a long time since you were at Disneyland and a lot has changed, so take a few flash photos inside.

9. Your were there just last week, but forgot (or didn’t forget) you camera, so take a few flash photos inside.

10. It is somebody’s birthday (it’s always somebody’s birthday), take a few flash photos inside to remember the day.

11. It is your birthday, so, take a few flash photos inside to remember the day.

12. It is a childs birthday, so take 2 flash photos of everything (with the birthday person in the photo), make sure to get photos of the birthday person on all the “Dark Rides”.

13. You really want a photo, but it happens to be inside on a “Dark Ride”. Just remember, if you really want a photo, it is OK! If you don’t want the photo, take one anyway, you may decide you want it later.

14. You just fell in love with someone. Take lots of flash photos on all the "Dark Rides".

15. You just fell out of love with someone. Take lots of flash photos on all the "Dark Rides".

16. You just got engaged. Take lots of flash photos on all the “Dark Rides”.

17. You just got Married. Take lots of flash photos on all the “Dark Rides”.

18. You just got seperated. Take lots of flash photos on all the “Dark Rides”.

19. You just got divorced. Take lots of flash photos on all the “Dark Rides”.

Edit: Number 20 added at request of GoofyWes and daddyb

20. It's OK to take Flash Photos on Dark Rides if you run a Disney Fan Web site, afterall, you need photos to show others.

I was going to do 20 rules, but I ran out, I guess some of the rules were just too broad in scope. Maybe someone else can come up with one more rule.

Edit: Number 20 added!

I think this about covers the when you can and cannot take photos on dark rides. Oh, wait, I didn’t cover the cannot. Well, that’s because there are no CANNOT'S! Feel free to take a Flash Photo anytime, anyplace. But remember, these rules are for everyone, so if you do not feel like taking a flash photo some day, someone else may, so that is OK!

If you want to add to there rules, please do so. After all, they are here to manipulate to suit our needs.

Remember these rules were made with tongue planted firmly in cheek, so modifications should also be made with tongue planted firmly in cheek as well. Enjoy!

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 03-06-2006 at 07:57 AM.

• Space Mountain Expert

Re: New Flash Photography Rules for Disneyland

a big hearty LOL for all that! Now if we could just get Disney to go through those rules before you go on every Dark ride... you know.... as part of their 'keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times....' speil that would be great!
    Thanks for the clarification
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

OMG! Friday night we were on the Jungle Cruise and the lady across from me kept taking pictures on things on our side of the boat with her bright-as-the-sun camera flash. I was nearly blinded. I swear, after taking about 15 flashes directly to the eyes, we finally moved way down...but please believe me when I say that I wanted to grab this chick's camera and chuck it into the hippo pool.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    19. You just got divorced. Take lots of flash photos on all the “Dark Rides”.

Well that is me..yeah!

• Keep Moving Forward

UGH! I was on PotC two weeks ago and the lady behind me kept taking picture after picture. It was horrible! She was taking them EVERYWHERE, even in the tunnel w/ Davey... there's nothing there!
    U S E Y O U R I M A G I N A T I O N

Member/Founder of the SSC (Small Signature Club).

Yeah. I took a few on POC last weekend. I admit it... Sorry all.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Queen of Randomness

I do not think I've ever taken a picture in a dark ride before, I've never felt the need to.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

First of all...very clever, CUatDL...loved your rule ideas... (LOL)

at least somewhat...
    As I posted in another thread, and honest I'm not trying to build up post count, but just get the thought out...If you're going to Pirates today, try to consider those that still have never experienced the ride before...and those that want to experience it one last time the way they remember it - and stow the flashes.

Or maybe try to coordinate "Flash Passes" for the last couple of runs tonight where everyone will be using them, and others know it.

Just a thought. Thanks again, POTC, for nearly 40 years of fun as you were, and here's to the new fun we'll be having with POTC again this summer.

Now back to your regularly scheduled flash, er, thread -

Thanks,

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    First of all...very clever, CUatDL...loved your rule ideas... (LOL)
    Thanks!

at least somewhat...

...snip

Or maybe try to coordinate "Flash Passes" for the last couple of runs tonight where everyone will be using them, and others know it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled flash, er, thread -

Thanks,

Barry

That is a GREAT IDEA! Disney should institute "Flash Passes"

Where you can take Flash Photos, or just flash others (did I just say that?)

CU@DL

Andy

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal
    I do not think I've ever taken a picture in a dark ride before, I've never felt the need to.
    me either and I don't see the point. If someone really wants a picture of a moving manican they sell postcards and picture books of POTC and the pictures are far better than what an ameture would take with a point and shoot camera....or the worst the flashing cell phone....

• no flash photography...

As I posted in another thread, and honest I'm not trying to build up post count, but just get the thought out...If you're going to Pirates today, try to consider those that still have never experienced the ride before...and those that want to experience it one last time the way they remember it - and stow the flashes.
    also try and remember people who may have had eye surgery and bright flashed in darkness cause sever pain and migranes....

Just to add to the list...

#20.) People who run Disney fan websites and take horrible flash pictures on a dark ride just to hopefully get their hits on the site up.
    -Wes

• white and nerdy

So freakin offended at this list.

I thought it was serious and you are trying to be...lolol

ah... nice.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWes
    Just to add to the list...

#20.) People who run Disney fan websites and take horrible flash pictures on a dark ride just to hopefully get their hits on the site up.

Hey, that's a good rule #20, but I would like to modify it to just say

20. It's OK to take Flash Photos on Dark Rides if you run a Disney Fan Web site, afterall, you need photos to show others.

Thanks for the help finding number 20!

CU@DL

Andy

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    So freakin offended at this list.

I thought it was serious and you are trying to be...lolol

ah... nice.
    Gosh, Tee Gel, Im sorry I offended you. Can I use one of the disclaimers in your sig to applogize?

CU@DL

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast