Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Oh I get you. But the only thing is, why would they switch? The Rockets on the Astro-Orbiter theme with the Astro Orbiter. So why would they take 1960's Rockets and put it onto a "future that never was" ride mechanism? Its like saying to put the jungle cruise boats in the Storybook Land Canal

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    Have you BEEN on Aquatopia? You do NOT drive the 'boats'. The entire point of the attraction is that all the 'boats' are trackless and journey in a randomally-generated path that's different every ride through the double-sided lagoon.

It's a WONDERFUL attraction in my eyes because it add TREMENDOUS energy and motion to the land, even if, at it's core it's a super-silly and uneventful ride. But, it using Pooh's Hunny Hunt technology, it's simply astoundingly executed. It probably cost a fortune too....too much to justify adding it (alone, with out a "Storm Rider" E-ticket right by it) to another Disney park. But it made me smile at DisneySea just because it DIDN'T need to exist...being so silly and childlike....but there it was (and is). I hate to always talk about DisneySea, but seriously, if you guys all saw how beautifal it is (in person) you would understand the frustration so many have with what's built in the states.
    I have not been on Aquatopia but I know that you don't drive the boats (you didn't drive the old motorboat cruise boats either)

it is a great attraction I can tell just by looking at it, I don't think it would cost too much to add as it's only the ride vehicals and a few nifty new effects (not as much as an Eticket anyways) the Motorboat cruise isn't that deep so they could easily cement it up to Aquitopia type levels

Aquatopia would work well as a good replacement and work well under my discoveryland theme idea so that's my idea

Am I the only person who thinks putting the Rocket Jets ride vehicles on the Astro orbiter wont work? Its like saying putting the Space Mountain sleds onto the Matterhorn track...Or an Indy car in the Haunted Mansion, or a Spash mountain log into the Pirates of the Caribbean

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Am I the only person who thinks putting the Rocket Jets ride vehicles on the Astro orbiter wont work? Its like saying putting the Space Mountain sleds onto the Matterhorn track...Or an Indy car in the Haunted Mansion, or a Spash mountain log into the Pirates of the Caribbean
    no it's not

they're the same type of ride

heck both the ride vehicals look almost the same anyways (besides basic paint scheme)

what they're talking about is painting the orbiter old school tomorrowland style, I dunno if they'd put back toe retro rocket jets type vehical or if they'd just paint the orbiter vehicals old school as well (which would look almost the same as the rocket jets)

an Indy Car in the Haunted Mansion? that would be insane

it's supposed to look like space ships in outer space- and the old ones have a better structural design to paint up to look like the space ship vehicles. they mount onto the arms in exactly the same way, and they have all of them. i guess they figured it would just be simpler to re-paint and style the old ones rather than do hokey bolt-on additions to the current fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmanCA
    it's supposed to look like space ships in outer space- and the old ones have a better structural design to paint up to look like the space ship vehicles. they mount onto the arms in exactly the same way, and they have all of them. i guess they figured it would just be simpler to re-paint and style the old ones rather than do hokey bolt-on additions to the current fleet.
    here's the deal though, the Astro Orbiter has more arms then the old Rocket Jets did if I remeber correctly

I wonder now if the Orbiter will recieve a golden vehical

it'd be funny if it's golden vehical is a slightly modded version of the current orbiter vehicals while the rest of the vehicals go back to old school rocket jets colors (hey that would make repainting the orbiter make even more since so that way you can spot the changed jet)

and before anyone gripes to me about how I'm wrong because the Astro Orbiter hasn't been around since opening, allow me to point out that our Dumbo is also new and not the same one that was around at opening (another clone from DLP or was DLP's a clone of our new dumbo?)

I'm still in disbelief. How do you know this is going ot happen? Will it happen before the 50th? and What about the ride vehicles they use as shelves in the Premier Shop? Those are Rocket Jets vehicles. Will they just make some more of the old ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    no it's not

they're the same type of ride

heck both the ride vehicals look almost the same anyways (besides basic paint scheme)

what they're talking about is painting the orbiter old school tomorrowland style, I dunno if they'd put back toe retro rocket jets type vehical or if they'd just paint the orbiter vehicals old school as well (which would look almost the same as the rocket jets)

an Indy Car in the Haunted Mansion? that would be insane
    What I ment by that is they have completely different themes. The Astro Orbiter is supposed to be "inspired by a drawing from leonardo Da Vinci", while the Rocket Jets are supposed to be a real Rocket Ship. Its like taking the jungle cruise boats and putting them in splash mountain

What I ment by that is they have completely different themes. The Astro Orbiter is supposed to be "inspired by a drawing from leonardo Da Vinci", while the Rocket Jets are supposed to be a real Rocket Ship. Its like taking the jungle cruise boats and putting them in splash mountain
    I think you mean theming Splash Mountain to jungle cruise boats (but wow imagine the capacity Splash would have with Jungle cruise boats that'd be awsome)

anywho the things that you ride in on the orbiter still look enough like rockets to me, I'm guessing that it will just get a new paint job and match up pretty nicly

it's not like the themeing was that great anyways, I mean you were riding a small rocket around a larger rocket :confused: never seen that in an actual space thing. All the orbiters are themed to is riding a rocket through a model of our solar system

Still, it looks like some weird retarded $4 building that Disney paid $2 for. The Rocket Jets were simply better. Sure, Rockets going around one rocket isnt too much for theming, but that spot is cursed with bad theming, ex: Observatron

The Rocket Jets gave you a decent birds-eye view of TL. The Astro Orbiter just made it look cool when a Rocket Rod went by, which of course are somewhere in some junk yard next to a peoplemover in perfect working order

Still, it looks like some weird retarded $4 building that Disney paid $2 for. The Rocket Jets were simply better. Sure, Rockets going around one rocket isnt too much for theming, but that spot is cursed with bad theming, ex: Observatron

The Rocket Jets gave you a decent birds-eye view of TL. The Astro Orbiter just made it look cool when a Rocket Rod went by, which of course are somewhere in some junk yard next to a peoplemover in perfect working order
    oh I agree that the Rocket Jets were superior with their hieght I'm just saying I don't see too much of a theming problem with putting the old school rockets back and redoing the paint scheme

I've been thinking though

before the Rocket Jets went up on the platform it was called the Astro Jets

so now that it's back on the ground it's the Astro Orbiter

so logicaly if they move it up again with the same theming concept it would be the "Rocket Orbiter"

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    before the Rocket Jets went up on the platform it was called the Astro Jets

so now that it's back on the ground it's the Astro Orbiter

so logicaly if they move it up again with the same theming concept it would be the "Rocket Orbiter"
    Careful, there might be some TDA people watching. Careful what you wish for...

In that case......

I Wish the submarines would come back
    I Wish the SkyWay would come back
    I Wish the peoplemover/Rocket Rods would come back
    I Wish Buzz would be removed NOW
    I Wish the Astro Orbiter would close and the Rocket Jets would re-open
    I Wish that Tomorrowland '67 would come back
    I Wish Walt Was here to see how Eisner has sabatouged DL and turned it into.....

Eisnerland

• Angel baby

Why does Tomorroland have to be Tomorrowland still? Tomorrow is today. Technology is here now. I think the only things that would be really innovative would be something like Mission:Space, attractions themed around space travel and deep sea life/living. I can't see anything having to do with our every day living that would be totally innovative.
    Folks
    I'd like to sing a song about the American Dream
    About me
    About you
    About the way our American hearts beat way down in the bottoms of our chests
    About that special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts
    Or maybe below the cockles
    Maybe in the sub-cockle area
    Maybe in the liver
    Maybe in the kidneys
    Maybe even in the colon
    We don't know

Quote Originally Posted by BarTopDancer
    Why does Tomorroland have to be Tomorrowland still? Tomorrow is today. Technology is here now. I think the only things that would be really innovative would be something like Mission:Space, attractions themed around space travel and deep sea life/living. I can't see anything having to do with our every day living that would be totally innovative.
    now there's a phrase that I both dissagree with and agree with

sufficive to say that I think the Sci Fi approach would be the best way to go, take a nice imaginative fantasy look at the future do something like what WDW did with their Tomorrowland

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast