Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Once again, Star Tours FASTPASS machines turned off

And this time it looks like it is for good....

After having the system up for a week or so after being closed for a couple of months, on Easter Sunday it was closed.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Minion

It's likely a good thing... Turning the attention to Buzz... I wouldn't remove them yet... Depends on if the rumors of Lucas wanting to update the ride are true...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

why have two FP attractions accross from each other.. (and does it really help??? WDW is removing theirs..)

• Master of Disaster

turning them off is good. removing them is better. with the two rides across from each other and the astro orbiter in the middle it gets rather congested in the entrance to tomorowland. especially with strollers.

• Minion

The only problem with star tours not having fastpass is the current line can't handle anything longer than a 40 minute wait since it is a decent capacity attraction that pulls in numbers close to tower of terror (about 1400-1500 an hour). That means the line moves 25 people every minute and that overflow line can handle about 500 guests if they pack theirselves in (meaning 20 minutes inside there). But definately good without fastpass because the minute the park starts to slow down (like after 6pm) the line instantly drops down to 15 minutes.

• Queen of Randomness

I don't think I ever even used the FP for Star Tours. You can just wait until the line dies down, it always does eventually.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Northwest Disneyphile

I thought that I read some place that Startours was going to loose there Fastpass as soon as Buzz opened.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by yensid1987
    I thought that I read some place that Startours was going to loose there Fastpass as soon as Buzz opened.
    I thought I read that too. We can only hope it was true!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• something else...

funny story about start tours fast pass...

i was at school (in santa ana a good distance from the Park) and when i look down on the ground while walking to my car in a parking lot across the street i see a familiar shaped piece of paper with two little black thingies at the top. i bend down, pick it up and turn it over. it had been thoroughly abused and walked on but sure enough, it was a ST fastpass. i couldnt stop laughing for a while. it was like it was calling me there.

and even though the lack of fastpass causes the lines to be longer for us all, it also gets people off the streets (like some drug rehab center)
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

With FP closed, they were actually using the full queue, on both sides again.
    -Monorail Man

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    With FP closed, they were actually using the full queue, on both sides again.
    Yes. It was the first time I had seen a line at Star Tours in a while.

• Minion

Both sides are used when its busy enough to require it (on days over 45K), with or without fastpass due to the fact that its too hard to operate just one turnstyle (a dangerous one) with lots of wheelchair parties coming up and every launch needing 40 guests. Without fastpass though, the inside line can be filled up ALL the way instead of just 1/2 way meaning you can experience star tours line the way george lucas and the imagineers intended. Some would argue the queue is more entertaining than the ride.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I do enjoy standing in that queue, on of the last great themed ones. Its good they are removing Fast Pass- I hope it is permanent. If tomorrowland gets another new ride soon (fingers crossed) Fast Pass would be better utilized there.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Indeed, I always thought it was pretty sad that the entire Star Tours line was overlooked by fastpass. The theming in the ride is a great atmosphere. It ought to be, seeing as one of the most successful film franchises has its home there.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    and even though the lack of fastpass causes the lines to be longer for us all, it also gets people off the streets (like some drug rehab center)
    Honestly, lines were shorter before Fastpass. While you may save time on one attraction, the longer stand-by line times more than eat up the savings.

Before fastpass I used to get multiple rides on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones all the time. Now, I'm lucky if I get to ride them at all, especially if I arrive late in the day on a busy day. The stand-by lines are unbearable.

I hope the fastpass is history for Star Tours and in regards to the queue capacity. That queue has been in place well before fastpass and and its been able to handle the crowds in the past, so there is no reason why it can't handle them today. Star Tours is not nearly as popular as it once was.

Sadly, Buzz really needs Fastpass with its limited queue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast