Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greegor
    Will they be keeping the musical soundtrack to Space Mountain? I always thought that it enhanced the ride (on the days it was working)

It won't have the Dick Dale rock and roll music it used to have. Instead it will have brand new techno, space type music. I always thought the Dick Dale soundtrack was out of place. I mean, surfer music with space?!
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    I always thought the Dick Dale soundtrack was out of place. I mean, surfer music with space?!
    Agreed. It has as much appeal as mixing chocolate and mayonase.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Agreed. It has as much appeal as mixing chocolate and mayonase.
    Chocolase??? Mayolate??? Bleh!!!!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    It won't have the Dick Dale rock and roll music it used to have. Instead it will have brand new techno, space type music. I always thought the Dick Dale soundtrack was out of place. I mean, surfer music with space?!
    I'm glad somebody else shares my attitude on this! Dick Dale is fine, but on SM? It just never did fit, in my opinion.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Has anyone ever listened to disc two of the matrix reloaded sound track? They have some awesome combination of classical movie music and techno music that was used during the fight with all the agent smiths aka Burley Brawl. I think that sort of music would go great in SM.

• the subs were cool maan

Ok, so TL is getting repainted. But is it going to be some ghetto hot pink scheme or will it be like how it used to be, with the whites and blues?

• Master of Disaster

anyone think that virgin galactic could sponsor something in tomorowland?

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Ok, so TL is getting repainted. But is it going to be some ghetto hot pink scheme or will it be like how it used to be, with the whites and blues?
    Most likely some blues and silvers.

white, blues and silvers.

i saw the test swatches painted today on the side of a break room.

the astro orbiter is also being repainted white, and the original astro jet ride vehicles will be re-attached to the arms. the large, orbiting spheres will also be painted to look like different planets- and will create a solar system when viewed from the hub.

you heard it here first, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmanCA

the astro orbiter is also being repainted white, and the original astro jet ride vehicles will be re-attached to the arms. the large, orbiting spheres will also be painted to look like different planets- and will create a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=solar%20system" onmouseover="window.status='solar system'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">solar system</a> when viewed from the hub.

*bursts into tears* Oh! Its so beutiful. I can't wait to see what its like when its all completed!

as someone with a graphic eye...it's REALLY good. they're chromatic blues...it's going to look awesome.

the main design aesthetic for the future is predominantely cool in hue- TL will fall back into line with that. i just wonder how they're planning on painting the big, gold block-y things that surround the astro orbiter. it'd be so much better if they were just gone...and replaced with anything else.

although my secret hope is that they'll rip out the planters in front of the tall flats to either side of the entrance show buildings (buzz and star tours) and return them to fountains- cool, synchronized fountains that have open space above them to shoot 20 or 30 feet into the air with precision. that would look ten times better than the agrifuture schematic they have now in the planters. water is futuristic- orange trees and cabbage heads are decidedly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    sounds better then explorationland

it's actualy a pretty general term

youknow people climb mountains to discover things (or to explor the mountains) people go in a submarine to discover things

Aquatopia is pretty sciency

kids "discover" what it's like to drive

I'm not talking about rethemeing Tomorrowland into that and making it "science"land i'm talking about a buffer zone inbetween Tomorrowland and fantasyland that keeps both of them from becoming too big (I think that Tomorrowland used to be way to big land wise with the Subs, Matterhorn and Autopia and now Fantasyland is getting to big if people keep dropping EVERYTHING into it)

that area could easily be a land that lies outside of both, either Discoveryland or Explorationland and lets face it Discoveryland has a nicer ring to it

Have you BEEN on Aquatopia? You do NOT drive the 'boats'. The entire point of the attraction is that all the 'boats' are trackless and journey in a randomally-generated path that's different every ride through the double-sided lagoon.

It's a WONDERFUL attraction in my eyes because it add TREMENDOUS energy and motion to the land, even if, at it's core it's a super-silly and uneventful ride. But, it using Pooh's Hunny Hunt technology, it's simply astoundingly executed. It probably cost a fortune too....too much to justify adding it (alone, with out a "Storm Rider" E-ticket right by it) to another Disney park. But it made me smile at DisneySea just because it DIDN'T need to exist...being so silly and childlike....but there it was (and is). I hate to always talk about DisneySea, but seriously, if you guys all saw how beautifal it is (in person) you would understand the frustration so many have with what's built in the states.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    I hate to always talk about DisneySea, but seriously, if you guys all saw how beautifal it is (in person) you would understand the frustration so many have with what's built in the states.
    Or more specificially, what was planned for Long Beach.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmanCA

the astro orbiter is also being repainted white, and the original astro jet ride vehicles will be re-attached to the arms. the large, orbiting spheres will also be painted to look like different planets- and will create a solar system when viewed from the hub.

im confused. so they are painting the astro-orbiter white, and the "original astro jet ride", which im assuming you mean what is now the Observatron, is getting back its original vehicles? So there will be two of the same ride? Pretty much, is there going to be another *Rocket Jets, back up on top of the old peoplemover/Rocket Rod station?

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    im confused. so they are painting the astro-orbiter white, and the "original astro jet ride", which im assuming you mean what is now the Observatron, is getting back its original vehicles? So there will be two of the same ride? Pretty much, is there going to be another *Rocket Jets, back up on top of the old peoplemover/Rocket Rod station?

no- ride vehicles is the key phrase you missed. they're re-attaching the old astro-jet vehicles to the astro orbiter arms. i have no idea what they're planning on doing with the observatron, but even a duplicate space mountain pylon, decently uplit, would be better than the non-kinetic mass that is the observatron.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast