• Stay Positive

(Mickey Mouse Rides) Is it me or...

is there no Mickey Mouse rides? I mean the park has everything mickey, except a ride.
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Minion

You know, I have always found that funny. I think the closest you can get is Mickey's House in ToonTown. But it's interesting that the Mouse doesn't have a ride of his own. I bet there's some reason for this. Anybody know?

• LoisAlene

You can Meet Mickey, you can Eat with Mickey, you can watch Mickey battle villians of his imagination, and you can ride WITH Mickey - but you're right, there Are no rides featuring the Mouse of the House! (Sorry, that coaster at DCA with the Mickey in it doesn't count)
    Come to think of it, none of the Fab Five have their own rides, just walk through attractions!
    What kind of ride would you like to see? Mickey's done so much and assumed so many roles that it would be hard to pick just One to highlight.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Minion

I personally find Mickey obnoxious when he speaks. So. I have no issues with this lack of ride.

But biases aside, I think a ride like that might be kind of hokey if they didn't base it on a cartoon with a plot; and I have a feeling they wouldn't.

• I was deleted.

Yes, no attractions with Mickey. You can watch his cartoons in the cinema and go through his house. I really like Mickey's Philar Magic at WDW. Even though Donald is the star, I LOVE the concept. Not that I don't like Donald, it is just that we were talking about Mickey Mouse attractions.

Maybe they could do something with the Three Musketeers animated movie with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. That was really popular-- especially with boys.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

A black/white Mickey Mouse dark ride was designed for the opening of MGM but it got cut. Maybe that could be added to DCA.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Minion

I have always wondered why they could not come up with a ride just for more of their "general" characters, like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Donald, etc.

• Rawr...

A black/white Mickey Mouse dark ride was designed for the opening of MGM but it got cut. Maybe that could be added to DCA.
    yea! then if it sucks, people will just say..."That explains why its in DCA..."
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

You can ride Mickey at DLR. When you see him, just jump on his back and get a free ride to DL jail.

Smart huh?

• Stay Positive

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    You can ride Mickey at DLR. When you see him, just jump on his back and get a free ride to DL jail.

Smart huh?

But i think a mickey ride should start off with you riding next to steamboat willie, and go through all the changes mickey has made, and at the end, use sorcorer mickey
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfanatic

But i think a mickey ride should start off with you riding next to steamboat willie, and go through all the changes mickey has made, and at the end, use sorcorer mickey
    That would be a looooong ride, were talking 75 years of changes here.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Northwest Disneyphile

It wouldn't be that long. You got 5 types of Mickey. Rubber hose Mickey (Steamboat Willie), The Fred Moor Mickey (Sorcerer’s Apprentice), Mickey Mouse Club Micky, Mickey of the 60’s and 70’s and Mickey of today.

• Stay Positive

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    That would be a looooong ride, were talking 75 years of changes here.
    Well, the highlights basicly, the oscar winning Mickey mouse stuff, and Mickey mouse stuff that will live in our hearts forever, because like walt said "It was all started with a mouse"
    - Anthony Burgess

While there is no ride with the Mic, I guess you could consider Fantasmic to be his shining moment at Disneyland. It has some good moments in Mic's history, and really solidifies his importance in the Disney heirarchy!
    I dunno, I thought it was a good show. The sorcerer's apprentice is one of Mic's most recognizable moments!

• The Uber Film Geek

The plot of Runaway Brain would make a cool Toon Town ride.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby