Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any AA's in Nemo?

I'm worried about this projection thing... It seems like the cheap way out. It's the digital counterpart of Pooh and the 2D Cutouts in Mr. Toad (albeit a classic). I know there are the seagulls, but watching a movie under water doesn't sound too fun.

Does anyone have any stories related to the ride?

• Animatronic

Re: Any AA's in Nemo?

More problematic is how are they going to get projected Nemo to speak to everyone as you pass. Odds are you'll either see him start talking to stop talking. The experience will probably be like watching Disney's Playhouse with people walking in-front of the screen.

• Needs the smell of summer

hmmm, The crabs at the beginning will be AA's, but besides that your right, it will be projections. It's supposed to be a new technology. I've heard that the Imagineers are thrilled with the it, but it does become problematic when you add in the factor of the moving subs though, like you said Lore. The show will be better from some seats than others, I'm sure.

I'm worried about the capacity of the ride! They aren't going to be able to pump a whole lot of people throught there per hour. I'll bet the lines will be astronomical, like autopia. Let's hope it is a better ride experience though....

• Banned User

I heard they are adding animatronics to these boxes. That is the beauty of them being dry because they can have more advanced ones. But I do like the old way better with animatronics in the water itself.

yeah I remember when they were testing the effects

all the rumors and debates have pretty much said that they'd be installing boxes and glass walls for more advanced AA's and doing a dry for wet effect on them

and ontop of all that they'd be using projections for other parts

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    yeah I remember when they were testing the effects

all the rumors and debates have pretty much said that they'd be installing boxes and glass walls for more advanced AA's and doing a dry for wet effect on them

and ontop of all that they'd be using projections for other parts
    Also I saw a picture of the box for the projector they were using. I decided to type of the model and it is a panasonic. I forgot what the model was but the cost of that projector was about 25-35 grand for 1. It was something like this: http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...=PT-D7700U/U-K
    So by no means are these projectors cheap.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 03-07-2006 at 01:33 AM.

those projectors are about $33,000 each
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

wow.. and how many are they using in this ride... that's a lot of cash right there, they must have a good budget for this ride :o

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Those do look like nice projectors. I guess this dispels the rumor that we'd be getting an underwater filmstrip... *ding!*

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Also I saw a picture of the box for the projector they were using. I decided to type of the model and it is a panasonic. I forgot what the model was but the cost of that projector was about 25-35 grand for 1. It was something like this: http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...=PT-D7700U/U-K
    So by no means are these projectors cheap.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

AA Seasgulls in the lagoon.

Still, it's still a kinda cheap way out. Sure the projectors are expensive, but they still are way cheaper than some nice AAs. I'm just afraid Disney is going to half *** this.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins
    those projectors are about $33,000 each
    Disneyland makes that in a couple of minutes when you think about admission into the park...

I'm not sure what kind of maintenance headaches the subs had originally, but thinking about having to replace the bulbs in these projectors sounds like a real pain.

I'm guessing someone would have to dive down, bring up the enclosures w/ the projector inside, change the bulbs, then dive back down and remount everything? Sound right, or am I nuts?

Can anyone think of any conveniences the Imagineers will try to build into the attraction in order to make maintenance a little easier?

• Here to change the world

Maybe the ride won't actually be underwater? They'll have a layer of water that's only about 6 inches in a pool above the lagoon. Then the glass portholes will be filled with water, so it looks like you're seeing everything underwater when actually it's all dry.

Or not

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain EO
    Maybe the ride won't actually be underwater? They'll have a layer of water that's only about 6 inches in a pool above the lagoon. Then the glass portholes will be filled with water, so it looks like you're seeing everything underwater when actually it's all dry.

Or not
    That's how they do the 20,000 Leagues ride in Tokyo. It's like a regular dark ride, but there's water in the window so they can blow bubbles at key points in the ride to make it seem like you're underwater. Supposedly it works fairly well.

They're not doing that for this ride, though, because they'd need an entirely new ride system, which would be especially hard because this one is already in place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast