Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast

• Minion

Whereas I agree, "try something different" made sense. However, I think trying something different would mean things like replacing CoP and Mission to Mars with attractions, and more importantly, ones that are forward-looking and featured actual rides.

EO was based on Eisner's very faddish approach to new attractions. Star Tours was a somewhat better choice, but ultimately, it's not much more than just another movie screen.

What would the West Side be like today if they'd never said, "Hey, we need more to do here, let's add a couple E ticket dark rides." Why should Tomorrowland be so immune to the same philosophy?
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Wow more of star tours near the extended queue was painted and it is breathtaking. AND great news for everybody: THEY HAVE BEGUN PAINTING THE PEOPLEMOVER TRACK white and blue and grey!!!! Also they are getting new bluish silver trash cans already for tomorrowland, look for them very soon (hell they didn't even change the TL trash cans till like 2000 when tomorrowland 98 came out). If the decal on the trash cans is any indication, tomorrowland might even be getting a new logo!

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by dlrfanatic
    Wow more of star tours near the extended queue was painted and it is breathtaking. AND great news for everybody: THEY HAVE BEGUN PAINTING THE PEOPLEMOVER TRACK white and blue and grey!!!! Also they are getting new bluish silver trash cans already for tomorrowland, look for them very soon (hell they didn't even change the TL trash cans till like 2000 when tomorrowland 98 came out). If the decal on the trash cans is any indication, tomorrowland might even be getting a new logo!
    That's Awesome! I had hoped that they would repaint PM track ... At least, if we have to be depressed by the nothingness it can at least look pretty!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Still wants to be a cat!

Don't know if anyone is aware of this fact, or even aware of the restaurant. Encounters at LAX was designed by Disney Imagineers. Ever been there? Great place to eat and what an atmosphere! Wouldn't that be great in TL?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• șoș Tom șoș

Wow its all been said and done in this post, if you want to read some interesting ideas for possible expansion ideas, pick up this month's copy of Disney Magazine, which offers several Disney Toyko and Disney Sea rides perfect for TL. More specifically, check out "Storm Chasers" a great ride and something well worth investigating the feasibility to replace Star Tours if negotiations cannot resume.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Don't know if anyone is aware of this fact, or even aware of the restaurant. Encounters at LAX was designed by Disney Imagineers. Ever been there? Great place to eat and what an atmosphere! Wouldn't that be great in TL?
    The design is good but the food is very bad. It would be cool for Tomorrowland though, if they could figure out where to put it.

If tomorrowland gets a new restaurant, why not do a proper sit-down "restaurant at the end of the universe," as has been proposed a couple times elsewhere on these boards. 2nd floor of innoventions perhaps? Watch the universe implode through simulated windows surrounding the outer ring of the restaurant every hour or so while dining in style, though hopefully a slightly (only slightly) more affordable style than the blue bayou.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

A Jetson's style restaurant like the ENCOUNTERS restaurant at LAX (which was designed by WDI) would fit in the TL theme. Simple theming that isn't so "in your face".
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Banned User

Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 05-15-2005 at 01:49 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Well "Hitchhikers" did pretty well at the box office so someone had a good idea based on that movie. Maybe that could be a "go".

• Banned User

Bring back ADVENTURE THRU INNER SPACE please.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Well "Hitchhikers" did pretty well at the box office so someone had a good idea based on that movie. Maybe that could be a "go".
    It actually didn't do very well at the box office. The trades have been reporting on a sort of "sophmore slump" where one new release will get about $20 million its first week out, and then give way to the next week's new release. I anticipated Guide to fall below Kingdom of Heaven, which it did, but it also dropped below House of Wax and came in a virtual tie with Crash, which opened in limited release. Add to that mix the curiosity factor for Jane Fonda's first movie in 15 years, Guide is going to struggle to keep in the top 5.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

They should bring back Captain Eo! Just for nastalgia purposes, that show was awesome.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• That's Hawt

Please explain to me how bringing back an old attraction would make it TOMORROWland??? If we want a yesterland ... talk to WDI about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Please explain to me how bringing back an old attraction would make it TOMORROWland??? If we want a yesterland ... talk to WDI about it!
    its more futuristic then whats there now

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast