• See you there!

Renew Disneyland AP online...

Well, it is that time of year again. That's right, time to give Disney some money to renew my wife's and my AP.

I went online to Disney today (opened an account with Disney AP site) but I only saw a place to oney AP in there. Is shows that my AP is up for renewal. Her AP is due at the same time, I would like to just enter the info for her's there and renew, but I don't see how.

Question: Is there anyway to renew both my AP and my wife's there with one form and one credit card charge?

Thanks,

CU@DL

Andy

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Renew Disneyland AP online...

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    Well, it is that time of year again. That's right, time to give Disney some money to renew my wife's and my AP.

I went online to Disney today (opened an account with Disney AP site) but I only saw a place to oney AP in there. Is shows that my AP is up for renewal. Her AP is due at the same time, I would like to just enter the info for her's there and renew, but I don't see how.

Question: Is there anyway to renew both my AP and my wife's there with one form and one credit card charge?

Thanks,

CU@DL

Andy
    I've never renewed online, but from the sounds of it, it doesnt sound like you can renew both at the same time.

If you only want one charge on your card, I'd suggest using the mail-in renew form. It gives you like 4 or 5 extra slots to input information so you can renew additional APs or order a new AP. It might take a little longer than doing it online, but might suit your needs better.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Basking in birthday love

I renewed my pass through the mail, and I had the new one within the week. Granted, they might be busier now than they were at the end of August, but it does go pretty quick.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• See you there!

Re: Renew Disneyland AP online...The Answer

Well, I guess I should have just started the renewal process to find the answer. Anyway,

Renewing online couldn't be easier. (well, if it worked with Safari, but that's another story)

All you need to do is to log into an account, (I created an account for me, and one for my wife before I found this out), and select the Renew Passport Option, after you get the first one selected, you will have an option to renew another Passport. So I entered my information (Name, B'day, and AP number) and selected renew. I guess you can renew your whole family at once, maybe friends too!

Then go to the Shopping cart, check it out, select the Date you want your AP delivered and select a shipping method. For some reason you cannot select a shipping option if you select a date earlier than 10 days from the date you order, and you cannnot complete the process until you select a shipping option. Then select the shipping option, fill in the CC# and rest and you're all done.

A few things really could be a little more clear, but it works.

I only chose to renew online (instead of mail as Iusually do) because for some reason I did not get the usual renewal notice in the mail. But this is easier, and since I wanted to use a CC, maybe a littel more secure than sending a CC# through the postal mail.

Oh, well, it's done, they said my APs should arrive no later than March 16 (expire March 20). I'll let you know.

BTW: I've heard some folks have had some problems getting in when the renewal was in process, but current AP not expired. What is the process for getitng in if they flag me at the gate?

I guess I'll find out Sunday (if it doesn't rain).

CU@DL

Andy

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

BTW: I've heard some folks have had some problems getting in when the renewal was in process, but current AP not expired. What is the process for getitng in if they flag me at the gate?

I guess I'll find out Sunday (if it doesn't rain).

CU@DL

Andy
    When the main gate CM runs the card through it will probably come up as expired since its going through the renewal process. But since your AP technically isnt expired yet according to the date on the card, the CM will ask you if you just renewed... Tell them yes but your new pass hasnt arrived yet and theyll let you on through. You AP should still work for FastPass and discounts as well.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    When the main gate CM runs the card through it will probably come up as expired since its going through the renewal process. But since your AP technically isnt expired yet according to the date on the card, the CM will ask you if you just renewed... Tell them yes but your new pass hasnt arrived yet and theyll let you on through. You AP should still work for FastPass and discounts as well.
    Thanks,

CU@DL

Andy

• done

We renewed online this year, but the 10 day thing is pretty stupid, if you ask me. Maybe they're just hedging their bets. In the past, when we've renewed by mail, we've sent it in on a Friday and gotten our new passes by the following Friday. I figured with online, it would be even faster. So we'll see if the passes get here by Friday. If not, my husband printed out the renewal confirmation, and we figure to bring that with us so that if there's a problem getting in on Sunday, we can show them that.

• done

Well, my husband submitted the renewal online at about 10am on Monday, and the new APs arrived today. So this weekend, we'll have the cool new Mickey APs to show the turnstile CMs on Sunday!

• See you there!

Renewing AP online really is easy.

I renewed 3/8/06 and requested courier service ($10) and they came second day service. Got here today.

Renewing online is easier than by mail. I'm going to use online from now on!

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy