• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

What old family photos at Disneyland do you have?

Erg All I can say is my bad for 1) letting hubby control the camera for 25 years 2) not going thru 25 years of photos earlier.
    I have been bad bad storing photos in boxes and bags for 25 years. So I decided it was time to set the record straight and decided to start sorting photos by Disneyland vacations and Christmas.
    In going over the DL vacation ones I have found that hubby took numerous pics of all the attractions , with a much lower shots of our daughters and us.
    I have Country Bears show and the Christmas version...The Tahitian Terrace Aladin show as well as the fire and hula girl show... Toontown fresh and new with the Afternoon toon gang...Tommorrowland really on the move..people mover ( complete with some blurry Tron pics) skyway and an almost complete narrative in photos of the underwater elements, Sam Traders heads and the backside of water and the beloved asphalt parking lot!
    Now I need to gather all my disney books to date the photos as to what went in and out when. Oh and the old Character breakfast at the original location in the DL hotel I really miss that outdoor seating.
    So advice for all you newbies put your Dl vacation photos in books right away and date them!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: What old family photos at Disneyland do you have?

Well, aside from the recent photos linked in my signature below, the only other Disneyland photos I have are from a childhood trip in 1987. Naturally, I was too young to be allowed access to the camera, nor was I interested in all the things I would be now.

This thread just prompted me to pull out my old photo albums Amongst the gems are some character photos with Snow White, Grumpy and Dopey; Mary Poppins and two chimney sweeps; me with Brer Bear; Merlin and of course, Mickey. I seem to be in most of them - I was quite the poser 19 years ago, it would seem.

I'm actually stunned looking through this just how good some of these photos are. There is a shot of me in front of the Disneyland gate, which does look quite different in many respects. There are also many excellent shots of the Jungle Cruise; the Main Street Bus; the Columbia; a very crowded Haunted Mansion; It's a Small World (with some great interior shots that MUST have used a flash). Most impressive seems to be the parade photos, which were going for a circus feel at the time. I have a commemorative Dumbo from that era that proclaims it was "Circus Fantasy Every Day Through April 26".

From the looks of the photos, a parade version of Casey Jr. containing various characters. Almost all the animated characters of the day seem to be present, including the Pecos version of Goofy riding what seems to be a real animal. Indeed, a few real animals seem to be used, such as Mickey riding an elephant and a veiled Daisy Duck on a camel! Dumbo is the star of the circus show, with his own "Circus on Parade" float.

Ooh look! I just found One Day Passports for April 15, 1987. Mickey is on the red child ticket (mine presumably); Goofy on the green adult and there is even an aqua 'Senior Fun Unlimited Passport'. Sounds intriguing...

Thanks for that DisneyJunkie. You've forced me to go down memory lane and dig up these photos. There is gold in here. I may be here all night. Ooh look! 1987 photos of Universal Studios! Isn't that Magnum, P.I...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

From my grandparents I got some photos of IASW from the monorail, jungle cruise scenes, the Disneyland hotel from the Skyway...and from my father I have some Parking Garage construction photos...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I have some old home movies from 1956 or 57. Somewhere I have pictures ranging from around that time frame til now.
    Mike

I have a picture where little 6 year old me is standing in front of the long gone Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

• Mickeyfan3

We've got tons of pics of me w/ my parents at Disneyland, starting at age 4.....and later w/ my brothers too, of course.

My favorite, though, is a pic of my Dad and I, standing on either side of the Cigar Store Indian in Frontierland, and we're both posing like indians - stoic faces, arms crossed.....it's really cute though. They're all at my parents house....I Want to get ahold of then and put them in better books!

(and funny thing is.....I'm looking now at pics of my 3 year old niece at DL, and except for the dark blond hair (I'm brunette), she could be me!!!)

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

[quote=Mickeyfan3]We've got tons of pics of me w/ my parents at Disneyland, starting at age 4.....and later w/ my brothers too, of course.

My favorite, though, is a pic of my Dad and I, standing on either side of the Cigar Store Indian in Frontierland, and we're both posing like indians - stoic faces, arms crossed.....it's really cute though. They're all at my parents house....I Want to get ahold of then and put them in better books!

(and funny thing is.....I'm looking now at pics of my 3 year old niece at DL, and except for the dark blond hair (I'm brunette), she could be me!!!)[/quote

Ask your parents if you can borrow them and have copies made or scan and print if you have a good photo scanner/printer I bet they would be flattered and happy that you valued those pictures so much!

• It's a dead man's party!

We have a few and some old old old old old video footage from '55 and on, I believe. My icon, for example, is a photo of my Uncle and my Grandpa.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

The oldest ones I have are from my parents when they went in 1957. All they took were pictures FROM THE PARKING LOT! "Yea lets go to Disneyland and take pictures of the train station from the middle of the 100 acre parking lot". What the hell was my family thinking????

After that it would be in front if IASW from probably 1966 or so.

It took 9 years from them to get from the parking lot to iasw. That's one slow family!!! I guess they like to take their time!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    The oldest ones I have are from my parents when they went in 1957. All they took were pictures FROM THE PARKING LOT! "Yea lets go to Disneyland and take pictures of the train station from the middle of the 100 acre parking lot". What the hell was my family thinking????

After that it would be in front if IASW from probably 1966 or so.