Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POTC Captain moved to another location

I haven't seen this suggestion anywhere, but I think it would be cool if they worked the old captain into the ride somewhere else.

I think he could work in many places in the ride, by just having him kick back and watch the action. Maybe there is a better way to incorporate him into a scene. What do you think? Suggestions?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: POTC Captain moved to another location

I think they are just going to cover the animatronic in Barbossa's likeness.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I think they are just going to cover the animatronic in Barbossa's likeness.
    Ooh, does that mean his freaky skin remains could be dangling in the revamped Haunted Mansion somewhere? Or used as a floor-rug in Tower of Terror?

The mind boggles!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Animatronic

He's not just any old captain, he's Edward Thatch, better known as Blackbeard! It's easy to tell from the ribbons in his beard. After my first ride on pirates I went and looked him up. Gotta love Walt's edutainment. It's not only fun, but you learn something too.

• I love my family!

Is it official that the Capt is being replaced? I know that was one of the million and 2 rumors about the changes. They really didn't say anything in the release.

I have always thought it would be better to replace the Well dunking pirate anyway, not such a major figure.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM
    Is it official that the Capt is being replaced? I know that was one of the million and 2 rumors about the changes. They really didn't say anything in the release.

I have always thought it would be better to replace the Well dunking pirate anyway, not such a major figure.

To quote directly from Al Lutz's article - which as far as I know is completely accurate - "As the boats sail out into the "Battle Scene", and one of the ride's iconic moments, the riders will discover that the original 1967 pirate ship known as the "Wicked Wench" has been remade into the Black Pearl seen in the movies. The familiar animatronic pirate captain will be replaced by a new animatronic version of Captain Barbossa from the movies, and Captain Barbossa's parrot will also make his big debut before he returns repeatedly later on to help the new plotline along from scene to scene."

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al110805a.htm
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• I love my family!

^ I know what Al said but, that was back in Nov. I'm sure details have changed and become more clear since them.

That's why I said official, as in for a fact.

That quote also says Captain Barbossa's parrot.

• Closed Account

I dont see HOW they could put Barboassa in the Ship Scene when hes in the NEXT scene at the Well! Putting 2 of the SAME AAs twice in a row? WDI would have to be reeeeeeeeeally stupid........but ya know................

• Animatronic

WDI/WED has put two AAs in a row before. You can see one of the Hitchhiking ghosts next to the opera singers, your doom buggy turns and there he is again! Pretty quick AA if you ask me!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

He's not in the well scene...as far as was said his only appearance is on the Black Pearl...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I wouldn't be suprised if they stuck the Captian in the Disney Gallery and had a special Pirates of the Caribbean section when the ride and movie premiere together.

And why would they just change the likeness of the Captain? The effects they plan on using wouldn't work with the Captain's wiring...they'd need a completely new AA to get the skeleton/normal Barbossa to work.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Captain Barbossa's parrot will also make his big debut
    Okay...maybe it's the empty stomach talking...but didn't Barbossa have a monkey in the Black Pearl film?? I should really see it again if there was in fact a parrot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Okay...maybe it's the empty stomach talking...but didn't Barbossa have a monkey in the Black Pearl film?? I should really see it again if there was in fact a parrot as well.
    Parrots and monkeys are pretty much the same thing, aren't they?

It does say 'debut'... Maybe it is either a creation of the ride, will appear in the POTC 2 film or they just had a leftover parrot from the Enchanted Tiki Room

3rdshiftCM - As far as the 'official' word goes, I just had another look at the press release, and it doesn't make too many specific mentions of changes, just kind of lists them in broad strokes.

• That one girl.

well the parrot from the front of the ride by the ride sign is missing. maybe that will be Barbossa's parrot. haha
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Barbossa had a monkey, your right. His name is Jack. Mr. Coddel is the only one in the movie that had a parrot. Mr. Coddel was a mute (someone cut out his tongue) so he "trained" the parrot to talk for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast