Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Voices?

Hearing Voices?

What I'm going to miss most about POTC is the voices of the old creepy men in the caves. This got me thinking about other notable Disneyland voices. Obviously, there are the many great voices that Paul Frees and Thurl Ravenscroft did, but there are so many others. What are some of your favorites, past and present?

For me:
    Henry (Country Bears)
    Wendell (From the original CB show, NOT the vacation hoedown)
    Father (COP)
    Dal McKennon ("Wildest Ride In the Wildernessss" and Mine Train spiel)
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• Resident DL'er

Re: Hearing Voices?

I still think Paul Frees' performances in the HM and AtiS are legendary. A lot of the voice work in Pirates is phenomenal, too.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Relax Lampwick, the voices will still be there when it re-opens. They're just adding the image of Davy Jones to explain why the voices are there!

Read the original report... paragraph 5: http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al110805a.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Minion

When in doubt, refer to the Guide of Lutz.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

he wasnt henry, Henry was done by Pete Renaday. Thurl was the voice of Buff. (Wikipedia)
    (insert funny comment here)

• Senior Minion

Cliff Edwards singing, "When you wish...

Thurl is one of my favorites though with the Mark Twain, HM and many others.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Relax Lampwick, the voices will still be there when it re-opens. They're just adding the image of Davy Jones to explain why the voices are there!

Read the original report... paragraph 5: http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al110805a.htm
    "The mythical character of Davy Jones plays prominently in both the second and third movie installments, and his ghostly voice will now echo throughout the first section of the caverns as the boats sail past the first few show scenes. The "Hurricane Scene", the "Crews Quarters Scene", the "Captains Quarters Scene" and the "Treasure Scene" will all be unchanged visually except for a few new props used in the movie, but Davy Jones will offer a dialogue via the new audio system that will set up the tale of a marauding crew of pirates who are searching for their double-agent shipmate Jack Sparrow."

I guess I could be wrong, it just sounded to me like Davy Jones would now be the only one speaking in this part of the ride.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• Tourist

I'm disappointed that Thurl Ravenscroft's voice is no longer used on the DLRR.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampwick
    "The mythical character of Davy Jones plays prominently in both the second and third movie installments, and his ghostly voice will now echo throughout the first section of the caverns as the boats sail past the first few show scenes. The "Hurricane Scene", the "Crews Quarters Scene", the "Captains Quarters Scene" and the "Treasure Scene" will all be unchanged visually except for a few new props used in the movie, but Davy Jones will offer a dialogue via the new audio system that will set up the tale of a marauding crew of pirates who are searching for their double-agent shipmate Jack Sparrow."

I guess I could be wrong, it just sounded to me like Davy Jones would now be the only one speaking in this part of the ride.
    Actually there are no voices in these parts of the rides right now. There are voices in the dark caverns AFTER these scenes, which I understand will remain (with a projection of Davy Jones added). There will be ADDITIONAL voices in the scenes previous to the dark caverns in order to set up the story line.

I'm still not seeing anything about the dark cavern voices being taken out. Perhaps its subject to interpretation, but that's my take on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Lampwick
    Obviously, there are the many great voices that Paul Frees and Thurl Ravenscroft did...
    I know this is not quite what you were looking for, but I really loved the great paul Frees and his many alter egos, including the Pillsbury Dough Boy, Ludwick Von Drake, Boris Badinov, etc. A truly great talent. And I also miss Thurl from the trains - "...and no smoking, please - the smoking lamp is out!"

Father from CoP: Rex Allen.

His is my all-time favorite voice. I can still hear him in my head from old Disney shows: "...brought to you by Ralston-Purina..." and of course from Charlie the Lonesome Cougar: "Now Charlie was always gettin' into mischief..." His deep drawl is just great. Wish I talked like that.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Here to change the world

Don't tell him Carlos! Don't be cheeeeekin!

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    Father from CoP: Rex Allen.

His is my all-time favorite voice. I can still hear him in my head from old Disney shows: "...brought to you by Ralston-Purina..." and of course from Charlie the Lonesome Cougar: "Now Charlie was always gettin' into mischief..." His deep drawl is just great. Wish I talked like that.
    I still have a set of records from Disney called The Incredible Journey. The main story is about 2 dogs and a cat that get left behind and travel cross country to meet up with their master. Rex was the voice on this, and was just amazing! I'm so glad that you can still hear him in the current CofP as the voice of Grandpa in the final scene.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

My favourite voice actors of Disneyland attractions are..:

Paul Frees
    Pete Renaday
    Paul Reubens (Rex, "Star Tours".)
    Thurl Ravenscroft (I miss his narration on the trains, also. -_- Who does it now?)
    Tex Ritter (original CBJ, America Sings)

Just for the record, it's Pete Renoudet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast