• Circle of Ancients

Westcot - What could have been

Here is a map of what Westcot and the resort expansion could have, and should have been.

http://rotocat.tripod.com/westcot.htm

Enjoy!!!

• something else...

wow...what happened...
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Queen of Randomness

That looked interesting. I wonder the reason why they decided to go another way.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

there's that old shoping center, is it just me or did DCA esentialy eat half of that shoping center's planz and then they threw a hotel there o_O

anywho we all know the reason was $$$$

DCA was just to cheep for Pressler to resist

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    wow...what happened...
    They were so complacent in the fact that they basically own the town that they started zoning stuff on land that was not theirs. This angered those business owners, and combined with the homeowners just outside Disneyland started a whole It's My City Too campaign that caught on with everybody else in Orange County who saw it as fighting The Man.

The Westcot image here is actually the "super-deluxe" first version they had for Westcot. After they judged it as too expensive, they came up with a second less expensive configuration which eliminated a lot of the costly items in the first version. But Eisner still said it was too expensive and so in his infinite wisdom he bestowed upon us DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    They were so complacent in the fact that they basically own the town that they started zoning stuff on land that was not theirs. This angered those business owners, and combined with the homeowners just outside Disneyland started a whole It's My City Too campaign that caught on with everybody else in Orange County who saw it as fighting The Man.
    well actualy they've pretty much zoned everything they own now except that one corner which for some reason they left intact (after buying and destroying many of it's neighbors)

the only thing they don't own is that one recommended parking lot (which ironicaly I also recommended in my 3rd gate thread) which is supposed to be home to that Anihiem shopping center

Wow!
    Westcot looks like it would have been great. I only have one comment on it though. Doesn't it seem like a lot of the park was indoors? I mean, in southern California, where it is usually bright and sunny, and hardly ever rains (2004-2005 excluded), wouldn't you want to keep as much of the park outdoors as possible?

I love Epcot, I still get a kick out of the 1980's version that it was. I would have loved to see an Epcot in California. I still think it would have been, in any form, much, much greater than DCA.