Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    ????

I said the Peoplemover was not popular enough to justify the huge maintenance budget. That was true. Otherwise it would still be here today. As for Rocket Rods - the same is true, it was not popular enough to justify the huge maintenance budget. Otherwise it would still be here today.

And how does that translate into the possible popularity of another attractions up on the same track?
    yes and no

in the end Rocket Rods could've been space Mountain (in popularity) but from my understanding it cost millions in tires and worst of all the high speed movement was damaging buildings in Tomorrowland (no amount of popularity is worth destroying every other ride in that land)

I vote for the PeopleMover as a great re-addition for Tomorrowland. I just got back from WDW last week and it is always a must-ride for me. Their 1971 version is an update on the 1967 version that DL had until 1997. It is a smooth oasis above what can become a very hectic land below. It would be a welcome addition to a part of the park that sorely needs some energy.

Innoventions? It doesn't work at EPCOT and it doesn't work at DL. What a waste. I'd rather have America Sings. It didn't have much to do with the future, but it was a well-concieved and satisfying show. What would it take to come up with a new idea along the "broadway" show type ideas behind Carousal of Progress or America Sings? Hmmm... Maybe an idea that personifies... I don't know... Tomorrow?

Just a thought. As it is now... Tomorrowland should be called Ghostland.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy
    No offense, but what does the Incredables have to do with the tomorrowland theme?

There are alot of good ideas going around, but keep in mind that you ideas have to fit the Tomorrowland theme.
    I was going to ask the same question about Finding Nemo! I mean, I REALLY want the subs to come back, but can't see how a story about a lost fish is Tomorrowland-ish. The Incredibles are at least kinda futuristic with their gadgets and stuff.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    I was going to ask the same question about Finding Nemo! I mean, I REALLY want the subs to come back, but can't see how a story about a lost fish is Tomorrowland-ish. The Incredibles are at least kinda futuristic with their gadgets and stuff.
    that's why Subs goes into the new land Discoveryland (seriously Disney should consider this, a new land would be very marketable much better then "finding Nemo let's party")

Peoplemover should never be themed to only ONE particular thing

I'll post my ideas on it in a bit

• Walt Disney Disciple

Am I the only one who likes the Astro Orbiter at the entrance of Tommorowland?

Agree they need to use Starcade somehow... I like Red Rockets but would rather have a ride there.

Am cautiously optimistic that GL will work with Disney once Eisner is gone. There's no reason there can't be two or three different movies available -- that'd be a great reason to ride again and again.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

Quote Originally Posted by kevdo
    Am I the only one who likes the Astro Orbiter at the entrance of Tommorowland?

Agree they need to use Starcade somehow... I like Red Rockets but would rather have a ride there.

Am cautiously optimistic that GL will work with Disney once Eisner is gone. There's no reason there can't be two or three different movies available -- that'd be a great reason to ride again and again.
    well the location of the orbiter now is alright but it kinda blocks views further back into the land and I think it's a bit much for just the entryway

that and as for the ride itself I just think the higher elevation would make it seem like a bit more then Dumbo II

the fountain would do a good job of up close motion like I've already said and if you look at Disneyland from the air you'll see taht Cosmic waves makes a great fit for that area (assuming the new version doesn't eat up more space)

youknow honestly I've thought about moving the Oribter up to the Rocket Jets platform after then taking the old Rocket Jets ride mechenisum (which is now that ugly sattilite thing) and theming it to Alladin's Magic carpets and placing it in Adventureland (the mechenisum is smaller then most of the ones they build today and the Carpets take more per person then the Rockets/Dumbo do so it could theoreticaly take up less space) then you'd have three versions of the same ride (carpets let you control the tilt of em as well as the elevation and Rocket Jets would be set up higher and Dumbo would just be average I suppose)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I'm probably one of very few people who would like to see Star Tours gone for good. Why bother spending all the cash for just another updated movie? It's just going to get old again except this time I would bet it will get older much faster. At the time it was way ahead of anything we've seen before. Now you can see rides like this in a mall. I have no idea what to replace it with I'll have to think about that. Let's hope "Marcie" can give more details or better yet I'll wait for Al to give me the low down with his updates (with more detail)
    I agree with Disguy StarTours is outdated. I'm not sure what ride to suggest Either. But, there are other parks and miniature golf courses that have the same idea.

Captain Rex needs a day off. Let Han Solo take over

Walt's love of Trains!

• Senior Minion

That corner buy Red rockets has always been dead. To much outdoor dining areas

Very True, However Tomorrowland just needs the TLC bad

Walt's love of Trains!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I've never been pleased to actually see an attraction close. Even the simple stuff like Mr Lincoln is something you're getting for your admission that you wouldn't if it was gone. Generally, my philosophy is more rides > less rides.

Can't say I'm too unhappy to hear Rocket Rods closed, though. The most unpleasant thing about that ride wasn't the up/down speed, or the Christmas lights and mirrors used for effect. It was how it created a loud whine all over the park except for everything around the Rivers of America. I remember sitting around near the train station in Fantasyland waiting for Toontown to open on my early entry. All the way up here we could hear WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEeoooooohhhhh.

The noise level from that attraction distracted the ambience of other attractions and even other lands.

^ I totally agree! The NOISE those things made! My family started referring to them as "The Mosquitoes."

• Santa Barbara, CA

Bring on the white paint. The old Tomorrowland had something the new one does not. The benefit of being sincere. For all the hip kitch, it was truly out to show us the future. Unfortunately, we believed it. I grew up believing that a monorial was coming to my neighborhood or that i might live in progress city. Now I'll have to move to Vegas to live by a Monorial! It's ironic that the very kind of place Walt detested so much is the one that gets all the best of everything. Not for long. Long live Matt Ouimet and Walt's vision!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I agree with Disguy StarTours is outdated. I'm not sure what ride to suggest Either. But, there are other parks and miniature golf courses that have the same idea.
    Star Tours just needs more extra simulator effects, like windows that let you see out the sides of the ship while your flying and um a facade on the side of the ship that isn't Neon painted

the movies could start out with a new one durring the Holidays which is a trip to Hoth and the Rebel base there

and then when the Summer comes around you could actualy make it to the Moons of Endor only to get attacked by Storm Troopers on the ground, you try to escape but the Emperial Armada blocks your way trapped between the Armada and a brand new death star you decide to help the rebels take it out by flying INSIDE it this time

after a while you could randomize the trips and keep Hoth for winters only

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland RR Guy
    Captain Rex needs a day off. Let Han Solo take over
    I mentioned this idea on another thread I started but I had this idea that you fire Captain Rex (I can see him in the Que line sitting there with a sign saying "Will work for oil") and have Han and Chewie piloting the Star Speeder. But why would two Heroes of the Rebellion be brought down in lowly stature to resort to piloting Star Speeders? There not, the speeder is carrying contraband and Han and Chewie are trying to get to Tatooine for the Rebellion. The Empire finds out about it and attacks the space port and the speeder is just taking off. Han blasts out of there to find himself right in the middle of an Imperial blockade trying to capture him and the contraband. He has to zoom in and out of Star Destroyers manuevering to block his escape route. He finds a clear path and engages the hyperdrive and nothing....C3PO appears on the screen stating the hyperdrive is down but R2 is working on it. Chewie howls and Han says something sarcastic and then guides the speeder towards an asteroid field. We find ourselves twisting and turning (If they could somehow get new flight simulators that turn you upside down, that would be awesome for this part) around asteroids as a squadron of TIE fighters follow us. After awhile, 3PO comes on the screen and says the Hyperdrive has been fixed so out we pop from the asteroid field and boom...into hyperspace we go and next thing, we are landing in Tatooine.

As we exit...We come into a tatooine themed area with Aliens walking around and such. There is a replica of the Mos Eisley Cantina that is used as a real restraunt. A replica of Watto's place that is used as a Star Wars souvenir shop. The exit of Space Mountain would also exit into this area to add to the flying through othe galaxies.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast