Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    Honestly, lines were shorter before Fastpass. While you may save time on one attraction, the longer stand-by line times more than eat up the savings.

Before fastpass I used to get multiple rides on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones all the time. Now, I'm lucky if I get to ride them at all, especially if I arrive late in the day on a busy day. The stand-by lines are unbearable.
    Yah isn't that weird. Even waiting in line for 3 hours for indy didn't seem so bad, (mostly cause you got to be in the nice air conditioned cave that whole time), and because later at night you could walk right on before the days of FP. I remember one trip I rode 4 times after 11 pm. I think back in the day people assumed lines would always be long, so they got their rides in early and then never looked back. Wouldn't that be nice to have again.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• șoș Tom șoș

Bring Back The E-ticket Books!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Bring Back The E-ticket Books!
    Only if they lower admission!!!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

youknow I'd heard they'd consider removing Buzz's fastpass after the 50th or so (basicaly they'd review the popularity vs capacity and decide if fastpass is worth it)

• Rainicorn.

Usually the wait for ST now is about 5-10 min. On summer days I'd say it's about 30-40 min. The day I went, the wait was about 2 min. So... I don't think it really NEEDS one esp with Buzz all up in its business.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Usually the wait for ST now is about 5-10 min. On summer days I'd say it's about 30-40 min. The day I went, the wait was about 2 min. So... I don't think it really NEEDS one esp with Buzz all up in its business.
    Actualy between Buzz and Space Star Tours will probably see more buisness as people who have fastpasses to either of those look for something to do while they wait I'd expect to see Star Tours lines a little longer but that's actualy all the MORE reason for it not to have FP

• Minion

yeah Just the fact that tomorrowland is more busy will bring plenty of guests to all the older tomorrowland attractions, ie autopia and star tours. Next attraction that needs its fastpass machines permanantly shut off IMO is big thunder mtn railroad. Its got such a high capacity to the point that without fastpass it would almost always be less than a 30 minute wait, similar to what star tours is doing lately. and like star tours that line will immediately begin dropping down to less than 20 minutes the minute the park slows down. It would be a great way to get more guests off the walkways without making them wait in hour long+ lines.

• Banned User

True about Big Thunder, but I still see no need for Fastpass on Autopia, Roger Rabbit, and Screamin'.

• Northwest Disneyphile

The only attration I can see "needing" a FP is Peater Pan, but if fast pass actualy makes lines longer i say get rid of the whole thing

• Banned User

They should remove fastpass altoghether

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by yensid1987
    The only attration I can see "needing" a FP is Peater Pan, but if fast pass actualy makes lines longer i say get rid of the whole thing
    There's not enough room, plus due to it's such limited cap., it would only lengthen lines.
    -Monorail Man

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    Yah isn't that weird. Even waiting in line for 3 hours for indy didn't seem so bad, (mostly cause you got to be in the nice air conditioned cave that whole time), and because later at night you could walk right on before the days of FP. I remember one trip I rode 4 times after 11 pm. I think back in the day people assumed lines would always be long, so they got their rides in early and then never looked back. Wouldn't that be nice to have again.
    The line for Indiana Jones from the hub with a switchback or two on the sidewalk now occupied by an ice cream cart, going through Adventureland with crowd control breaks, into the outdoor queue and through the entire indoor queue was only 75 minutes when the ride first opened. The line kept moving so it never felt long when you waited in it.

When did it ever have a 3 hour line? Only with possibly Fastpass, but even then it seems a little long.

Now a 90 minute stand-by is common place for Indiana Jones.

Think about it 75 minutes from the hub or 3-5 hour return time with Fastpass and a dead slow 90 minute stand-by. I'd opt for NO FASTPASS and having everyone wait 75 minutes. I doubt Indiana Jones would even see lines that long now. Its popularity has diminished some. It's still popular, but it doesn't have that new attraction appeal like 1995 and 1996.

FastPass is a disaster IMO.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by yensid1987
    NO! If DL starts to try to give Fantasyland attractions FP like they have done at WDW it will only make things worse. The line gets longer than imaginable for Peter Pan and Pooh at WDW on slower days. The CMs were even having trouble trying to attempt to balance the FP for Pooh with stand-by and the FP line was constant. That is NOT what DL needs... ever!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I agree 100% that the small dark rides in Fantasyland are no place for Fastpass. Let WDW deal with that mess. Peter Pan at DLP has fastpass as well......just not a good idea on these low capacity rides IMHO. Mullhollan Madness is another example of a low capacity ride that should not have Fastpass, but since DCA fails to bring in large crowds this has never been an issue.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Feel the breeze!

I like Fast Pass for Indy, Buzz, and Splash Mountain in DL. It does let me domore of what I want to do with my time, to a degree.

BTMRR? Eh...I have never used it there and will not stand in the huge line there, period. Star Tours? I just go early or wait until later, when the line disappears.

To me, the biggest shame about Fast Pass is that I do not get to spend time in the Indy queue, which is amazingly well done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast