Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

As much as I love going to DLR with my kids, and enjoying it with them, My wife and I enjoy going without them. It seems to be a totally different experence when it is just the 2 of us or other adult friends. We try to make it a habbit of going once for us for every 1 ot 2 trips that we take the kids. Keeping in mind that we are AP holders and go once every 1 to 2 weeks.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I have two boys(Thank God)and I've taken 2 trips to DL without them, both long weekend trips and will take a third without in July. As much as I love my boys and our fun in the park it's fun to have a little "no kid fun" too. Now that we are working on year 3 of having an AP it's less guilt inducing to do so

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm glad to hear that some of you do the DLand thing without your kids, too. I have a great time with 'em, but I really do have a better time without 'em.
    But how's this for insanity... My wife and I are going July 14-July18 without the kids (I don't even want to consider THAT trip with 5 !! When we told the kids our plans, they were totally bummed that they wouldn't get to the Park during the anniversary. We (due to guilt) decided that we would take all 5 kids(4 girls, 1 boy ), PLUS 1 friend each during the weekend of June 17-June19 . June 18th happens to be the 50 year anniversary of the first steam-up of the Disneyland Railroad. There is going to be a special event planned by "The Carolwood Pacific Historical Society" inside of the Park. Probably a re-dedication of the #2 Engine, The E. P. Ripley.
    Anyways, we found that as teenagers, our kids have alot more fun in the Park when they are there with their friends. The funny thing is this; we turn the kids loose on the first day with one walkie-talkie per group, spending money, etc. and usually within 3 or 4 hours the kids are hanging around with us again. It's kinda cool . They seem to enjoy being with us when they know that they don't have to be. Go figure

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I dont have any kids, and sometimes I take family or friends kids with me to disneyland, and to be honest, it's great, but they really hold you back. I enjoy it better with out them.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I'm glad to hear that some of you do the DLand thing without your kids, too. I have a great time with 'em, but I really do have a better time without 'em.
    But how's this for insanity... My wife and I are going July 14-July18 without the kids (I don't even want to consider THAT trip with 5 !! When we told the kids our plans, they were totally bummed that they wouldn't get to the Park during the anniversary. We (due to guilt) decided that we would take all 5 kids(4 girls, 1 boy ), PLUS 1 friend each during the weekend of June 17-June19 .
    I'm with you there!! I am so not taking mine during the Anniversary Weekend. It's just going to be too packed. I'm going to try and take them down for a weekend in late June before their AP's expire

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I'm with you there!! I am so not taking mine during the Anniversary Weekend. It's just going to be too packed. I'm going to try and take them down for a weekend in late June before their AP's expire
    Put me in the same group. My kids will be no where near the park for the anniversary weekend. My husband and kids will probably end up staying with my parents that weekend.

And T, I soooo hope you guys can make it down in June! You know the kids would love it too..
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12