Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

ok, so when does this whole "re-vitalization" thing happen? Wheres the proof it will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    ok, so when does this whole "re-vitalization" thing happen? Wheres the proof it will happen?
    supposedly it's starting now with Buzz and Space reopening and a new paint job is supposed to be going up

so I suppose your proof is the tarps that have covered up both Buzz and Star Tours

so once the tarps come down we will see if there is or isn't a new paint scheme and can judge from there

but Why would they paint buzz the color it got when it just gets a new paint job a few weeks later? And shouldnt they be shutting down ALL of Tomorrowland to apply this new scheme?

but Why would they paint buzz the color it got when it just gets a new paint job a few weeks later? And shouldnt they be shutting down ALL of Tomorrowland to apply this new scheme?
    Buzz's paint scheme has been mostly around the sign and the entrance it doesn't encompass the whole building the way the new paint scheme will (aka less bronze more white to fit in with the redone space mountain)

and no it doesn't require the shutdown of the entire place, it's a rolling refurb just like what they did on mainstreet USA, it's only paint after all

Yeah but, that means all the weird "future that never was" themed facades are going to be cool-white, but still have that butt-ugly design.

Plus they could market the heck out of a "New Tomorrowland" as much as they did back in 98 when this whole failure started........

Yeah but, that means all the weird "future that never was" themed facades are going to be cool-white, but still have that butt-ugly design.

Plus they could market the heck out of a "New Tomorrowland" as much as they did back in 98 when this whole failure started........
    it wouldln't look too bad

rough drawing I made a long time back, ignore the WDW orbiter in the center

actualy the facade work done on Disneylands tomorrowland wasn't that extensive and is mostly the same except for more detail and those neon things

most of it including the entry arches would look much better going back to their origional schemes (youknow technicaly the Circlevision was the only building to get that extensive work, Star Tours was mostly a slight repaint with an added neon lighting thing, Ciclevision building got a new mural over the old one and then they also had to build out that whole front thing to put the neon lighting pole on)

the only thing that might look weird is the orbiter but even that could get painted like Hong Kongs plus repainting the Bronze with silver (it wouldn't be as retro but it'd be awsome to look at)

• Banned User

Thats a cool drawing...It would be great to have Floridas Astro Orbitor above the peoplemover track in DL

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Thats a cool drawing...It would be great to have Floridas Astro Orbitor above the peoplemover track in DL
    Anything but the pile of scrap up there now would be great!

• /sigh

Does anyone watch Farscape? A ride themed around that would be awsome! After all, it's Henson, and didn't Disney buy out Henson? I don't remember.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Does anyone watch Farscape? A ride themed around that would be awsome! After all, it's Henson, and didn't Disney buy out Henson? I don't remember.
    Just the Muppets. Nothing else. Henson still owns Farscape, and the Fraggles.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    Just the Muppets. Nothing else. Henson still owns Farscape, and the Fraggles.
    Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the info Swag
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    Anything but the pile of scrap up there now would be great!

Hahaha! Over at DisneyForever, Joel Covnut said that they are repainting things blue and silver. That's great, but what the hell are they going to do with the gold Astro Orbiter? Hopefully they won't leave it the way it is!

• is satisfactual.

Aside from the eternal Bronze Versus Silver issue... Does everyone hate the orange/pink/purple/blue colours that were used in DL's Tomorrowland as well? Because I've always been rather fond of those. Then again, I'm still a fan of retrofuturism. Colours like these I mean:

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    Aside from the eternal Bronze Versus Silver issue... Does everyone hate the orange/pink/purple/blue colours that were used in DL's Tomorrowland as well? Because I've always been rather fond of those. Then again, I'm still a fan of retrofuturism. Colours like these I mean:

I think that the blue-purple ish colors behind the silver wouldn't be too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Hahaha! Over at DisneyForever, Joel Covnut said that they are repainting things blue and silver. That's great, but what the hell are they going to do with the gold Astro Orbiter? Hopefully they won't leave it the way it is!
    I've heard that the gold will not totaly leave but that it will be reduced and the bronze will leave

so far I've heard no plans for the orbiter but then wasn't there posts further down on the thread that said that they were repainting the orbiter?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast