Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

• Banned User

Forget ATIS it was a HORRIBLE attraction that will NEVER come back in any form. Next im going to see petitionts to "Bring back Monsanto's House of the future" ugh.

Question

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...Untitled-1.jpg

I don't want to go through the whole idea of explaining this again, but
    you can read some of it on http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=3966&page=3

But basically, Tomorrowland is worthless now. There is nothing good or a focal point, it's a mixture of leftovers from 1967, 1998, and 2005. It needs an overhaul to the point of closing the whole thing down and revamping it, even if they had to make tarped tunnels to SM, BL, ST, and whatever is left.

So here is a basic plan,

Redd Rocket's Pizza Port - Gut the whole thing and build a Star Tours-style simulator ride with an Adventure Thru Inner Space remake or a Mission:Space style related ride.

Carousel theatre - Carousel of Progress or America Sings coming back NEEDS TO STOP. There probably could be room for CoP, but here is an idea. Upstairs be changed into a sit down restaurant with a view over the new TL. Or a massive Innoventions update with an Apple Computer pavillion, as they do own Pixar and are parterned with HP (current DL sponsor) on the wildy-successful iPod.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience - It be replaced with a 3-d ride around aviation or is that too close to Soarin'?

And finally, And I was thinking about this when I saw this a few minutes ago,

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c

I zoomed in on this specific green and shrub spot, because I see another ride. It could deal with the Earth almost like a mini-The Land or can encompass the jungle scene in the Incredibles (I know enough with the Pixar). But going back to the "Land" type ride, It possibly include part of the Grand Canyon diorama of the DL RR. The vehicles and setting of the ride would be similiar to those on Hemilech's Chew Chew Train. There seems to be some space if you removed some of that utility space in back. But the two problems I see are: amount of space and the location. It could be underserved and close a year or two after because of poor attendance. You could even incorporate it in to Innoventions.

• Minion

^I like your idea of a mini "the land" type attraction but there isnt enough space there. Now....if they tore down all of innoventions and built a new attraction with a smaller footprint then theyd be able to do something back there.

Oh judging from the way honda and disney have been getting along lately I would not be suprised if when the people mover opens honda becomes the sponsor. With some added money they could probably "plus" the ride with stuff like buzz lightyear esque rotating abilities. When asimo opens in june i'd also love to see other honda exhibits perhaps on GPS or fuel cell cars or whatever.

I think the overall thought of people about TL is that it lacks coherence and is a mish mash of attractions and architecture from various years. Get everything painted the same, get rid of the yard sale look of club buzz, get activity on the space mtn patio, and pave the ground to match the paint and get rid of those ugly pavers (they get so dirty over the course of the day)!

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    its more futuristic then whats there now
    True, it's more futuristic than what's there now but I still think that we should not be getting rides from the past .... that's just pointles. Either they need to replace HISTA with something newer or rip it out. I DO NOT think retunring to EO would be an option, especially with MJ's reacent court issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Star Tours is essentially the pilot episode of a sitcom, that has been in reruns for almost 20 years now. Yet, because it contains some ride elements, it has more longevity.

HISTA, on the other hand, was also a pilot, that had been showing in Epcot already, and was VERY un-repeatable. Would you go home and tell your friends they have to go to the park to see THAT? Maybe if you hate your friends. And Innoventions... I think that dead horse isn't worth beating yet again.

actualy Star Tours is still a bit more effective then you give it credit for

admitedly it's gone down from being pretty much an Eticket when it opend to being a D ticket now (not really a must see but it's still great fun)

I find it funny that you say you'd hate your friends if you tell em to see HISTA the first time my family saw HISTA we thought it was great and exciting and quite a fun ride and so we DID tell our friends to go see it because we'd never seen a 3D movie do that before

of course then we went on a second visit and saw it again (we only go like once a year and not even that as of late, but now that I'm older I'm starting to make trips by myself which I can manage since we have family in the LA area) the second time we saw it we thought it was alright but we just kinda shrugged and didn't care if we saw it again or not

admittedly the market has become much more saturated since then and the only 3D movies I've sat in on are the ones in Seaworld (haven't seen ITTBAB and I saw Muppets and MGM studios a while back)

and with your IMAX theators and everything I think you Californians are just too darn spoild :P (alas one day "I" will be an AP holder)

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Forget ATIS it was a HORRIBLE attraction that will NEVER come back in any form. Next im going to see petitionts to "Bring back Monsanto's House of the future" ugh.
    I'll sign that one!

• Minion

Same here... the wrecking ball couldn't wreck the House of the Future. Tell me that couldn't be useful in Earthquake Country, or a weather-beaten state like Florida. It doesn't have to be a literal rebirth of the original attraction; it could be a new way to do Innoventions. Imagine a house that can turn during the day to make the best use of natural light? That could be covered in solar panels that always face the sun?

Like ATIS, it's a great idea that just needs an even more Tomorrow update.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

I read once that an identical fre-fab plastic house (of the future), a twin to the Disneyland model, was installed out in the desert at the time - don't remember specifically where. Anybody know if that twin still exists???

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324