Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Minion

>>I mean, those Pods would be the absolute coolest idea ... but with Buzz Lightyear and Finding Nemo nearby, I dread turning Tomorrowland into a 2nd Fantasyland with a Pixar theme.<<

True, but the Pods are ultramodern in design and fit classic Tomorrowland better than the other Pixar things that have been mentioned - - so why exclude the one that works best? Anyway, it's better than nothing - - which is surely what we will get otherwise, unless perhaps the TRON remake is a hit sometime in the next decade...

RE: Paint: >>So, your vision of the future is what today was supposed to look like 40 years ago?<<

Contrary to what marketers will tell you, good color and design is timeless - - and hard to do well. What the modernist artists of Walt Disney Productions and WED were doing 40 years ago is far more progressive and thoughtful than much of the "Hallmark-like" decoration of today's Imagineers. Their ideas evoke the future still.

-If George Lucas refuses to update Star Tours at DL; Then just get of the ride and replace it with an Aliens; a ride that uses both the technology of Men in Black Alien Attack and the technology used by Universal on the Mummy; Chamber of Doom. That way there are two different rides derived of the same concept; Buzz Lightyear for families and Aliens for teens and young adults

-Second replace Starcade and the bottom half of Innoventions with DisneyZone West

-Third replace HISTA with an interactive 4-D Kingdom Hearts movie in which there are multiple endings in which the audience make the choices that enforce the outcome

-Fourth, finish what has been started; Combine the special effects left over from the WDW Submarine Voyage and new technology of Finding Nemo overlay to re-introduce Submarine Voyage

-The Peoplemover track is another question within itself; it is nothing more than a flat track. All I can think of is build a 100-mph speed track without the 200 + drop

• Always dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by asmrf42000
    -Second replace Starcade and the bottom half of Innoventions with DisneyZone West
    Do you mean DisneyQuest? If you do, I really like the idea. However, it might me more practical to combine the two concepts, instead of trying to separate them in that relatively small space.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer_2
    Do you mean DisneyQuest? If you do, I really like the idea. However, it might me more practical to combine the two concepts, instead of trying to separate them in that relatively small space.
    bah DisneyQuest is way to expensive and too low capacity from what I understand

DisneyQuest is supposed to be a mini themepark anyways, it'd serve the resort better as an addition to DTD

• Always dreaming

If it were up to me, this is how Tomorrowland would look:
    1. Autopia - no changes
    2. Monorail - new monorail cars are a must, as is a stop in DCA, which might add to more park hopping/ incentive to see DCA
    3. Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters - I cannot suggest any changes since I haven't seen it, but as I hear we are getting the Tokyo version, I don't think I'll be disappointed, even though it means Circle Vision will never return (always a favorite of mine)
    4. Submarine Adventure - It needs to come back, and I sincerely hope it will. I personally like the name Sub. Adventure better than Sub. Voyage, but that is incedental to getting the ride itself back.
    5. Something needs to replace HISTA - something groundbraking and original, but I am at a loss at what it should be.
    6. PeopleMover - with new cars and a safe track of course
    7. Carousel of Progress - I would love to see COP come back home after all these years, as the WDW management clearly has lost interest in it. The final scene needs to be updated, though. If COP cannot be brought back, than perhaps the Flying Saucers should go in that building.
    8. Innoventions - moved to the old Starcade, and hopefull far less commercial (Communicore achieved this objective)
    9. Astro Jets - replacing the Obervatron (sp?), and clearing the Tomorrowland entrance
    10. Star Tours - if at all possible, a new film should be produced, and the queue/ boarding area needs to leave the eighties

Finally, It would be my wish that the "future that never was" theme be scrapped, and that we go back to the true futuristic theme. Tomorrowland should be open, breezy, moden yet not a sterile concrete jungle.

[QUOTE=asmrf42000
    -Third replace HISTA with an interactive 4-D Kingdom Hearts movie in which there are multiple endings in which the audience make the choices that enforce the outcome

[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but once again, does not fit the theme of tomorrowland. Come on guys! You can't throw random rides into Tomorrowland without complimenting the theme of tomorrowland.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• /sigh

Two words: Captain EO! Oh ya! : )

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    I doubt any of these will ever see the light of day. Star Tours 2 probably has the most chance of the three though. The Peoplemover was nice, but I don't think there's enough demand to spend a fortune rebuilding the track and cars. Remember they took it out because it wasn't popular enough to justify the huge maintenance budget. What's changed since then? The public is even more demanding for thrill rides now than they were in 1996.

Plectu's was never built because it was seen as too much of a financial risk. Folks tend not to feel the same way about big AA shows as they did in the 60s and 70s. The AA shows are expensive too - you could easily end up spending 100 million dollars for a ride that only has an expected life of ten years. Not a good use of money.

I think a ride MAY go into the Sub Lagoon in the next ten years, and possibly a new film will go into the HISTA theater. New Attractions could be put in some of the dark corners of Tomorrowland, but past that I don't see much happening. I don't think the Chevron Autopia will be going away anytime soon, and neither will Buzz. Innoventions MAY go - but it would have to be for a sure fire blockbuster attraction that could easily recoup the costs of construction AND make up for the lost of sponsorship revenue.

I think if this revitalization plan is true, I'd expect to see maybe some paint in some areas, and maybe some new color schemes in other areas. I think Redd Rocket's and the Starcade will get makeovers. Maybe we will get some of the Jumbotrons and other kinetic sculptures that were planned for TL98 too. Best case scenario: HISTA gets replaced. I just can't see too much money going into this project with all the other major problems out there. It's looking like the entire Monorail Track will have to be replaced in the next few years and that's gonna be expensive.

And when was the last time Disneyland had a five year plan and actually stuck to it? Tomorrowland 98 was built with a 2 year plan and they didn't even stick to that!
    Are you joking? Rocket Rods had over a hour line everytime I went to the resort when it was open. It was by no means unpopular. It was just a nightmare to keep open and that is why it closed. If they brought something back to that track it would be popular again.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer_2
    What about replacing HISTA with Cranium Command? Good or Bad?
    An updated CC with a new cast would be nice. I liked CC at WDW. It was done very well. However, I'd hate to see Disneyland get more WDW clones.

• Always dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    An updated CC with a new cast would be nice. I liked CC at WDW. It was done very well. However, I'd hate to see Disneyland get more WDW clones.
    Catch-22 !

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Are you joking? Rocket Rods had over a hour line everytime I went to the resort when it was open. It was by no means unpopular. It was just a nightmare to keep open and that is why it closed. If they brought something back to that track it would be popular again.
    3 and a half hours in line o_o I swore never again

just so you know I've heard the line was inflated a bit as far as wait times go

it broke down alot that lowered capacity and thus increased line length

it was a dissapointment in that you waited so long and got so hyped up for it but it wasn't that big a deal and wasn't worth the wait (didn't meet the hype)

by hype I mean you'd see those things Zipping around Tomorrowland and they looked like so much fun, and then you'd be in the que and the que would be amping you up for the future of transportation

then you'd get in those things, zoom really fast till you came to a turn slow down make the turn speed up slow down turn speed up go through buildings that were mostly empty see a few nifty flashing lights and then go out zooming around the outside

I liked that vaccume fan thing though with the acceleration it was fun but no were near worth the wait

• Always dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    3 and a half hours in line o_o I swore never again

just so you know I've heard the line was inflated a bit as far as wait times go

it broke down alot that lowered capacity and thus increased line length

it was a dissapointment in that you waited so long and got so hyped up for it but it wasn't that big a deal and wasn't worth the wait (didn't meet the hype)

by hype I mean you'd see those things Zipping around Tomorrowland and they looked like so much fun, and then you'd be in the que and the que would be amping you up for the future of transportation

then you'd get in those things, zoom really fast till you came to a turn slow down make the turn speed up slow down turn speed up go through buildings that were mostly empty see a few nifty flashing lights and then go out zooming around the outside

I liked that vaccume fan thing though with the acceleration it was fun but no were near worth the wait
    I waited in line for almost three hours, and when I made it up to the boarding area, it broke down! Later that day I finally made it on to RR and would up with a neck ache. Never rode it again.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    ????

I said the Peoplemover was not popular enough to justify the huge maintenance budget. That was true. Otherwise it would still be here today. As for Rocket Rods - the same is true, it was not popular enough to justify the huge maintenance budget. Otherwise it would still be here today.

And how does that translate into the possible popularity of another attractions up on the same track?

• SkiboDisney

That sounds great! It's about time they cleaned it up. It's great to see what is happening!

• /sigh

The RR wasn't the greatest attraction there, but it was fun and something new (at the time). What if they bank the curves of the track? Maybe the RR or some new attraction would run smoother without that stop n' go action it had before. Right now seeing that lonley abandoned track is pretty depressing.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast