Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

How much time do you spend at Disneyland WITHOUT your kids?

Just a curious question? How much time (percentage wise) do you spend at the Park without your children?
    My wife and I have 5 kids between the 2 of us, they are between the ages of 13 and 20. We enjoy taking them to the Park, but we also enjoy going without them. I'd say that we probably spend about 33% of our trip time per year with our kids at the Park, and the other 67% is just for us.
    Don't get me wrong, I love our kids, but dealing with 4 girls and 1 boy this age can drive you a little crazy. Sometimes we need to escape from the asylum.

• Race Car Driver

My sons are 12, 13.......... We spend 100% of our time with them when we are on holidays.

They are 2 of the neatest guys you will ever come across....

.........when there is a ride where 2 people sit together and 2 people sit behind or in front........50% of the time I sit with one of my sons, the other of course with my Husband.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Hooterville, USA

Anytime we can meet up with our kids, we go! More fun with 'em.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• LoisAlene

Disneyland- without Kids?????

I'll let you know if I ever grow up!

Never been to DL as a childless person, can't imagine what it would be like.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

I don't have any kids , and I work at Disneyland. So everytime I am at Disneyland I am without my kids!! I do have a little brother and I only bring him a few times a year because when I bring him and he says (after only a few hours in the park) that he wants to go home and play video games and watch TV, I get SOOOO mad! Most kids would give their right arm to have a sister that works at Disneyland and can get them in for free, pretty much any day they want! So, I like going with people who can stay for as long as I wanna be there!! (I know I am selfish! )

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    I do have a little brother and I only bring him a few times a year because when I bring him and he says (after only a few hours in the park) that he wants to go home and play video games and watch TV, I get SOOOO mad!
    LOL ... my little cousin is the same way except I do not work at Disneyland ... last time it took almost 2 hrs. to get him off his video games and into the car for DL ... and what made it worse was he was playing Kingdom Hearts ... I kept trying to tell him he could see all these characters in person once we were at DL ... and I have to go through this nightmare again when I pick him up on Thursday.

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    I don't have any kids , and I work at Disneyland. So everytime I am at Disneyland I am without my kids!! I do have a little brother and I only bring him a few times a year because when I bring him and he says (after only a few hours in the park) that he wants to go home and play video games and watch TV, I get SOOOO mad! Most kids would give their right arm to have a sister that works at Disneyland and can get them in for free, pretty much any day they want! So, I like going with people who can stay for as long as I wanna be there!! (I know I am selfish! )
    I'll be there Oct. 3,4 &5 from the opening minute until they have to throw me out kicking and screaming.
    Stop by and say Hi!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

I have no kids (thank goodness), but I raised 2 of my nieces and nephews. I go with them when I can, but most of the time I prefer going with only people of my own age group and maturity level.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

I have no kids so I'm almost always childless at DL. I have taken seven -year-old twins (boys). It was neat to see DL through their eyes. BTW they loved it and are constantly asking when I'm going to take them again.

• Still wants to be a cat!

0%, I love to go with my daughter to DL, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have ever experienced the Magic again!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I spend 100% of my time without my kids...I don't have any (couldn't resist!). I'm 23 and single (not even a girlfriend). I just go once a year with a couple of friends and we have a good time.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:48 PM.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Pirate Wench, Not a fan of kids I see

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Last year, I learned to go to DL withoutmy kids. The first few trips were difficult, then I started looking forward to the time away from them. Family obligations have kept me from non-kid trips to the park, minus a pre-MA walk through of the resort and MA itself.

I really miss Friday night meets.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

I have gone three times without them, and many times with them.
    I plan to keep up that practice!
    Its so romantic without the kids!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast