Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Date???

• Disney Rookie

Pirates Date???

What is the exact date of the closing for the refurbishing of Pirates???
    I'm Not A Plunker!!!

• Minion

Re: Pirates Date???

It closes tommorow

That is to say... today is the last day to ride.

• Huh?

Darn.

I was *really* hoping this was a dating thread for pirates.

Arrrggh...
    -Tim

Okay people: It's time to take action! I've heard a lot of people talk about how much they hate the idea of these changes to Pirates, and I've even heard someone suggest placing flowers in front of the attraction after it goes down for refurb, signifying the ride's death. That's just not being proactive enough. There's a way to stop these changes before they happen, and I know how to do it. A group of Micechatters, MIboarders, and Mousepadders need to get on the very last boat on the night before it closes (tonight I believe), and jump out of the boat midway through the attraction, drown themselves, staging a mass suicide. Then they'll never try to mess with Walt's beautiful creations again! Now some of you might think this is a little extreme, but really it isn't, and we all need to be willing to be the price to preserve Walt's attraction for future generations! The revolution starts here.

• Huh?

Will we all have phones that play a Dessart song and have to get a rectangle of our flesh grated off of us to add to the chain?

Eh... nah.

No Suicide Club 33...
    -Tim

• idk my BFF Minnie

Quote Originally Posted by Eisnerland
    Okay people: It's time to take action! I've heard a lot of people talk about how much they hate the idea of these changes to Pirates, and I've even heard someone suggest placing flowers in front of the attraction after it goes down for refurb, signifying the ride's death. That's just not being proactive enough. There's a way to stop these changes before they happen, and I know how to do it. A group of Micechatters, MIboarders, and Mousepadders need to get on the very last boat on the night before it closes (tonight I believe), and jump out of the boat midway through the attraction, drown themselves, staging a mass suicide. Then they'll never try to mess with Walt's beautiful creations again! Now some of you might think this is a little extreme, but really it isn't, and we all need to be willing to be the price to preserve Walt's attraction for future generations! The revolution starts here.

CRAZY BUT IT JUST *MIGHT* WORK.

• Banned User

Well personally I think the refurbishment is a BAD idea. The ride will become so stale so fast. Think of HISTA- it has no ride repeat value. Pirates will soon be the same. Let's hope if it's a flop- that it will not be too hard to bring back the classic. Who knows? It actually might be good. Pirates, I admit, has gotten boring, but this is the wrong way to do it- add new show scenes and AAs that aren't related to the movie! O well, maybe it might be good...doubt it; but, then again, who knows.

• Huh?

Hista is a movie, though. Big difference. Short films like that, for the most part, have no repeat value for the average APer.

PotC, though... you're surrounded by a LOT. You'll usually always be able to find something new. It's something that can remain in constant change.

Think we're panicing a bit too soon... remember how many were paniced about Haunted Mansion Holiday?
    -Tim

• Banned User

There getting rid of "Yo Ho Yo Ho" theme song.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Hista is a movie, though. Big difference. Short films like that, for the most part, have no repeat value for the average APer.

PotC, though... you're surrounded by a LOT. You'll usually always be able to find something new. It's something that can remain in constant change.

Think we're panicing a bit too soon... remember how many were paniced about Haunted Mansion Holiday?
    HMH however only lasts from Oct. to early Jan. This Pirates will stay all year.

wouldn't that just cause the attraction to close for a year or more for an investigation. then if it does re-open, the boats would be required to have restrains or be enclose to prevent people from jumping.

• Why do you keep talking?

boat bubbles!!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    There getting rid of "Yo Ho Yo Ho" theme song.
    Oh come off it, you're just confusing the people that don't read.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    HMH however only lasts from Oct. to early Jan. This Pirates will stay all year.
    True, however, all the whining about how it would ruin the Mansion should teach us one thing: don't whine about what we haven't seen.

Would Walt put additions to the ride rather than making it to be the same ride for 40 years? Of course he would!

The only thing we can do now is wait until it's open before making our judgements.
    -Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast