Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

50th ends and what goes with it?

Ok- so when does the 50th end?

With it goes some of the crowds, the fireworks- and?

Will the parade go? I have not seen it yet. Would like to-

Will the Golden Ears go? I need more of them before they do!

What else is going to change after that date?

Will the Golden attraction vehicles go back to regular?

Will all the 50th stuff go on sale

What are the differences?

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: 50th ends and what goes with it?

the 50th officially ends in september & hopefully the god-awful crap on the castle goes with it. if they do get rid of the crowns, i guess they'll have to figure out another way to do pyro from the castle-that is if they plan to continue that with the next fireworks show.

i'm guessing all the golden stuff will go back to normal, the photo mosaics will be taken down as well as the 50's. and the rest of the 50th merchandise will go to the character warehouse

edit: ok, i guess it ends in october now! i thought it was to go until the end of sept.
    <o>

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As far as I know... (All info subject to change by the whims of Disney...

The last day of the 50th is Sunday, October 1st.

The last day of the Remember Fireworks, Sunday, October 1st. (And not soon enough for the folks at Disney, especially those in crowd control, and those managers that have to pay for the extra CM's running the crowd control...)

I presume they will start phasing out the 50th merchandise at the end of summer, with the goal to have it all gone (sold) by October 1st, but some stuff might make it to the outlet store (Character Warehouse) in LATE 2006, or early 2007., I doubt you will find gold ears in the park after Labor Day.

The Parade will probably remain, though it might get modified to remove the 50th comments... Block Party Bash is more likely to get cut/changed or just sent to Orlando (High Labor Costs at a park that is not selling many tickets).

After October 1st, supposedly they will spend the next six weeks (through November 9th) removing all mention of the 50th, including the golden vehicles and all the 50th logos.

The first few days of November you will find some of the Christmas stuff going up, with the official start of the season on Friday, November 10th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Basking in birthday love

The official information blurb that has been approved for release to guests states that the fireworks and the parade will remain "for a limited time after the conclusion of the 50th anniversary," which I'm guessing means through the holidays. It also says that the decorations will be removed to make way for the traditional holiday decor, but I don't know if ride vehicles fall under "decorations." As for merch, I'm assuming that it will remain in the parks through the holidays, then will be kicked over to Company D and the outlets.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Original Mice-Chatter

and when I am there - Oct 20-25th will be sorta inbetween. Well- as long as HM is open- I'm good.

There seems to be conflict over when things like the fireworks will end-whose source is better?

I'll just ask someone to pick me up the Ears I need- thanks DB, that helps.

I've heard that some of the fireworks special effects will be incorporated into any new fireworks shows.

September seems a little abrupt to wipe the park clean. If it were me, I'd just do it in January, when they take down the Christmas stuff.

But, if they're determined to end in September----

What I don't want to see, is half the park still in 50th mode, and half the park not.

If they are determined to end it, then make it a definite end, not a wishy-washy...half-on/half-off type thing.

• Original Mice-Chatter

It always takes less time to pull it down that put it up- I wonder how it will all look.

A friend offered to get me the ears if I needed them- I was worried they would stop selling them before I got there. So that's OK.

I wish the fireworks were going to continue- I would like to see Remember one more time- it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    There seems to be conflict over when things like the fireworks will end-whose source is better?
    Well, like DB said, all of this info is subject to change, so our stuff may be coming from different times. I'll have to check the date on the memo that's hanging in our lead office, which has the info that's been approved by marketing (which is what I'm repeating here). I think it was only posted a couple of weeks ago, but my life's so insane right now that my sense of time has gone a bit wonky...

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    The official information blurb that has been approved for release to guests states that the fireworks and the parade will remain "for a limited time after the conclusion of the 50th anniversary," which I'm guessing means through the holidays. It also says that the decorations will be removed to make way for the traditional holiday decor, but I don't know if ride vehicles fall under "decorations." As for merch, I'm assuming that it will remain in the parks through the holidays, then will be kicked over to Company D and the outlets.
    If the parade continues into the Holiday season, then they won't have the Garland hanging across Main Street (sniffle).

Also, that's a little awkward to continue the Remember fireworks....what with Julie Andrews saying: "Fifty years ago today......."

It also means they won't do the Believe In Christmas Magic fireworks.....(sniffle)

---Which is why I think if you are going to end it.....just end it completely.

None of this wishy-washy stuff.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

the only reason i want the ride vehicles back to normal is because i really miss jingles' regular colors. it will be sad, in a way, to see the 50th stuff gone, but good to get things back to normal.
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    Also, that's a little awkward to continue the Remember fireworks....what with Julie Andrews saying: "Fifty years ago today......."
    There's a running joke among the parade crew that the new entertainment is so popular that it's going to be kept around for quite a while, and that the modification to keep it up to date will sound something like this:

Julie Andrews: Fifty --
    Robotic voice: Two
    Julie Andrews: Years ago, an amazing man named Walt Disney...

As much fun as it is to be at Coke Corner during Remember , I'll really miss it when it's gone.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    If the parade continues into the Holiday season, then they won't have the Garland hanging across Main Street (sniffle).

It also means they won't do the Believe In Christmas Magic fireworks.....(sniffle)
    I SERIOUSLY doubt they will offer BOTH the Parade of Dreams and the Christmas Parade at the same time during 2006. In 2005, it created a lot of extra problems, and costs. I could see the Parade of Dreams running during October and early November to cover the period before Disney is ready to switch over to the Christmas Parade. (This might have the Christmas Parade start earlier than normal in 2006). This will also allow the Garlands to return to Main Street... (No guarantees)

If what I hear is true, then the Fireworks will end on October 1st, and Fantasmic! will be offered on weekends for most of the rest of the year. There will be no Fireworks until a Christmas version starts November 10th.

What happens in 2007 is the big question mark, some folks at Disney want to start the changeover to Fantasmic! version TWO, which also calls for the major remodel of the River Belle Terrace area. If that happens, then they will need to "rush" a new Fireworks show, that NEEDS to be the same throughout the park. Many of the new effects will remain, EXCEPT for anything related to the castle (Tinkerbell will remain).

If they decide to delay the Fantasmic! switchover to 2008 (or later), then expect to see Fantasmic! on weekends in early 2007, and no new fireworks show until June of 2007. (A temporary Fireworks show would be offered during Spring Break, just like Spring of 2005, where they used an old soundtrack with some newer shells).

But then, they still haven't decided the exact dates to switch to 7 days a week fireworks in June of 2006 yet.....

Things are in flux, as always, this info is just a hint to what is being planned...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• UnExiled Minion

50 is a reasonable estimate with one significant digit of accuracy up to 55. Then, you should use 60.
    I don't know how accurate you want the presentation to be.
    "50.6 years ago..."
    Reminds me of a joke regarding significant digits. A security guard at a natural history museum was asked how old the dinosaur bones are. He replied, "Those dinosaur bones are 30,000,022 years old." When asked how he could be so precise, he said, "Well, I've been working here for 22 years, and when I was first hired, I was told they were 30,000,000 years old."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Pirate Girl

I will be glad when the crowds go. I do like the castle crowns. And I would be sad if the awesome fireworks show goes. It is the most amazing fireworks I've EVER seen! But what will happen on July 17, 2006? It will be the park's 51st birthday. With all those 50s around do you think they will just forget 51? I'm still trying to trade my 49th pins that nobody wants.

Aprille :-)

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Will the Golden Ears go? I need more of them before they do!
    Multiple heads, or just wearing them out quickly?

I certainly can't complain about the amount of tourists/crowds there because:

(a) I didn't experience any; and
    (b) I was a tourist, and therefore part of the problem

Seasons will come and go. New parades, fireworks, crowds and stuff will continue to populate the park, keeping it in business for the next 50 years. I can say that I WILL turn up at the next significant anniversary. I'll be there before then (2008 - the Slightly Less Golden 53rd), but hopefully manage to get there for the 60th, 70th and all the way up to 100. (Providing the park is still standing, and I am at the age of 76).

Keep bringing them on, I say! Gives me something to do with my money.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast