• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

If you had your choice of where to stay....

Where would you stay? We are planning another trip back out to Disneyland for October. Last October we stayed at the Grand Californian and loved it!!! But I was curious as to how different the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier were. I loved coming back to the room at night and having the bed turned down and chocolates on the pillow, do either of the resorts do this type of thing?

• Huh?

Re: If you had your choice of where to stay....

If I had the ultimate choice of where to stay? Hollywood Tower Hotel or in the Mansion.
    -Tim

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I'd stay at the Disneyland Hotel. But I haven't stayed at any of them
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• CM for 4 years!

I would want to stay at the Candy Cane Inn, or the Anabella. Both off-property, but when I stayed at the GCH, I was NOT impressed... except by the fact that I got to sleep in a top bunk again, like when I was a little girl.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

we stayed at disneyland hotel in july. had a room overlooking the park and parking garage. my kids loved it because they could watch remember. unfortuately we weren't on the concierge leve so we didn't get the music. but it brought back memories for me. when i was little we would watch fireworks displays from our bedroom windows during the state fair. those were days before the music and sincronization. anyway we didn't have turn down service but did enjoy the hotel. i think if i go back i would like to try the grand californian. the only bad thing about it is that it doesn't have a monorail station.

• A Pirate's life for me!

DL Hotel, Sierra Tower, overlooking DTD and both Parks. 9th floor.

Onsite - GCH for sure.

Offsite - almost anything on Harbor right across from the Main Gate.
    IMHO - The hotel doesn't really matter because I'm just putting my head down there and storing my stuff there. Most of time is spent in the parks. If I can save a few bucks on the room that's just a little more $$ I can spend on the kids or food or whatever.

• Basking in birthday love

I've been planning on getting a room for me and some friends at GCH for my birthday this year. Now it looks like my family might be coming out for a vacation a couple of weeks later, I may hold off until they get here.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Quote Originally Posted by HMFan
    Where would you stay? We are planning another trip back out to Disneyland for October. Last October we stayed at the Grand Californian and loved it!!! But I was curious as to how different the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier were. I loved coming back to the room at night and having the bed turned down and chocolates on the pillow, do either of the resorts do this type of thing?
    Wow! Talk about a post right up my alley! Working at the Disney Travel Company, I've had the chance to tour all three resorts however, we always stay at The Disneyland Hotel.
    It really depends on what you are looking for. The Disneyland Hotel is very 'Nostalgic Disney' (our favorite). Artists renderings can be seen throughout the hotel and Mickey is present everywhere and you can find the history of Disney there.
    Paradise Pier is what I like to call a 'SoCal Beach theme with Disney accents'. It's more of a beach atmosphere with Mickey thrown in here and there. It does, however, boast the longest water slide of all three resorts.
    And well, you already know about Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.
    As far as turndown service, the Disney's Grand Californian is the only one that offers that to all guests. Paradise Pier and The Disneyland Hotel do it for Concierge level guests - which I think is well worth it!

So that's a little of what I know. If you have any other questions, let me know!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I've never stayed at a Disney hotel (although I will in Hong Kong this September), but would stay at the Grand Californian in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

We stayed offsite at the Howard Johnson (and then the Radisson Maingate a week later). The HoJo is an almost perfect location, as it is less than two minutes walk to the gates and/or food. Couldn't really complain about that.

However, we do kind of plan to stay on-site next time, and would love to be able to squeeze our wallets for at least a couple of nights and stay in the Grand Californian (rates do seem to drop a bit during the period we wish to ultimately go). We had a bit of a wander around the lobby and exterior area (that faces DCA) and were mightily impressed by the whole 'arts and crafts' thing it had going for it.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks